JOSE ROSE INTERVIEW

nickster

Freshman
After listening to that Manny needs to examine himself in a big way. Sees lots of improvements and happy with the teams accomplishments. The team was emotional spend lol, is this man for real. You don't see other coaches making excuses for losses. We played two tough opponents this year and GOT OUR ASSES KICKED IN EVERY ASPECT. Jose Rose did not ask a ton of tough questions and didn't conduct a strong interview. Goodness gracious this man has to be let go. Yeah he said we was upset with the emotional side of the team but believes the effort was there. Joe should have asked him do you feel your job is secure and the assistants too.

Advertisement
After listening to that Manny needs to examine himself in a big way. Sees lots of improvements and happy with the teams accomplishments. The team was emotional spend lol, is this man for real. You don't see other coaches making excuses for losses. We played two tough opponents this year and GOT OUR ASSES KICKED IN EVERY ASPECT. Jose Rose did not ask a ton of tough questions and didn't conduct a strong interview. Goodness gracious this man has to be let go. Yeah he said we was upset with the emotional side of the team but believes the effort was there. Joe should have asked him do you feel your job is secure and the assistants too.
too much talk about "feelings"

Manny shouldnt have have said it but ALOT of college coaches are making excuses for poor performances this year. Using Covid, lack of depth, and "mentally drained" as scapegoat reasons. Thats the go-to this year for any coach whos team isnt performing well.

**** coaches are openly quitting and opting out of games and using Covid as the excuse. So lets not make it seem like its just Manny. Thats a widespread issue this season.

Advertisement
It's amazing how some of you pick out only the comments that serve your narrative. There was plenty more said in that interview today. I get it; those want Diaz gone will always find the things he says that allow you to criticize. It seems to make you happy to wallow in your misery.

This team was NEVER going from 6-7 to a title contender. Somewhere along the way that was forgotten. Saturday sucked. No two ways about it. But none of us have been doing what those kids have done for the past 6 months. It's becoming more and more clear around the country that kids and coaches just want the season to be done. I think progress was certainly made this year and Wednesday's class is just another part of the groundwork going forward.

"I’m so lucky after the game I sit there with Ed Reed for an hour, decompress. His perspective, he talked about ’98 Syracuse and his point is what happens is how you respond to it and how you respond in the offseason. Our guys responded last year in the offseason the way that was required. Now I think the same thing will happen (again). "

Did you hear Dan Mullen talk? As long as we dont hire Mario I am good. Miami needs to get Mike Gundy period.

This man is comparing the Syracuse blow out to 2020 kids who legitimately post highlight videos after getting blown the **** out. Accountability is lost in this program and lost for most of these kid’s generation as well.

defensive highlights being posted by players after giving up 60 points and 800 yards of offense.

Advertisement
It's amazing how some of you pick out only the comments that serve your narrative. There was plenty more said in that interview today. I get it; those want Diaz gone will always find the things he says that allow you to criticize. It seems to make you happy to wallow in your misery.

This team was NEVER going from 6-7 to a title contender. Somewhere along the way that was forgotten. Saturday sucked. No two ways about it. But none of us have been doing what those kids have done for the past 6 months. It's becoming more and more clear around the country that kids and coaches just want the season to be done. I think progress was certainly made this year and Wednesday's class is just another part of the groundwork going forward.

"I’m so lucky after the game I sit there with Ed Reed for an hour, decompress. His perspective, he talked about ’98 Syracuse and his point is what happens is how you respond to it and how you respond in the offseason. Our guys responded last year in the offseason the way that was required. Now I think the same thing will happen (again). "
So much for the theory that Ed isn't involved...

Advertisement

LOL, who is crying because we are not title contender? All what we hoped was not be embarrassed on national TV and maybe....maybe beat a basketball school.
And who's fault it is that we were 6-7 last season? Our defense is our Achilles tendon and he has been responsible for this side of the ball for 4 years.
You accuse Manny's critics of picking the comments that serve their narrative but you are doing a lot more of that lol

I was once this blind fan ... thankfully I opened my eyes. Praying for you bro 🙏🏼

Advertisement
It's not just those two opponents. Manny has a very large problem with not being prepared for games he plays, and that is a head coaching problem. Go look at UAB, Clemson, UVA, NC State, Va Tech, UNC, all those games had slow starts. And it stems from other teams coming out an imposing their will against us. Miami does not come out in games against good teams and force them to adjust.

Manny is a great recruiter, I think he understands the culture, but he is not a head coach yet. Maybe he will be one day but he isn't right now. He does not know how to prepare for games. His players are wildly unprepared and undisciplined in those situations. You can see it in the penalties. We won 8 games on pure talent this year. The difference between a good team and a great team is coaching, not talent.

I also think this is a major problem with Lashlee as well. That Clemson game exposed the flaws in his philosophy and the offense often came out extremely cold. Both these guys need to grow. If I'm Manny I'm ditching my defensive staff and focusing on the strategy of preparing for football games.

This man is comparing the Syracuse blow out to 2020 kids who legitimately post highlight videos after getting blown the **** out. Accountability is lost in this program and lost for most of these kid’s generation as well.

defensive highlights being posted by players after giving up 60 points and 800 yards of offense.
Great point. I believe it was Santana Moss who said all the receivers had to go back out on the field and watch Cuse’ celebrate. The coaches this year are walking around with that Good try, next year we’ll get even ****!!

Manny doesn't want to **** anyone off. He is too nice and too afraid of kids bolting the program because of hurt feelings. I get it in front of camera but behind close doors there would have been crap broken everywhere if I was the coach. There is no accountability from top down. Including the AD. The team had a chance to play into the Orange Bowl with a win and came out unmotivated it's all on the coaches. Could you imagine if this ever happen to a Saban coached team and how he would have reacted. Don't be surprised to see Ed Reed leave his position because Manny won't do what Ed suggests.

For the record, Manny said Ed brought up the Syracuse loss for comparison to the loss Sat.

Advertisement
Back