Jordan Addison to the portal

I think they’re going to have to start doing multi year NIL deals and scholarship contacts per say. If you’re a high school senior and want to attend our school you have to sign a binding NIL deal (physical appearances) for 3 years. The value of the deal can increase year to year based on team performance (division champs, conference etc) and individual performance (all conference, etc). Incentive based like a lot of NFL player contracts are structured.

They just have to do away with the 1 year mercenary deals while ensuring guys can maximize their earnings.

I think u’re on to something.

Advertisement
I think they’re going to have to start doing multi year NIL deals and scholarship contacts per say. If you’re a high school senior and want to attend our school you have to sign a binding NIL deal (physical appearances) for 3 years. The value of the deal can increase year to year based on team performance (division champs, conference etc) and individual performance (all conference, etc). Incentive based like a lot of NFL player contracts are structured.

They just have to do away with the 1 year mercenary deals while ensuring guys can maximize their earnings.
The best players will be able to command one year deals. Then Baga will pay the 100m transfer fee.

A transfer fee would be an interesting tool. School that the player is transferring to has to buyout the NIL deal if a player elects to transfer.

Similar to a coach buyout
I like the idea but don't make it about buying out NIL. Remember that technically the schools are not involved in NIL, so a school can't buy out an NIL deal because they can't be involved in NIL payouts. That would be a salary and would make the athlete an employee.

@JeddTheFisch the fly in the ointment to the transfer idea is that in all those sports the players are employees of the teams so team A can pay team B.

Advertisement
@SWFLHurricane “you just went up a notch in my book. That puts you at notch 1.”

**** I really hate Google and those alike because if there was no search engine that would populate any answer to almost any question from just a few clickity clacks hammering away on the keyboard I would have wagered almost anything by asking if you knew who says that line and from what movie. It’s a pretty underrated movie but has a few one liner gems in it. **** it lets do the honor system. Anyone can play. Type what you think. Then look it up and type what it actually was. Anyone that actually knew gets to keep your pimpin pass and if you didn’t know then get you some ho’s….pimp em out….and get that money…..tell ‘em “***** better have my money!!!!” (last part trivia for another time)

Advertisement
I'll join the party with my next crop that's almost ready. Gorilla Glue #4

IMG_6229.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back