Jordan Addison to the portal

Pitt was a dark-horse playoff contender, according to some CFB pundits, based on the personnel returning on both sides of the ball. Sure, Pickett and Whipple are gone, but it’s not like they were prepared to take a step back this year.

F4BF13A1-31E8-4AD6-BC44-F799EAC768B4.gif

Advertisement
Pitt was a dark-horse playoff contender, according to some CFB pundits, based on the personnel returning on both sides of the ball. Sure, Pickett and Whipple are gone, but it’s not like they were prepared to take a step back this year.
bruh have you ever watched slovis throw a football

Advertisement
Lol at asking Addison to be loyal to Pitt when his QB and OC left, and millions (allegedly) are waiting for him elsewhere.

I don't necessarily hate on Addison for bolting to another program. But this entire thing is Bush league, reeks of soFla Optimist football tampering nonsense. Coaches should be held responsible.

I don't necessarily hate on Addison for bolting to another program. But this entire thing is Bush league, reeks of soFla Optimist football tampering nonsense. Coaches should be held responsible.
How is it different than Mesidor or Porter Jr? It’s how it is now. What I do have a problem with is grabbing an EE that just signed.

We just saw Pitt defeat Clemson in the regular season and then went on to win the ACC Championship.

They found a way to do that with alleged bags and alleged Clemson wrongdoings, they can certainly find a way to do it when things are over the table in this new world of NIL.
A key piece of the puzzle is having a first round QB.
Who btw was a 3-star, on an average team in an average conference, coming out of HS.

Advertisement
I'm sure it already has and he likes what he's hearing/seeing.

Entering the portal will only drive up the bids (including even if he decides to stay at Pitt).

But I just can't see him making more than $1mil/year. I guess one reason you can justify it is he's the reigning Belitnikoff winner and it's not like those players become available often.
Again, the timing is such that wherever he does end up - the wide receiver whose spot he will be taking has no recourse. He’s now stuck on the bench for the season.

No doubt, dead on.

He's still on that team and is hearing whatever he's hearing from wherever.

There's no doubt this is tampering. I don't know that anyone can do anything about it, but IMHO your name needs to be in the portal before you hear anything from anywhere.

Again, the timing is such that wherever he does end up - the wide receiver whose spot he will be taking has no recourse. He’s now stuck on the bench for the season.
Well tough ****. Life ain’t perfect. Iron sharpens iron. Use it to make you better, tougher. Quit running from competition. Competition built this program.

Advertisement
So many of you cats sleeping big time on 2022 Pitt.

I thought they’d win about 10 games plus or minus 1 easily with him.

I think no Addison drops them to a 8 or 9 win club.

The DL is elite. They have 5 All-ACC Olineman returning, LBs. You couldn’t make up a better situation for Slovis. They were probably trending for 10-11ws.

Same people who thought they would be trash last season for them to go on and win 11 games.

Orange and green glasses though

Advertisement
I know Addison is the prize. My hope is that his jumping in shakes loose other dudes, creating options.

We have a drastic need for a #1 WR and this dude is quite literally the very best WR in the country.

You give the dude whatever he wants. Don’t give me the “we shouldn’t drop 1 mil+ on receiver.” ****

There isnt a salary cap you donuts. We have the money and this is the missing piece to a ACC championship team. You give him whatever tf he wants.
If we don’t get him I don’t believe it will be because we didn’t make a strong financial offer.

Advertisement
Back