Jordan Addison to the portal

Advertisement
......Jameson Williams just got drafted in the 1st round of the NFL lol
π‘€π‘Žπ‘› 𝑀𝑒 π‘π‘Žπ‘¦ β„Žπ‘–π‘š 5 π‘šπ‘–π‘™ π‘‘π‘œ π‘π‘œπ‘šπ‘’ π‘‘π‘œ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘ˆ 𝐼'π‘š π‘ π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’ β„Žπ‘’'𝑙𝑙 π‘‘π‘Žπ‘˜π‘’ 𝑖𝑑 π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘› π‘π‘™π‘Žπ‘¦ π‘“π‘œπ‘Ÿ π·π‘’π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘–π‘‘, π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ 𝑠𝑒𝑒 β„Žπ‘œπ‘€ π‘ π‘Žπ‘‘ β„Žπ‘’ π‘™π‘œπ‘œπ‘˜π‘’π‘‘ π‘Žπ‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘–π‘Ÿ π‘π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘ π‘  π‘π‘œπ‘›π‘“π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘›π‘π‘’ π‘™π‘œπ‘™

Apparently OSU is Hartlines dream job. Thought I saw someone mention he'd only take a HC gig if it was at OSU.
π‘ β„Žπ‘–π‘‘π‘‘π‘‘π‘‘ 𝑀𝑒 π‘π‘Žπ‘› 𝑠𝑖𝑔𝑛 β„Žπ‘–π‘š π‘‘π‘œ 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 π‘€π‘Žπ‘™π‘™π‘’π‘‘ π‘‘π‘œπ‘œ

Just trying to piece some things together. Does that little loophole about transferring back to your home state (or the surrounding) because you β€œmiss home” still exist / can it be used to get the waiver to play the same year after today?

I’m sure there are plenty of examples but for some reason the only one coming to mind right now is Defensive End DJ Johnson from Cali leaving us and going to Oregon.
I think he got a waiver because a family member was sick.

It's going to have to be extenuating circumstances to get a waiver. Those BS waivers like Justin Fields got are likely over.

Apparently OSU is Hartlines dream job. Thought I saw someone mention he'd only take a HC gig if it was at OSU.
Then he gonna be waiting a looooooooooooong time bc OSU is Fickell's dream job, and he will be their first call when Day bolts to the NFL in a few years when he starts feeling the heat for winning 11 games every year and not a championship.

Advertisement
Social security tax is only up to the social security wage base (somewhere around $140k) and then it disappears. The Medicare tax is on the entire amount at 2.45% and I believe that there is a increase in this past a certain adjusted gross income threshold. Yes, as a contractor, he will have to pay both his share and the β€œcompany share”.
True about social security tax, my bad

Ruiz said last night that increasing players NIL deals for their on field performance is illegal. It can't legally be done. Im assuming that's why he was so adamant about Wongs deal not being able to be increased and why that whole situation blew up in the agents face

Edit: Also said a deal cannot be tied to a school, that's illegal and heads down a path of pay to play. The way his deals are set up tho are that the individual under contract has to be available locally to fulfill his contractual duties. Basically saying...you have to be able to show up to work, your work is not relocating to you. Ruiz just happens to fortunately for us be located in the Miami area.

Dont know if you guys are aware but Ruiz also has NIL deals with kids from other local colleges.
Thanks for sharing the comments made by Ruiz. I like the little β€œloophole” he found by requiring in person appearances. Didn’t know he had other deals with our local schools…that’s a plus for Miami.

What I brainstormed would be regulations/changes made the current NIL. I want kids to be fairly compensated and to make their cash, but this system right now needs to be improved drastically and yes I know the NCAA dropped the ball on this.

It’s probably already started with Saban. IMO it breaks the financial bubble that was created in recruiting. I think eventually losing a high school recruit to the $ec teams outbidding us 300k in bags etc will start to dimmer down due the Sabans of the world focusing more of their attention on more proven commodities via the portal. Eventually I can see that working to our advantage as far as high school recruits from our backyard no longer receiving the exaggerated amounts of β€œlove” they had prior to NIL.
I could see that netting us a couple of Jason marshals or Shemar Stewart types in addition of all the other things that are going our way. In general, there is about to be much more parody in CFB over the next ten years versus what we had to witness in these past ten.

