Jordan Addison to the portal

Advertisement
I think they’re going to have to start doing multi year NIL deals and scholarship contacts per say. If you’re a high school senior and want to attend our school you have to sign a binding NIL deal (physical appearances) for 3 years. The value of the deal can increase year to year based on team performance (division champs, conference etc) and individual performance (all conference, etc). Incentive based like a lot of NFL player contracts are structured.

They just have to do away with the 1 year mercenary deals while ensuring guys can maximize their earnings.
Ruiz said last night that increasing players NIL deals for their on field performance is illegal. It can't legally be done. Im assuming that's why he was so adamant about Wongs deal not being able to be increased and why that whole situation blew up in the agents face

Edit: Also said a deal cannot be tied to a school, that's illegal and heads down a path of pay to play. The way his deals are set up tho are that the individual under contract has to be available locally to fulfill his contractual duties. Basically saying...you have to be able to show up to work, your work is not relocating to you. Ruiz just happens to fortunately for us be located in the Miami area.

Dont know if you guys are aware but Ruiz also has NIL deals with kids from other local colleges.

Last edited:
@ESPN_Jordan

Keep your health history secure in one place.

LifeWallet is a new, easy to use, and COMPLETELY SAFE way to store and access your medical history when you need it the most or to share it with the providers you trust.

LifeWallet is powered by MSP Recovery, LLC and was developed to put patients - like YOU - at the center of the healthcare ecosystem by giving you access to their health information when they need it most and by connecting them seamlessly with providers and payers.

Join LifeWallet today, Jordan Addison. Sign up using the link LifeWallet dot come slash Robes to get 50% off your first order and join the LifeWallet family TODAY!

These numbers aren’t real but in the grand scheme of things are they really that outrageous? The dude could sit the year out and still be a first round pick. The 32nd pick signing bonus is over 5 million plus another 3-4 for the first year. We already see top guys sitting out to stay healthy, why not use that as leverage to get a NIl deal comparable to a rookie contract?
it's different because because one is a contract locking the guy up for four years. in this case it is a one year rental. if he gets injured in game one you get nothing from the player.

it's different because because one is a contract locking the guy up for four years. in this case it is a one year rental. if he gets injured in game one you get nothing from the player.
Either way you’re taking a chance, plenty of first round picks don’t even get a second contract or get injured. Anyways I’m not saying the money should be the same but I also don’t think it’s that crazy to be close for proven talent.

Advertisement
Would love to have this kid but jesus christ people are acting like this kid is a generational receiver. Not even close. I know he won the best receiver award, which is comical, because he wasn't even in the top 3 for best receivers in the country last year. Top 5, sure.

Almost 50 pages. I thought this guy is USC bound, why are there so many posts about him? Is there a legit chance he comes here? Or u man just aint got no life and its almost summer?

If true, that lends credence to my argument that in a decade we will have college teams with $100M payrolls. Great for the players, but only a few schools can play in that environment. It will be toxic politically and most schools will drop the sport within three decades.

I don't think the "have not's" would just drop a wildly profitable sport like football. I do however think that the mid and lower tier teams would form their own league with some sort of cap. At the end of the day there are only so many programs with boosters that can put out that kind $. There's realistically, what? Maybe 10 teams or so that would even consider that type of investment.

Advertisement
I like the idea but don't make it about buying out NIL. Remember that technically the schools are not involved in NIL, so a school can't buy out an NIL deal because they can't be involved in NIL payouts. That would be a salary and would make the athlete an employee.

@JeddTheFisch the fly in the ointment to the transfer idea is that in all those sports the players are employees of the teams so team A can pay team B.

Ruiz said last night that increasing players NIL deals for their on field performance is illegal. It can't legally be done. Im assuming that's why he was so adamant about Wongs deal not being able to be increased and why that whole situation blew up in the agents face

Edit: Also said a deal cannot be tied to a school, that's illegal and heads down a path of pay to play. The way his deals are set up tho are that the individual under contract has to be available locally to fulfill his contractual duties. Basically saying...you have to be able to show up to work, your work is not relocating to you. Ruiz just happens to fortunately for us be located in the Miami area.

Dont know if you guys are aware but Ruiz also has NIL deals with kids from other local colleges.

From Feb. 12

He must have beer flavored nipples.

1651672337329.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
After thinking about it, if these teams are willing to spend like that on 1 single player. Then why not just make some ridiculous offer to get Brian Hartline. Sure, OSU has bags, but that dude gets whoever he wants and develops them into 1st rounders. Give him that 3m a year and call it a day.

After thinking about it, if these teams are willing to spend like that on 1 single player. Then why not just make some ridiculous offer to get Brian Hartline. Sure, OSU has bags, but that dude gets whoever he wants and develops them into 1st rounders. Give him that 3m a year and call it a day.
Apparently OSU is Hartlines dream job. Thought I saw someone mention he'd only take a HC gig if it was at OSU.

Advertisement
Back