Jordan Addison to the portal

He talking bout its racist. Its the white coaches in the main, not all, that have been vehemently against it. Because anything that makes them lose control they are against it. They asked Dabo how can he be making that much money but be against it for the players, the clown said free markets. Free markets for him, slave labor for the players. The clown also said the baggage collectors are really import as the pilots in the airport, in relation to the players and the coaches. These man are saying and showing exactly who they are. Look what Tuberville has become and the stuff he says. This was the man with 70, 80% of the players he coached any year be black players. I don't believe any of them have any good will to the players of a certain shade other than to make them get their big raises and mansions. Plain has day
It's not racism - when people throw that term around so easily it loses its impact.

Dabo is concerned that he's going to lose control of his team - namely that he's going to have to continue to recruit the players ON his roster, along with recruiting High School players. He doesn't want any of that.

No longer do you own a player once they sign that LOI and switch them to the position you want them to play. You have to keep them sweet. That's a 180 from how Dabo / Saban run their programmes - they're dictators.

Advertisement
I wonder about that. Is it a one size fits all proposition - that you would be micro targeting a segment of the population (all college students in this scenario) and limiting their wage earning? Because otherwise I've never read that a maximum wage law is unconstitutional - it’s just never been seriously pursued.
What would be the state's compelling interest in limiting the income of college students?

Ok, so far from this thread I've got:
1) S-corp instead of LLC
2) Even if you live in California, spend 6 months + 1 day in Florida
3) Dwarf **** > nun ****
4) Congress is drooling over NIL, but can't touch it
5) Some kind of labor law tampering contract marketing WWE Bus NCAA onion ****
BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ADDISON EVEN ENTERED THE PORTAL????
Joe Biden Reaction GIF by Election 2020

𝑂𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒 𝑈𝑆𝐶 & 𝑀𝑖𝑎𝑚𝑖 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑙𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑓𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑠𝑓𝑒𝑟 𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑎𝑙 𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑏𝑒 𝑡𝑤𝑜 𝑗𝑢𝑔𝑔𝑒𝑟𝑛𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑠 𝑠𝑜𝑜𝑛 𝑜𝑛 𝑒𝑎𝑐ℎ 𝑐𝑜𝑎𝑠𝑡

Advertisement
Could the NCAA not also rule tampered-with players ineligible?
Possilby but historically when the player has not gained something tangible like money, the NCAA has penalized the school and taken away the school’s ability to recruit that player.
An old example is when U of Michigan basketball was caught taking some recruits to see Ed Martin during a recruiting trip. Ed Martin was THE booster to see for U of M basketball in the 90’s. On the way back form seeing Martin, the players and recruits were in a car accident in a car that was “leased” to a player’s aunt. This ultimately resulted in a big investigation and Michigan being placed on probation in the 90’s.
But the part that hurt Michigan the most was that it could not offer scholarships to the recruits in the car. In turn, they went to MSU and won a national championship.

Possilby but historically when the player has not gained something tangible like money, the NCAA has penalized the school and taken away the school’s ability to recruit that player.
An old example is when U of Michigan basketball was caught taking some recruits to see Ed Martin during a recruiting trip. Ed Martin was THE booster to see for U of M basketball in the 90’s. On the way back form seeing Martin, the players and recruits were in a car accident in a car that was “leased” to a player’s aunt. This ultimately resulted in a big investigation and Michigan being placed on probation in the 90’s.
But the part that hurt Michigan the most was that it could not offer scholarships to the recruits in the car. In turn, they went to MSU and won a national championship.
Interesting story. Thanks.

And, the NCAA has proved it won't police it's members.

1651538093402.png

It's not racism - when people throw that term around so easily it loses its impact.

Dabo is concerned that he's going to lose control of his team - namely that he's going to have to continue to recruit the players ON his roster, along with recruiting High School players. He doesn't want any of that.

No longer do you own a player once they sign that LOI and switch them to the position you want them to play. You have to keep them sweet. That's a 180 from how Dabo / Saban run their programmes - they're dictators.

“Lose its impact?” I always find that hilarious when people say that. It’s not losing any impact. That’s silly and Dabo isn’t a victim. How is a coach who runs a team that is known to drop bags concerned about losing his team? He didn’t care about the landscape when he was using external factors to recruit them to Clemson. That’s a sorry excuse. Kids are finding legitimate ways on getting paid, why should it matter? Come up with a better plan yo keep them there.

Advertisement
This assumes everyone is going to play fair, which, the SEC has proven the last 10 years, they wont. You give other teams that haven't won in ages a leg up, and then they start cheating and you get the Astros 🤝
We are just speaking hypotheticals. In a vacuum, on a level playing field, winning feels like more of an accomplishment when you know youve beaten your opponent straight up...whether in sports, business, whatever. But thats just me. What you are talking about is a whole other rabbit hole to go down. I dont assume anyone is going to play fair in college football. Least of all the SEC teams. We arent squeaky clean either though. They just do it more, better and all while the NCAA police looks the other way.

Dont even get me started on the Astros. I was calling that out as it was happening in the 2017 series with the Yankees.

It’s a hypothetical, it hasn’t happened. So I don’t even know how to answer the question.

And guess what, we’re not ever going to have the type of advantage that Alabama has had as well as a couple of other SEC schools had in the past.

It’s not a hypothetical; it’s a legit question since we actually lived through it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We are just speaking hypotheticals. In a vacuum, on a level playing field, winning feels like more of an accomplishment when you know youve beaten your opponent straight up...whether in sports, business, whatever. But thats just me. What you are talking about is a whole other rabbit hole to go down. I dont assume anyone is going to play fair in college football. Least of all the SEC teams. We arent squeaky clean either though. They just do it more, better and all while the NCAA police looks the other way.

Dont even get me started on the Astros. I was calling that out as it was happening in the 2017 series with the Yankees.
Youre not wrong, I just dont feel like "straight up" exists anymore. Now that NCAAF is a multi-billion dollar establishment, everyone is going to do everything within their means to win. While the NIL may limit the smaller schools, its also made it so the SEC teams aren't the "only" bag option.

Oh and trust I feel the pain, born and raised NYer

Advertisement
Back