Jose Mirabal

Port Knox

Hollywood Cole
6’6” 320 lb OG from South Dade HS with offers from 15 or so big time programs including FSU, UGA, Tennessee amongst others. According to a report loved junior day and said Miami would be number 1 and might commit if offered. Anyone know anything about him?

Advertisement
If that second sentence is to be believed (following previous notes and updates over the last couple months of lack of interest) that would be a pleasant surprise.

I notice Clemson and Miami on his list on 247, but no offer from either. Ready into it what you will.

Offer sheets are one of the biggest fictions going on recruiting sites.

Not saying this particular kid’s offers are true or not, but as a rule, when you see schools that offered on any 2 to 3 star kids, you always have to take it with a grain of salt.

Most of the time they’re just not true, or kids misinterpret a phone call or a note in the mail, or a “hey” text, as an offer. They’re not they’re just indicative of mild to moderate interest from the school. That’s it. If the school even showed that little bit of interest.

Advertisement

Not saying this particular kid’s offers are true or not, but as a rule, when you see schools that offered on any 2 to 3 star kids, you always have to take it with a grain of salt.

Most of the time they’re just not true, or kids misinterpret a phone call or a note in the mail, or a “hey” text, as an offer. They’re not they’re just indicative of mild to moderate interest from the school. That’s it. If the school even showed that little bit of interest.

Something I've been wondering is do schools give kids offers to use against us. I know you should always trust your own evaluations but we all know how south Fla high school coaches and handlers can be. Even if the kid tries to commit and the school turns them down there's no repercussions, but God forbid if we do that

Advertisement

100% agree...I hate it.

Its all student-athlete reported offers. Like, they throw up an offer from a school on Twitter and its now reported as true by the recruiting sites.

Most of these teams have website with real recruiting reporters (whatever that means)...I dont understand why they can not get in touch with a school and on the low confirm or refute certain offers or understand the realness of the offer. So many non-committable offers out there.

Would also like to see some transparency in the process toward signing day...which LOIs do players actually get and receive.

This past cycle...the Gordon IV scenario...had a Miami hat on the table, did not have a Miami LOI to sign. Need more of that reflected.

Other scenarios are these random players - example - Harrison-Hunte...people on here claiming OSU, Alabama offers, etc. What LOIs were on the table for him? Thats all that matters.

Advertisement
Let's be real. We dam sho can't slow play any OLineman from SOFL with our situation. After what one would call a **** 2019 class. Already behind the 8 ball with the Norland kid (USCe), hoping Denis recommits and the STA kid may be under evaluation. We need D1 for sure caliber kids for 2020.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back