Jordan Addison to the portal

I know our record against them. I’m only speaking for their overall record.

And at this moment I see Pitt, Miami, and UNC (if Drake Maye is for real) as the big 3 competing for the coastal.

Miami fans assuming we blow past every coastal opponent is dangerous. We been to the ACCCG one time fam.

I’m going to adjust my expectations for Mario.

After the portal additions I don’t think we are a 8-4 club.

9-3 seems about right and I swear I hope this team surprises all of us and splits TAMU/CLEM.

But when we set ourselves up for disappointment…………when we all know we have roster issues. We brought some dudes in and I want to see how they piece these guys together before I get all 15-0!

And yes fuccccc Pitt and Narduzzi.
If u can think those teams are gonna be good with major upheaval at their QB spot, why should we not feel the same with ours returning and almost guaranteed better coaching staff? The logistics doesnt add up. Man are default gonna be pessimistic on their own team while high on other teams. If we were breaking in a new QB like Pitt would u put us at double digit wins?

Advertisement
I don't believe the Pitt hype.

Everyone and their momma was saying similar things about UNC last year. Their schedule is weak blah, blah.
They found a way to lose a bunch of games and were over-hyped as a top 10 team by most preseason "experts".

Pitt is in the same Coastal hype ilk. They will probably find ways to lose games on their schedule that you think they should win.

It depends. Under the old system It costs him at most $300K to get a top rated HS recruit. His total recruiting spend was probably no more than $12M under the old rules.

Thats changed.

Tenn just raised the price to $6M for a HS QB.

Let’s say Saban wanted to poach a Vince Young entering his third year today, or a Trevor Lawrence. Rather than $6M, it might take $12M or more to get the college QB to jump. Then add in lesser amounts for other positions. So in the end to field a team of college all stars rather than high school all stars, Saban could end up having to spend $60M to $70M per year. Maybe Alabama is up for that, maybe not. I doubt it personally.
But Tenn isn’t giving $6m/yr. It’s like $2m/yr - $6m total. There is zero chance that yearly any team is spending $70m imo. A&M was just said to be around $30M and they got like six 5star DLineman… doesn’t get much better than that.

I don't believe the Pitt hype.

Everyone and their momma was saying similar things about UNC last year. Their schedule is weak blah, blah.
They found a way to lose a bunch of games and were over-hyped as a top 10 team by most preseason "experts".

Pitt is in the same Coastal hype ilk. They will probably find ways to lose games on their schedule that you think they should win.
Everyone with realistic expectations knew UNC had glaring deficiencies on the defensive side of the ball, and that it would have to rely on the offense until it found its footing. Since the very first game against VT, everything was affected by the horrendous o-line play. That unit was heralded as one of if not the best in the ACC heading into the 2021 season…and for whatever reason, they were A$$. As we’re well aware of, hard to have any success when you can’t block.

Pitt deserves some respect, but as stated by others…we should be a favorite against them. Especially without Addison…they don’t scare me at all. Not with Slovis…let’s see what Cignetti can do with him.

Last edited:
Yes, respect is one thing but saying they will be successful because they have an easy schedule is meaningless to me. Every single year Coastal teams find ways to shoot themselves in the foot with a bunch of unexpected losses no matter how easy their schedule looks on paper.

Advertisement
Bruh
11068632.jpeg

Pitt has better coaching than unc..and better eye for evaluating talent honestly
If Oitt can get production at qb they will be a tough out..they have a run game, and had this addison kid..now they have replaced him with a solid kid out of la tech so we can see. But they will forever be solid in both lines. They evaluate really well on both.

Dont think he did whiff. They had early entry to the draft..for some reason ppl always forget that it similar to us at De. We forever have a De leave early and it eventually effects the depth
His best WR was the transfer from Ohio State. Perhaps his recruits will step up. In the past there was the next 5*s. Of course, that can’t be maintained forever.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I will say what I basically said before.

If it keeps kids in college longer then I do not care if they are making more than NFL second round picks.
To me it will make the College game better (the sport I love more anyway) by keeping better players around for longer periods of time.

So many people around here defend our players for making bonehead decisions declaring for the draft by saying things like "He has a baby, a family to take care of."

Well now players have a way of making money in college and people are still complaining????

And absolutely nothing is keeping those 2nd round NFL picks from going around the city where they were drafted in and saying look , I can do commercials for your local business.
\
This is a Free and Open market.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Aluminum Hat Question

How much of postering out here is just to drive up the price on players with no intent of actually following through?

Like all the postering Ruiz is doing, maybe he’s just doing it to get USC to waste money?

I will say what I basically said before.

If it keeps kids in college longer then I do not care if they are making more than NFL second round picks.
To me it will make the College game better (the sport I love more anyway) by keeping better players around for longer periods of time.

So many people around here defend our players making bonehead decisions declaring for the draft by saying things like "He has a baby, a family to take care of."

Well now players have a way of making money in college and people are complaining????

And absolutely nothing is keeping those 2nd round NFL picks from going around the city where they were drafted in and saying look , I can do commercials for your local business.
\
This is a Free and Open market.
Don't think anybody cares if these players get paid. They can make 10 million and I doubt ppl have an issue with it.

The issue, and for the sport is, when only a select few schools (SEC and a few others) can just buy and poach players at will.

NIL is not bad.

Transfer portal is not bad.

NIL AND Transfer portal is bad, for the sport.

Advertisement
Back