Jordan Addison to the portal

Advertisement
It’s not a hypothetical; it’s a legit question since we actually lived through it.

As I read it I understood it to be a hypothetical. Unless I misunderstood the question. You were asking if we were in the same position as Alabama but we’ve never been in that position, the way I see it.

As I read it I understood it to be a hypothetical. Unless I misunderstood the question. You were asking if we were in the same position as Alabama but we’ve never been in that position, the way I see it.

OK, let me redirect;

Did u think CFB was ruined from 1983-1994?

OK, let me redirect;

Did u think CFB was ruined from 1983-1994?

That was a completely different era. Compare teams that were in contention then for that time period. They change significantly year to year and every year was not dominated by one league and one team, with an additional couple of others from the same league making appearances.

Not sure if this has been mentioned or suggested, but is it possible that his deal does not end when he goes to the NFL? It could be beneficial to both parties if his NIL deal extended one year into his professional career. It would allow the sponsor/booster/agent to increase his return on investment. It would allow Addison to get paid for expected future earnings. It makes a ridiculous $3 million number seem less insane if it was for 3 years regardless of whether the player is in college or the NFL. I don’t see why this would be unlawful. It could benefit both parties. The only concern would be if the contract locked a player in for the majority of his professional career.

Advertisement
That was a completely different era. Compare teams that were in contention then for that time period. They change significantly year to year and every year was not dominated by one league and one team, with an additional couple of others from the same league making appearances.

Miami literally was either playing for a Nat’l title, winning the Nat’l, or in discussion for the Nat’l every yr from 1983-1994 sans 1984. Come on bro, just keep it 100 instead of trying to be technical. I get it; no one wants to admit CFB is flawed b/c their team is on the losing end. U just sound like a hater, at that point.

We were called cheaters b/c we dominated in our era. Ppl hated ND during their era. I’m sure some Ivy League schools hated Yale or Princeton during their time or the Mid-Western schools hated Michigan or Minnesota during their time.

The only difference today vs. yesterday is the “perception” the CFP has caused, which I knew would happen b/c it’s now CFP or bust. In reality, yesteryear was “subjective” who would vie for the Nat’l title via polls or a computer, but it’s always been about the top 4-5 teams no matter the era or voting system. ****, we won our 1st National Title being the #5 team b/c we beat #1 Nebraska, while #4 Illinois & #2 Texas lost, allowing us to leapfrog #3 Auburn.

Last edited:
Mad Looney Tunes GIF by MOODMAN

“Lose its impact?” I always find that hilarious when people say that. It’s not losing any impact. That’s silly and Dabo isn’t a victim. How is a coach who runs a team that is known to drop bags concerned about losing his team? He didn’t care about the landscape when he was using external factors to recruit them to Clemson. That’s a sorry excuse. Kids are finding legitimate ways on getting paid, why should it matter? Come up with a better plan yo keep them there.
Apologies, any reply to this gets political, so I'll stop the conversation there.

Advertisement
I've made this argument many many times over the years.

LLCs - no bueno.

S-corps - far superior.

Pay yourself a reasonable salary from an S-corp, then your K-1 earnings and your distributions are NOT subject to SE tax.

Little-known pro tip.

We're saying similar things.... but an llc taxed as a s-corp (the llc makes an s-corp election for tax purposes) is, I believe, superior to an actual s-corp. Paperwork and rules of an llc are much easier.

Again, PLEASE educate me on any misstatements on my part to help me learn something new!

Ok, so far from this thread I've got:
1) S-corp instead of LLC
2) Even if you live in California, spend 6 months + 1 day in Florida
3) Dwarf **** > nun ****
4) Congress is drooling over NIL, but can't touch it
5) Some kind of labor law tampering contract marketing WWE Bus NCAA onion ****
BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ADDISON EVEN ENTERED THE PORTAL????

Apologies, any reply to this gets political, so I'll stop the conversation there.
Actually, from his own reply, nothing that he said screams any racism whatsoever. So you are absolutely correct, when folks throw the term out there with no merit at all, it does in fact lost it’s impact.
I do agree however though that any further replies will turn political, so I’m out!

Advertisement
Actually, from his own reply, nothing that he said screams any racism whatsoever. So you are absolutely correct, when folks throw the term out there with no merit at all, it does in fact lost it’s impact.
I do agree however though that any further replies will turn political, so I’m out!
This type of word salad 🥗, attempts to minimize and trivialize racism is old and everyone sees right thru it. The truth is that racism never has merit or impact, or is even relevant to people who say the true phrases designed to make it lose its impact like “reverse racism”, “race baiting” and “the term loses its impact when…”. Experts on what’s not racism, but never ever acknowledge what is. It’s not political in this context, it’s moral. That’s (“its getting political”) another cop out. It doesn’t tell people your politics more than it’s shows your moral compass.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This type of word salad 🥗, attempts to minimize and trivialize racism is old and everyone sees right thru it. The truth is that racism never has merit or impact, or is even relevant to people who say the true phrases designed to make it lose its impact like “reverse racism”, “race baiting” and “the term loses its impact when…”. Experts on what’s not racism, but never ever acknowledge what is. It’s not political in this context, it’s moral. That’s (“its getting political”) another cop out. It doesn’t tell people your politics more than it’s shows your moral compass.
Not commenting on the topic. Just the irony of calling out a “word salad” in the first line of this post

Miami literally was either playing for a Nat’l title, winning the Nat’l, or in discussion for the Nat’l every yr from 1983-1994 sans 1984. Come on bro, just keep it 100 instead of trying to be technical. I get it; no one wants to admit CFB is flawed b/c their team is on the losing end. U just sound like a hater, at that point.

We were called cheaters b/c we dominated in our era. Ppl hated ND during their era. I’m sure some Ivy League schools hated Yale or Princeton during their time or the Mid-Western schools hated Michigan or Minnesota during their time.

The only difference today vs. yesterday is the “perception” the CFP has caused, which I knew would happen b/c it’s now CFP or bust. In reality, yesteryear was “subjective” who would vie for the Nat’l title via polls or a computer, but it’s always been about the top 4-5 teams no matter the era or voting system. ****, we won our 1st National Title being the #5 team b/c we beat #1 Nebraska, while #4 Illinois & #2 Texas lost, allowing us to leapfrog #3 Auburn.

I still say it’s different. There were several other teams every year that were in the mix. It wasn’t just Alabama/SEC type deal.

Our run was singularly unique and can’t be compared to any other time or era. We weren’t getting extra help.

You just can’t compare them.

If you think the only difference between today and then is “perception“ - I just don’t agree with that at all.

There were numerous and substantial differences not just in the teams involved, but in the environment. That’s keeping it 100.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back