Jordan Miller to the portal

Advertisement
I will not ever complain about a player leaving. If you don't want to be here. Leave. Fixing YEARS of consecutive bad recruiting takes some time. I'm trying to remember the last player to transfer out that was successful somewhere else

A guy like Miller isnt going to get much attention in the portal and everyone cant go to Utah State to have Banda bail them out. That post by DVD is starting to make more and more sense. Alot of kids are going to really have to humble themselves and go down a division. (FCS)

Mark Pope actually had decent film and he had to go the SWAC route. Couldnt even catch on at lower level P5.

Advertisement
How many of these kids just jump into the portal to get leverage to get an NIL deal and then come back?

Straight up, it's perfect from a negotiation/leverage standpoint (unless a school takes a hard stance we wont negotiate or help you if you go in the portal).

Good timing from a leverage standpoint, since we just lost Jackson. I cant blame the kid if thats the case, it's just smart. But no idea what's actually happening with Miller.
Doesn’t work like that. Once you’re officially in the portal, your old school has no obligation to take you back. Occasionally a kid will enter the portal and be allowed to return but it’s not common.

A guy like Miller isnt going to get much attention in the portal and everyone cant go to Utah State to have Banda bail them out. That post by DVD is starting to make more and more sense. Alot of kids are going to really have to humble themselves and go down a division. (FCS)

Mark Pope actually had decent film and he had to go the SWAC route. Couldnt even catch on at lower level P5.
There are plenty of teams who will take a fifth year, grown man DT transfer. Maybe not the top tier programs but middle tier P5 and G5 teams are desperate for NT types. ****, Miami is desperate for some.

Pope is a poor comparison. Little receivers who can’t catch are a dime a dozen. 320lb DTs who aren’t just fat slobs are much rarer.

Advertisement
Doesn’t work like that. Once you’re officially in the portal, your old school has no obligation to take you back. Occasionally a kid will enter the portal and be allowed to return but it’s not common.
For an elite player or player of need, it certainly does. You think Mario isn't trying to get D Jackson or J Miller to stay?

I will not ever complain about a player leaving. If you don't want to be here. Leave. Fixing YEARS of consecutive bad recruiting takes some time. I'm trying to remember the last player to transfer out that was successful somewhere else
Wait...you don't remember Lingard da gawwwwwwwwwwwwwww?

Advertisement
Giovanni Bernard and Tyre Brady are the only ones that I can recall.

Great. Go get some DTs from the portal.

These kids leaving has nothing to do with depth. Coaches don't feel the fit the mold so they're going to be replaced by kids who do.

Worrying about this in December is premature. Take a temperature reading on this roster in mid-February.

Advertisement
Giovanni Bernard and Tyre Brady are the only ones that I can recall.

Bernard didn't transfer anywhere. He committed to Notre Dame out of St. Thomas Aquinas and then went on to enroll at North Carolina, where he played three seasons (redshirted in 2010 after tearing an ACL.)

For an elite player or player of need, it certainly does. You think Mario isn't trying to get D Jackson or J Miller to stay?
My point was, if a player puts his name in the portal to test the waters, he most likely won’t be welcomed back if he doesn’t get an offer he wants. The only guy I can think of who literally shopped himself around and ended up back on his original team was Mims at Georgia.

Given the talk about flipping the roster, I don’t think Mario or anyone at Miami is begging any of these guys to come back. Do we need tackles? Yes. Are those guys irreplaceable? No.

Advertisement
Back