My apologies for contributing to any derailment. Back to Jordan Addison. Would love to get him. Obviously. Would be one of the most impactful transfers we have ever poached.
What it's going to do is level out college football. That won't happen for every school. There's going to be a pack that separates itself from everyone else. Those are the schools that have a legit chance to get to the CFP and win a national championship.

What that means is that Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, and Ohio State will have less top talent because their hoarding of top high school talent will be spread out to UM, USC, TamU, Texas, ND, LSU, and OK. These 2nd teir schools will get their share of 5 stars moving them into the top teir that should level the playing field in 3-4 years where 10 teams will have a legit shot at making the CFP. For this reason on its own, the CFP should be expanded to 8 teams since there will be more parity at the top.

Ironically, NIL is going to be better for college football by creating more parity at the top.

Advertisement
I don’t understand why people think the current NIL structure needs regulation. Jordan Addison is the only real example of a legit proven talent leaving for money. But even there, the football reasons make just as much sense as the money.

We have yet to see all of this β€œbig money” effect major talent acquisition yet. Who is the best player to transfer for an NIL so far besides Addison?

I don’t understand why people think the current NIL structure needs regulation. Jordan Addison is the only real example of a legit proven talent leaving for money. But even there, the football reasons make just as much sense as the money.

We have yet to see all of this β€œbig money” effect major talent acquisition yet. Who is the best player to transfer for an NIL so far besides Addison?
Caleb Williams?

Ruiz also gave a deal to Gabe Taylor, who plays for Rice in Houston, TX. I don't know if it was to lay groundwork for a future transfer or taking care of Sean Taylor's family, but the argument about being local to fulfill obligations kind of goes out the door there. But maybe they can work his appearances around his travel schedule coming back home.

Advertisement
Ruiz also gave a deal to Gabe Taylor, who plays for Rice in Houston, TX. I don't know if it was to lay groundwork for a future transfer or taking care of Sean Taylor's family, but the argument about being local to fulfill obligations kind of goes out the door there. But maybe they can work his appearances around his travel schedule coming back home.
Your last sentence. His deal is lower and they will say the reasoning is due to lesser time in Miami, etc. He will do things when he comes home for breaks

Or that individual contract with unique circumstances had its own unique provisions. C'mon guys...

We're talking Rice here. Not exactly a threat.

Ur post history shows it’s jaded. Lol. Anyways…..lol

And u say we never were Bama in 15 yrs huh? Interesting.

What do the β€œfacts” show:
-Bama 2007 - 2022
9 Championship Games: 6 Titles

-Miami 1983 - 1997 (b/c it’s a different era I have to spell it out):
-β€˜83 Nat’l Champs
-β€˜85 #2 team entering Sugar Bowl vs. Tennessee. **We win, we are Nat’l Champs w/ PSU losing their bowl game**
-β€˜86 #1 vs. # 2 PSU for Nat’l Title
-β€˜87 Nat’l Champs
-β€˜88 We know the blown ref call (ended the season #2)
-β€˜89 Nat’l Champs
-β€˜90 (ended #3)
-β€˜91 Nat’l Champs
-β€˜92 played for Nat’l Title v. Bama
-β€˜94 #3 team vs. #1 Nebraska

I would say we had a pretty significant 15 yr run, and if there was a CFP, we would’ve been in the CFP 10x out of those 15 yrs. Again, u’re using recency prejudice to distort facts. We were Bama b4 Bama went on this run. And for the record, THAT’s why my ? wasn’t a hypothetical b/c we lived it. U seem to be the only one who can’t admit CFB is broken b/c we ain’t done chit.

Again, you’re not following. We had a successful period, actually more than one, but it wasn’t the same situation as bammer is currently in. Not even close. It’s the external environment that’s different.

The records only say one thing, it’s the rest of the environment that was different. I don’t know why you don’t get that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back