Jordan Miller

Advertisement
I said it in another thread, when he took Davis from Indiana down in the paint and scored on him twice when we desperately needed it, my expectations skyrocketed.

1679878638433.png

Jordan Miller has been making the rounds and working out for NBA teams this week. From what I'm hearing, he's doing well in them and seems to be improving his draft stock. The feeling is if depending how well he does in Chicago, we could see him go as high as in the 20's-30's range. That said, this is the time of year when a lot of misinformation is being floated around so please take this with a grain of salt. Hope it's all true but you never know. GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
Jordan Miller has been making the rounds and working out for NBA teams this week. From what I'm hearing, he's doing well in them and seems to be improving his draft stock. The feeling is if depending how well he does in Chicago, we could see him go as high as in the 20's-30's range. That said, this is the time of year when a lot of misinformation is being floated around so please take this with a grain of salt. Hope it's all true but you never know. GO CANES!!!
Would love to see him go in the First Round.

I think the key to that is how the NBA views his 3 point shot. He never took a lot of those for us and I never felt he had enough confidence in that shot (he passed up many open looks). His defense is just average, I'd say, but he can guard multiple positions.

Would love to see him go in the First Round.

I think the key to that is how the NBA views his 3 point shot. He never took a lot of those for us and I never felt he had enough confidence in that shot (he passed up many open looks). His defense is just average, I'd say, but he can guard multiple positions.
As long as he's not terrible shooting the 3-ball during the workouts and at the NBA camp, I think he'll have a shot at getting drafted. There are plenty of wing forwards in the league who weren't prolific 3-point shooters coming out of college and improved their shooting once they got in the league. What's getting him in the door is that he's a multi-dimensional player that can do a lot of things well. Not great at 1 thing, but good at many. Jordan will need to demonstrate he can defend at the next level however.

As long as he's not terrible shooting the 3-ball during the workouts and at the NBA camp, I think he'll have a shot at getting drafted. There are plenty of wing forwards in the league who weren't prolific 3-point shooters coming out of college and improved their shooting once they got in the league. What's getting him in the door is that he's a multi-dimensional player that can do a lot of things well. Not great at 1 thing, but good at many. Jordan will need to demonstrate he can defend at the next level however.
I keep telling people he could have a Danny Green type career. He has a nice shot and the work ethic to improve it. By using his length as a perimeter defender with effort , good enough handle and knocking down the open three can create a very long career. On top of that he’s a great team culture guy that’s likable and works hard. He has everything you want to hang around the league. I believe he has the best chance of the UM starting five to get consistent checks in the nba.

I keep telling people he could have a Danny Green type career. He has a nice shot and the work ethic to improve it. By using his length as a perimeter defender with effort , good enough handle and knocking down the open three can create a very long career. On top of that he’s a great team culture guy that’s likable and works hard. He has everything you want to hang around the league. I believe he has the best chance of the UM starting five to get consistent checks in the nba.
All true.

What has changed in the NBA is that it's become so three point shot-oriented that you've gotta show them that, as a wing player, you have that in your game. Will Jordan confidently take 3 point attempts when they present themselves, and can he make at least 35% from behind the NBA arc. Miller shot 35% on his college-distance threes last season, and 33% for his career.

Advertisement
All true.

What has changed in the NBA is that it's become so three point shot-oriented that you've gotta show them that, as a wing player, you have that in your game. Will Jordan confidently take 3 point attempts when they present themselves, and can he make at least 35% from behind the NBA arc. Miller shot 35% on his college-distance threes last season, and 33% for his career.
I use Danny Green because I see similarities from their size , game and work ethic. Both played a lot of ball in college. Miller was a better more complete player. Green shot 3-4 threes a game and shot in the same ball park as Jordan albeit a tad better but he worked his *** off to become a better defender and knock down shooter. He’s the guy JM should try to emulate. A long three and d effort guy that knocks down open shots. That can make you a very wealthy man.

I use Danny Green because I see similarities from their size , game and work ethic. Both played a lot of ball in college. Miller was a better more complete player. Green shot 3-4 threes a game and shot in the same ball park as Jordan albeit a tad better but he worked his *** off to become a better defender and knock down shooter. He’s the guy JM should try to emulate. A long three and d effort guy that knocks down open shots. That can make you a very wealthy man.
Danny Green is much more athletic than Jordan Miller. The player I think Miller reminds me most of is Shane Battier. Neither is known for their athletic prowess but very similar in stature, physique, and style of play. Both are high character guys who were winners in college. Very similar players as well. They both could do a lot of things well on offense but not great at any one thing. Once Battier got in the league, he developed his 3-point shooting. Wouldn't be a bad guy to emulate considering he played 13 years in the NBA.

