Jordan Seaton to Portal to Knoxville Car Wreck Guy (LSU)

Why is this thread alive still? Definition of mental *********ion.
Its a message board, people follow up on recruits thru out season and discuss it in appropriate thread. If you not interested you can find discussion you are interested in. Lots of threads I dont like, I just dont visit or comment, I dont complain.
 
Mario seems to be more leaning towards Dabo and wanting to be high school development school. Idk where it comes from but he came out of off season screaming that unprompted and the whole we dont need portal QB every interview like this isnt new age of cfb. We took almost least amount of portal in ACC and Nationally.

Respectfully, I don't think that's entirely true. He may have dialed back a bit this specific last offseason. But I don't see how Mario would overlook the impact his portallers have had on team success. My guess is he spent all his available budget on Mensah, paying Mali, Moten, Fletcher and many others significantly more, and keeping all our talented guys on roster this off-season. I mean, it's insane that we were able to hold onto Blount, Pickett, all our DBs and all our RBs.
 
Respectfully, I don't think that's entirely true. He may have dialed back a bit this specific last offseason. But I don't see how Mario would overlook the impact his portallers have had on team success. My guess is he spent all his available budget on Mensah, paying Mali, Moten, Fletcher and many others significantly more, and keeping all our talented guys on roster this off-season. I mean, it's insane that we were able to hold onto Blount, Pickett, all our DBs and all our RBs.
He said it and the numbers are the numbers. We are like 100 ranked nationally and 17th in ACC if I remember correctly, it was on Wake broadcast. We needed oline, TE help and we didnt even bother.. idk.. We will see how it plays out in Jan.
 
Mario seems to be more leaning towards Dabo and wanting to be high school development school. Idk where it comes from but he came out of off season screaming that unprompted and the whole we dont need portal QB every interview like this isnt new age of cfb. We took almost least amount of portal in ACC and Nationally.

I get what you're trying to say, but man you gotta pull back on that hyperbole. Did we pull way back on the portal this past offseason? Yup, sure did. However Dabo finally started using the portal this past offseason while Mario's been killing it in the portal the past several offseasons.

We also have Mensah, Barkate, Keona Davis, Damon Wilson, and Omar Thornton getting a lot of reps so far, and that doesn't include transfer guys who've been here for longer like Ethan O'Connor, Xavier Lucas, Z Poyser, Toure, and Bonner. That's 10 names off the top of my bald head.
 
Respectfully, I don't think that's entirely true. He may have dialed back a bit this specific last offseason. But I don't see how Mario would overlook the impact his portallers have had on team success. My guess is he spent all his available budget on Mensah, paying Mali, Moten, Fletcher and many others significantly more, and keeping all our talented guys on roster this off-season. I mean, it's insane that we were able to hold onto Blount, Pickett, all our DBs and all our RBs.
Mario is definitely not leaning in more like Dabo but he still is a strong believer in HS recruiting being the foundation your team is built on. He will always approach and inquire about portal talent if it has the ability to make this team better.

Im not 100% sold he doesn’t go for another QB next year if another caliber of our last 3 is available.

He has to believe he is running out of luck with the portal QBs lol. I mean think about how many near misses we wanted that would have been poor fits after all? We wanted Mateer badly.. They wanted Sorsby, Leavitt, and Heitschel. And I mean how all 3 of Ward, Beck, and Mensah kind of falling into our laps one way or another out of nowhere or last second.

So it would be huge if they actually developed a QB here. But I don’t buy they won’t be open.
 
Back
Top