jordan and mallory

verobeachcane

Recruit
Banned
They are our most potent weapons on offense. They both get way better separation then any of our receivers regardless of who is covering them. My question is why does lashlee not target these guys more? they seem to get under ten targets a game total. That number should be closer to 15 in my opinion. Especially with the struggles that our WR's are having. Why not utilize our best weapons more. Prioritize them!!!

Advertisement
We really need to be opening things up for Mallory. If our WR’s continue to struggle, he should be get 8-10 targets per game even if Jordan is in. He creates such a mismatch that he is often wide open even if he doesn’t separate (which he often does anyway. He has caught most everything thrown his way. It’s time that we get him a package of plays.

Jordan is hurt way too much and Mallory isn’t right at the moment either. He looks like he’s lumbering on that knee.

Your point is not incorrect. Those kids should be heavily targeted. But the best ability is availability. Brevin missed multiple games his freshman and sophomore seasons and now has missed close to 1.5 his junior year. Hard to target kids on the bench.

Advertisement
We all know brevin been ballin from day 1, and will mallory needs to open things up for will mallory, he still should've redshirted, still way to weak and keeps getting man-handled out their and getting punished. He needs to show what he can do without having to be schemed open and beat his man.

Jordan is hurt way too much and Mallory isn’t right at the moment either. He looks like he’s lumbering on that knee.

Your point is not incorrect. Those kids should be heavily targeted. But the best ability is availability. Brevin missed multiple games his freshman and sophomore seasons and now has missed close to 1.5 his junior year. Hard to target kids on the bench.

yeah Mallory doesn’t look right. That knee is clearly bothering him.

I could see that about Mallory but he is coming off his best game so he seems to be “sucking it up” if he is a bit nicked up. We also need to be giving Hodges a look especially if Brevin is out. We would do well to get him the ball in space similar to the way we get Brevin the ball on screens and outside throws.

Advertisement
They are our most potent weapons on offense. They both get way better separation then any of our receivers regardless of who is covering them. My question is why does lashlee not target these guys more? they seem to get under ten targets a game total. That number should be closer to 15 in my opinion. Especially with the struggles that our WR's are having. Why not utilize our best weapons more. Prioritize them!!!
It's not that they aren't beeing targetted. The opposing defense is dictating where the ball goes. Teams are plaing man press on our WRs with no safety help. This free's up their safeties to double the TEs.

Simply put, their getting double teamed.

Lashlee has gotten creative by moving the TE into the backfield and slot to confuse the defense.

This isn't a video game so easier said than done but my wet dream is King, Harris, Jordan, Mallory, Knighton, Smith on the field to begin the game.

King: QB
Harris: RB
Smith: WR
Knighton: RB or slot WR
Mallory: in-line or flex TE, H-Back
Jordan: in-line or flex TE, H-Back

The possibilities/options are endless and would give a DC fits.

Advertisement
Many of out best plays this season have been from scheme. If have both TEs on the field together a lot and target them frequently, its a lot harder to scheme big plays. Would def help the grind it down the field/move the sticks game though.

if the Wisc/UVA's of the world can murder us with TE's in the past, it should be pretty easy with our horses.... like OP said, why the **** hasn't it happened?

Advertisement
I could see that about Mallory but he is coming off his best game so he seems to be “sucking it up” if he is a bit nicked up. We also need to be giving Hodges a look especially if Brevin is out. We would do well to get him the ball in space similar to the way we get Brevin the ball on screens and outside throws.

Please don't take this as a dig against Mallory, it 10000% is not. What you said is completely true, however his "best game" was run in a straight line and catch a wide open pass and catch a semi wide open 2 yard TD. He caught 2 passes. Again, no knock on him. I think the kid is an excellent player. I'm just speaking about his health. Go back and watch the first TD. He dives into the endzone, gets up like my grandpa, and waddles off the field as other players are jumping on him, he never leaves his feet. He is clearly hurt. But good on him that he's out there gutting it out, and still making plays. I just wish we were getting the full Will Mallory, which we saw on the Louisville play that got called back (and oddly enough I think that's when he hurt his knee). When he's busting in and out of breaks and getting vertical, using his strength then I will say he's healthy. I saw none of that on Saturday, but hey if the kid can score 2 TDs on 1 leg, props to him and Lashlee.

This isn't a video game so easier said than done but my wet dream is King, Harris, Jordan, Mallory, Knighton, Smith on the field to begin the game.

King: QB
Harris: RB
Smith: WR
Knighton: RB or slot WR
Mallory: in-line or flex TE, H-Back
Jordan: in-line or flex TE, H-Back

The possibilities/options are endless and would give a DC fits.
Totally agree. All our backs run good routes and are good recievers. Why not use them. Would help open up running game also

Advertisement
Back