Jordan Addison to the portal

Advertisement
I think they’re going to have to start doing multi year NIL deals and scholarship contacts per say. If you’re a high school senior and want to attend our school you have to sign a binding NIL deal (physical appearances) for 3 years. The value of the deal can increase year to year based on team performance (division champs, conference etc) and individual performance (all conference, etc). Incentive based like a lot of NFL player contracts are structured.

They just have to do away with the 1 year mercenary deals while ensuring guys can maximize their earnings.
Agree completely but I will bring up an issue.
Courts do not like to enforce personal service contracts with specific performance. For example, if a singer does not appear at a show, the singer will have to return the money for the show but the court will not make the singer perform.

So using your example, player A signs a 3 year NIL deal to play at school X for 1.5 million, with payouts of 400k, 500k and 600k in successive years. After year 2 of the contract, school Y and player A reach a deal for 800k for 1 year NIL deal. In that very likely scenario, player A will jump to school Y for his final year.

Overall I think your idea is very good. But it is unenforceable because the player is not signing a contract with a specific school. If he was then college sports could be like pro sports and each school would have to honor each other's contracts. But because these are NIL deals, even if a business pulls out of a deal because player A has transferred, another business can always move in whether at school X or Y.

This all could have been done away with years ago if schools had agreed to pay players so that there could be contracts, and a salary cap and a lot of other things that level the playing field in pro sports.

Advertisement
Advertisement
- No time wasting. I restated what happened in three sentences and summed up your responses in one
- At no point did I deny your accusation, instead restated what happened (the opposite of deflecting), and I'll admit I discredited you (or maybe you're doing that yourself)
- There's no narrative, we are talking about a handful of posts from this morning. The only false narrative is what you're accusing me of, which frankly I find petty and offensive.
It’s not your first time, it’s a pattern with U and we see you and the other cowards in the cut, all of which have the very same pattern of minimizing and trivializing racism as well. Keep hollering and splaining until U turn red in the face…wasting time.

It’s not your first time, it’s a pattern with U and we see you and the other cowards in the cut, all of which have the very same pattern of minimizing and trivializing racism as well. Keep hollering and splaining until U turn red in the face.
Unfounded deflection.

Advertisement
adison.PNG

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back