Jordan Scarlett and Jaques Patrick

brock

All-American
With cooks decision to fsu you have to think this does nothing but helps miami case with them.... I don't think either goes to fsu now anymore.... Scarlett is now at a pro miami school in St thomas aquinas so I think we are in a great spot with him. A few weeks ago he said we were tied with fsu at the top. And no one takes his fau commitment seriously.... Even though we didn't get cook, yearby takes a backseat to no one....

Advertisement
You know Scarlett's committed to FAU now right? While I doubt that sticks, I wouldn't say we are in a "great" spot.

Yea I know but let's be serious, that's not going to stick... He is at a pro miami school now so we have a great chance

Advertisement
You post this about two good backs at the most negative point on the board in maybe its existence and you expect intelligent response?

Not the best idea.

What are people mad for we got yearby and Powell to go along with duke johnson. I'm not worried at all. Yeah cook would have been nice to have but we knew we wasn't getting him a long time ago. Accept that we didn't get him and move on. He doesn't make or break our current class anyways. At every position we have recruited well so of course I have a positive outlook on our side if things... We are going to be fine man. Y'all can stress on that all you want but we got yearby and Powell to fill our needs at rb... Defense is more important in this class anyways and we have addressed that with chad thomas, valentine, moten ,Jackson, Harris, smith... And a sleeper prospect in courtel Jenkins...

Last edited:
Doesn't Patrick's bro go to FIU? Imagine if Patrick go to FIU and Scarlett go to FAU and we get no one haha. Probably not gonna happen but man that would be embarrassing.

Advertisement
With cooks decision to fsu you have to think this does nothing but helps miami case with them.... I don't think either goes to fsu now anymore.... Scarlett is now at a pro miami school in St thomas aquinas so I think we are in a great spot with him. A few weeks ago he said we were tied with fsu at the top. And no one takes his fau commitment seriously.... Even though we didn't get cook, yearby takes a backseat to no one....

St. Thomas being a pro miami school is a mis conception. They do feel comfortable sending their kids to miami, but that doesn't mean they don't like other schools. (FSU,OSU...ETC) Their coaches preach early playing time which played in our favor for moten and linder.

What are people mad for we got yearby and Powell to go along with duke johnson. I'm not worried at all. Yeah cook would have been nice to have but we knew we wasn't getting him a long time ago. Accept that we didn't get him and move on. He doesn't make or break our current class anyways. At every position we have recruited well so of course I have a positive outlook on our side if things... We are going to be fine man. Y'all can stress on that all you want but we got yearby and Powell to fill our needs at rb... Defense is more important in this class anyways and we have addressed that with chad thomas, valentine, moten ,Jackson, Harris, smith... And a sleeper prospect in courtel Jenkins...
I agree to a point with your post, but it does say something when we don't have a single RB on our roster over 200 lbs other than Gus who is a project

I agree to a point with your post, but it does say something when we don't have a single RB on our roster over 200 lbs other than Gus who is a project

I don't think Gus is a project. He seems to be coming along nicely. He is a true freshman who played in NYC football. That is not Miami or Louisiana. There were some disconcerting and disruptive events that occurred his senior year, and it might have affected his mindset. (I won't get into them.) He has taken some time to adjust, I suspect, and I think he is doing it pretty well. Keep in mind I don't know him and have not talked to anybody down there or who is in touch with his situation.

Yeah, I like Gus, but he needs to step up big time to be the back we need. I did not really see many flashes against good comp this year. He abused Savannah St and then when ACC time rolled around he didn't do much. Not giving up on the guy, but he is a project. And those who were saying he's Eddie George are way off base. Dude isn't even close. I loved watching Eddie, he was my favorite player growing up and he was special in college, which is why he won a Heisman. I just don't see that upside with Gus and never did. That being said I think he needs to drop some weight and lean up if he wants to become dominant.

Advertisement
F$U landing cook does not mean RBs will be afraid to go there. Cook is not an every down back and we know how well they use RBs to run and throw to. That is a position where you can land a 5 star stud every year and not have to worry about it. Look at how Alerbamer has STOCKPILED 4 and 5 star runningbacks and they are in very good position to sign 2 this year.

We're going to get them both because that's how it works. When we miss a great RB one year in our back yard, then we get the two best the next year! Yezzir!

Advertisement
We did get two of the best in Yearby and Powell IMO that is a excellent haul. Let's not forget Duke has another year, and we should expect improvement from Gus who should have been redshirted.

Advertisement
Back