Advertisement
Danny Green is much more athletic than Jordan Miller. The player I think Miller reminds me most of is Shane Battier. Neither is known for their athletic prowess but very similar in stature, physique, and style of play. Both are high character guys who were winners in college. Very similar players as well. They both could do a lot of things well on offense but not great at any one thing. Once Battier got in the league, he developed his 3-point shooting. Wouldn't be a bad guy to emulate considering he played 13 years in the NBA.
Danny was an average / above average Nba athlete at best.

His scouting reports literally had his weaknesses as explosiveness and athletic ability. Pretty sure his vert was 29. His scouting report reads a lot like Jordan Miller. Danny was good defender that made himself into a good set up shooter. He had to grind and work his *** off to make If In the league. Imo Miller has more to work with.

Last edited:
Danny Green cleared 100 milli in his career with a couple rings, man.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/cleveland-cavaliers/danny-green-6277/cash-earnings/

Danny Green cleared 100 milli in his career with a couple rings, man.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/cleveland-cavaliers/danny-green-6277/cash-earnings/
Yes he did but he had to climb from the bottom to do it. He was in and out of the league, Nba and back to developmental multiple times after being a second round pick. He earned every dollar he got by working his *** off finding a niche. His career was based off never giving up and work. Jordan actually has more natural talent and a great work ethic. They have a lot in common, from size , style of play to not being some first round , sure thing.

Green isn’t some special or gifted player. He also landed in some good spots.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yes he did but he had to climb from the bottom to do it. He earned every dollar he got by working his *** off finding a niche. His career was based off never giving up and work. Jordan actually has more natural talent and a great work ethic. They have a lot in common, from size to not being some first round , sure thing. Green isn’t some special or gifted player. He also landed in some good spots.
Oh no for sure, Im not saying he got in year 1. He was just tryna latch in the league when he first got there, in and out, having to work on game, mature, etc. Getting on championship team and contributing will lock you in also as a proven vet. But the timing of playing after the 2014 seasons changed the game for most players in terms of pay, pay exploded for those avg type players and they have benefited. Latching on league and being a playoff proven vet is extremely valuable.

Everything said about Miller having the potential for a long nba career is true. Add on top of it that he is a lefty helps him. Always tougher to guard an aggressive lefty going to the hoop. They can spin differently and get to different spots on the court than a righty does.

Oh no for sure, Im not saying he got in year 1. He was just tryna latch in the league when he first got there, in and out, having to work on game, mature, etc. Getting on championship team and contributing will lock you in also as a proven vet. But the timing of playing after the 2014 seasons changed the game for most players in terms of pay, pay exploded for those avg type players and they have benefited. Latching on league and being a playoff proven vet is extremely valuable.
Danny was going back in forth to developmental for the first 3-4 years in the league. I just see they have some things in common, from their height, weights , games ,athletic ability , work ethic, draft positions and smarts. Good character cats. Not saying he’s winning three titles , starting in the nba or making a hundred million. I could just see him having a similar role or spot. Hang around the league and make some money. Nba contracts are ridiculous.

Yes he did but he had to climb from the bottom to do it. He was in and out of the league, Nba and back to developmental multiple times after being a second round pick. He earned every dollar he got by working his *** off finding a niche. His career was based off never giving up and work. Jordan actually has more natural talent and a great work ethic. They have a lot in common, from size , style of play to not being some first round , sure thing.

Green isn’t some special or gifted player. He also landed in some good spots.
Idk about some of this. As a recruit and a collegian, Green was not an underdog. He was the #31 overall player coming out of HS, played for a blue blood, won a national title. He shot 42% from 3 his senior year.

I understand that he had to battle to find a role as a 2nd round pick, and he was a bench player at UNC until his senior year. He definitely had to grind to have the NBA career he did.

But Miller's story is quite different. He was not highly recruited at all (had offers from Mason, Drexel, Campbell, etc.), and transferred to an ACC school with very little history, coming off 3 straight terrible years. He was "the most underrated player in America", as L often said. Being all ACC, becoming a household name in March, and looking like a potential draft pick is an incredible rise for him.

Advertisement
Back