Jordan Addison to the portal

Advertisement
Disagree. He could’ve left before spring ball but he gave them a shot.

I don’t blame him. OC is gone and first round QB gone as well.

Why would you take the risk of going with the unknown and your production drops? It’s all about putting yourself in the best position.

What are the fans and team going to say when he posts poor numbers and drops a little in the draft?

Likes on Twitter isn’t going to make up the millions of dollars he lost for sticking it out.

Business decisions.

I see your point.

Check out the 3rd pick in the NFL Draft this year. He was nothing but injured after his fantastic freshman season.

The NFL doesn't forget who the elite talents are and like you, know the QB left and unlike me, the OC as well.

I gotta be real here, but man this would suck if you're a Pitt coach or fan. They literally haven't done a thing wrong and the guy will be the top receiver taken when he comes out. He doesn't need to go anywhere to get playing time, exposure, or anything, it's just money. Sure, Riley and company will use him well while Pitt is replacing their QB. Still, everyone knows what kind of baller he is.

Luckily we're in the buy the best team you can top 25, but it's not pretty. I'll see how it all plays out, but I've always been against bags at bag schools, now we're one of them and players picking school based on bills? I can't believe it's taken this long for someone to say a school tampered with a player. Well no ****, it's already happened, here, and elsewhere.

This is starting to look like the NFL. College football used to be more fun, players stayed with teams and developed, etc. **** time if you aren't a bag / NIL school.
He only has one season left and I can guarantee you Pitt is taking care of him. Not to the level of usc but he’s good. I think in situations like this it’s kinda risky for a one year bag.

I know of kids who looked around and could’ve made a big bag for one year and ended up staying put, just this week lol. Their thinking “I can stay here , make a smaller bag but know the offense I’m in, I’ll get tons of targets and I’ll be successful here, I’ve done it 2-3 years”. It’s a safer play and I get it. Rather than basing it all off of short term . When the ultimate goal is the nfl and you’re already on your way.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Life is about adapting and in the USA especially it is about creativity and innovations.

Middle of the road teams like the Pitts of the world may suffer initially but they will have to find a way to keep up with the big boys.

I think it may take some time but they will find ways to do it.
I don't think they can, it's just not realistic unfortunately. College football is dying imo. Sure Miami is benefiting which is great but overall the spirit of the sport has been destroyed.

Kiss of death - Tejada

Wonder where on the color chart Addison is going to end up.
It says he's a contributor here.....what does he contribute? I'm not even trying to be a **** but does he post? Is this the guy who liked all the player posts of recruits committing to Florida/Bama?

He only has one season left and I can guarantee you Pitt is taking care of him. Not to the level of usc but he’s good. I think in situations like this it’s kinda risky for a one year bag.

I know of kids who looked around and could’ve made a big bag for one year and ended up staying put, just this week lol. Their thinking “I can stay here , make a smaller bag but know the offense I’m in, I’ll get tons of targets and I’ll be successful here, I’ve done it 2-3 years”. It’s a safer play and I get it. Rather than basing it all off short term greed. When the intimate goal is the nfl and you’re already in your way.
I think the only difference with this one is that it’s a new QB and new offensive coordinator.

Probably figured since that is the case and maybe he didn’t like how things looked in Spring ball, to go to a program with a proven QB and offensive coordinator/coach. Just my immediate thought without really looking into the situation.

Advertisement
It’s apparent to anyone that saw them play last year. Williams struggles through his reads. He is not as accurate as TVD, or as comfortable in the pocket.

Where Williams shines the most is in his ability to make something out of nothing. He can make some amazing plays at times, and is a deadly runner in the open field.

But when talking about who the better passer is, I will reiterate that it’s not even close. Both guys are ultra competitive, so that’s a wash.
I had a multi-page argument with some clowns in here last year that slobbered all over Williams' ****. Kid plays playground QB.

Last edited:

I know of kids who looked around and could’ve made a big bag for one year and ended up staying put, just this week lol. Their thinking “I can stay here , make a smaller bag but know the offense I’m in, I’ll get tons of targets and I’ll be successful here, I’ve done it 2-3 years”. It’s a safer play and I get it. Rather than basing it all off short term greed. When the intimate goal is the nfl and you’re already in your way.

This situation might be a little different in that he’s got new OCs and QBs.

He might have seen the new offense, new QBs this spring and thought, “this is going to cost me a lot of money.”

I don't think they can, it's just not realistic unfortunately. College football is dying imo. Sure Miami is benefiting which is great but overall the spirit of the sport has been destroyed.
We just saw Pitt defeat Clemson in the regular season and then went on to win the ACC Championship.

They found a way to do that with alleged bags and alleged Clemson wrongdoings, they can certainly find a way to do it when things are over the table in this new world of NIL.

Advertisement
You’re spot on. This is why I now endorse playoff expansion, after hating the idea for years.

That might be the only way you can — maybe — keep some fan bases invested. Just making the playoff would be akin to winning a championship for a school like Boston College, for example.

100% agree. Needs to go to 8 teams even if first rd is blow outs or give top 2 seeds byes

ezgif-2-9d65959cb0.gif

Advertisement
I gotta be real here, but man this would suck if you're a Pitt coach or fan. They literally haven't done a thing wrong and the guy will be the top receiver taken when he comes out. He doesn't need to go anywhere to get playing time, exposure, or anything, it's just money. Sure, Riley and company will use him well while Pitt is replacing their QB. Still, everyone knows what kind of baller he is.

Luckily we're in the buy the best team you can top 25, but it's not pretty. I'll see how it all plays out, but I've always been against bags at bag schools, now we're one of them and players picking school based on bills? I can't believe it's taken this long for someone to say a school tampered with a player. Well no ****, it's already happened, here, and elsewhere.

This is starting to look like the NFL. College football used to be more fun, players stayed with teams and developed, etc. **** time if you aren't a bag / NIL school.
Every school not in the Bag 25 risks becoming a CFB version of the Oakland As, Pittsburgh Pirates, and Miami Marlins. Developers of talent who cannot afford to retain their free agents.

I know of kids who looked around and could’ve made a big bag for one year and ended up staying put, just this week lol. Their thinking “I can stay here , make a smaller bag but know the offense I’m in, I’ll get tons of targets and I’ll be successful here, I’ve done it 2-3 years”. It’s a safer play and I get it. Rather than basing it all off of short term . When the ultimate goal is the nfl and you’re already in your way.
That and what’s the price for leaving the brotherhood you’ve developed? These kids love their teammates that they’ve gone to war with and they will look back at these times in college as some of the most memorable in their lives. That has a value to these kids too

Advertisement
Back