Jordan Scarlett and Jaques Patrick

We did get two of the best in Yearby and Powell IMO that is a excellent haul. Let's not forget Duke has another year, and we should expect improvement from Gus who should have been redshirted.

Agree that we have 2 really good ones coming.

Advertisement
Lets focus on this class, a long way to go with these 2 and honestly theres 3 more in the state that are UM worthy for next year

What are people mad for we got yearby and Powell to go along with duke johnson. I'm not worried at all. Yeah cook would have been nice to have but we knew we wasn't getting him a long time ago. Accept that we didn't get him and move on. He doesn't make or break our current class anyways. At every position we have recruited well so of course I have a positive outlook on our side if things... We are going to be fine man. Y'all can stress on that all you want but we got yearby and Powell to fill our needs at rb... Defense is more important in this class anyways and we have addressed that with chad thomas, valentine, moten ,Jackson, Harris, smith... And a sleeper prospect in courtel Jenkins...
I agree to a point with your post, but it does say something when we don't have a single RB on our roster over 200 lbs other than Gus who is a project

I don't think Gus is a project. He seems to be coming along nicely. He is a true freshman who played in NYC football. That is not Miami or Louisiana. There were some disconcerting and disruptive events that occurred his senior year, and it might have affected his mindset. (I won't get into them.) He has taken some time to adjust, I suspect, and I think he is doing it pretty well. Keep in mind I don't know him and have not talked to anybody down there or who is in touch with his situation.

This. I kept hoping that Coley would keep this kid in the game and just let him pound it. I have the feeling that this kid gets better the longer he's in the game.

Advertisement
Gus may very well be a project but he has all the tools needed. The only problem I see in him is his mindset, he tries to play like a smaller shifty back when he really needs to use his natural power and size to run thru people. Many times this year he had a easy first down but went around the tacklers instead of thru them and did not get the first down. If he learns his role on this team he will be a asset.

Advertisement
Back