Jordan Addison to the portal

Advertisement
So if Addison does the surprise signing…this gives USC’s displaced wide receiver(s) no time to explore their options. It’s an interesting strategy to prevent any attrition of your own. Have the player enter the portal on the final day at 11:58PM, and sign with the new team at 11:59. No notice, no warning. Players on the new team are stuck - they can’t leave and play the same season.

So if Addison does the surprise signing…this gives USC’s displaced wide receiver(s) no time to explore their options. It’s an interesting strategy to prevent any attrition of your own. Have the player enter the portal on the final day at 11:58PM, and sign with the new team at 11:59. No notice, no warning. Players on the new team are stuck - they can’t leave and play the same season.
I don’t think they have to sign immediately just enter but yeah, it’s a pretty smart strategy if that’s your worry.

I wouldn't be surprised if the ncaa granted those WRs a waiver, especially in light of the tampering allegations. Can make a reasonable argument Riley duped them by keeping Addison a secret, in order to run out the clock and force them to stay with USC. Ncaa might not be able to prove tampering but they can still find a way to stick it to Riley since everyone knows USC just broke the NIL rules and discussed a deal with Addison before he entered the portal.

Advertisement
Advertisement
One fact I missed in watching the drama of the WR transfer unfolding is that Pitt's NEW starting QB ... is a transfer from USC Kedon Slovis.

Let the bag game begin officially
I'm sure it already has and he likes what he's hearing/seeing.

Entering the portal will only drive up the bids (including even if he decides to stay at Pitt).

But I just can't see him making more than $1mil/year. I guess one reason you can justify it is he's the reigning Belitnikoff winner and it's not like those players become available often.

Advertisement
Someone mentioned that he lost Pickett and I think they said the OC changed as well and Riley is at USC with Caleb Williams. It makes sense. He sees a more secure situation at USC.

Yup Whipple left for Nebraska. The new OC was the OC at Boston College the past 2 years so I get Addisons concern

We have a drastic need for a #1 WR and this dude is quite literally the very best WR in the country.

You give the dude whatever he wants. Don’t give me the “we shouldn’t drop 1 mil+ on receiver.” ****

There isnt a salary cap you donuts. We have the money and this is the missing piece to a ACC championship team. You give him whatever tf he wants.

Advertisement
Lol at asking Addison to be loyal to Pitt when his QB and OC left, and millions (allegedly) are waiting for him elsewhere.
Pitt was a dark-horse playoff contender, according to some CFB pundits, based on the personnel they have returning on both sides of the ball. Sure, Pickett and Whipple are gone, but it’s not like they were prepared to take a step back this year.

Last edited:
Pitt was a dark-horse playoff contender, according to some CFB pundits, based on the personnel returning on both sides of the ball. Sure, Pickett and Whipple are gone, but it’s not like they were prepared to take a step back this year.
Will Smith Smh GIF by The Academy Awards

Advertisement
Back