Jordan Sherit (DE) Got Offer

USNAVYCANE

All American
Maude
[h=4]Jordan Sherit (DE) Got Offer[/h]
Jordan Sherit (6-3, 225). Teammate with Earl Moore. I got the offer from them on June 25th after we were at the Al Golden Football Camp,â€Â￾ Sherit said. “It was huge to get that and the whole experience was surreal. I was born in Miami and born a Cane. I’ve been a fan so it was awesome. I got to go in Coach Golden’s office and talk to him some.
Sherit offered his take on the current state of the program and he does know one of the freshmen who recently arrived on campus.

“They definitely have the talent because they’ve usually been getting top five and top ten recruiting classes besides this last one,â€Â￾ Sherit said. “One of these years, they’re going to put it together and have a good chance to get back to the top. I know Anthony Chickillo with him being a local defensive end and he’s excited to be there.â€Â￾

In the last decade, Hillsborough High has sent fifteen prospects on to division one schools, including five to South
Florida alone.

Advertisement
Advertisement
"Golden cleaning house on them white DE's LOL"

I guess you'll find stupid ***, racist remarks on any board.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Tampa Hillsborough High School Class of 2013 DE Jordan Sherit was in the recruiting section for Miami's game Saturday against Duke.

"I got there a little late, didn't get to sit down with coaches before the game," Sherit said. "But once I got on the field they took me and two seniors who committed - Preston (Dewey) and D'Mauri (Jones) - took both of them and myself out on the field and we spoke with coach (Al) Golden before the game. That was really cool.

"Coach Golden, he was saying how they need to get me along with them to commit, that they need to get me a jersey number, what number do I want. He's a funny guy. He said `We need you, we want you.' That was cool, getting the opportunity to go on the field while they're warming up. Those guys look a lot bigger from when you're in the stands."

Sherit went in the locker room after the game and says he "talked to a lot of the coaches and players. It was really cool. I talked to coach (Jethro) Franklin, coach Golden again. They were talking to me, and Anthony Chickillo, who came out of Tampa, he introduced me to the rest of the defensive line. And I also talked to coach Brennan (Carroll), talked with the defensive coordinator (Mark D'Onofrio). He was with his two young kids and asked them if they thought I should go to the U. They said `Yeah.' It was really cool. I met some good guys."

Sherit says he's keeping his recruitment wide open at this early stage.

Asked where the Canes fit in, he said, "They treat you like family when you go there, and the coaching staff is great; I love them. They're definitely up there, a school to consider. Regardless, I'm a junior, so I'll see what sanctions they get, how that plays out."

He adds that "So far they're doing everything right."

Sherit has also attended games at UF and USF.

"I have no early leaders," he said.

Sherit has helped his team to a 7-2 record so far; the final regular season game is Thursday. He has 76 tackle and 10.5 sacks, and on offense at tight end he has 65 receiving yards on four receptions with two touchdowns.

"I play part-time on offense," Sherit said. "I told coach Brennan I had a TD catch last game; he told coach Franklin I'm playing tight end at Miami, not defensive end. Those guys crack me up."

Advertisement
Back