Jordan Addison to the portal

Advertisement
Wow. Win for us that's he leaving the Coastal and Pitt.

Secondly, if there was ever a WR to shell out the $1 million dollar Life Wallet deal this is it. Mario publicly stated he wanted a WR, well here you go.

Sounds like USC orchestrated this but you never know and money talks.
It’s a win win situation.

Advertisement
This man killed NCAA video games for the past 10 years, but his work was worth it.

Just watched a segment on how the NIL was helped ushered in:

Isn't it fishy that the straw that popped the camels back was the "scandal" at the University of Arizona where they arrested 4 minority coaches? Like, did the FBI just turn a cheek for the SEC football for the past 30 years? I'm a Polk County swamp donkey but I know where progress needs to be made when I see it.

Agreed. It’s a love hate thing for sure. I agree it needs some structure. I’m all about players getting paid for actually advertising and marketing etc… but we are seeing is 100% pay for play. CFB is over just need to accept it. This will become minor league football.

The top 25 teams will continue to move to mega conferences and probably branch off the NCAA and have their own tournament/title etc… players have always been paid for play but this is nuts insane. All mid tier teams are 100% dead and have zero chance but that’s how it’s been the last 15 years anyways.

CFB will lose a lot of old school diehard fans as they see their team has zero chance to compete with the new transfer and NiL rules. It does suck for them to know their best players will constantly be poached. I hate to see it but I don’t know how this will ever be regulated. NCAA has zero power
You’re spot on. This is why I now endorse playoff expansion, after hating the idea for years.

That might be the only way you can — maybe — keep some fan bases invested. Just making the playoff would be akin to winning a championship for a school like Boston College, for example.

You’re spot on. This is why I endorse playoff expansion now. I used to hate the idea, but that is the only way you can — maybe — keep some fan bases invested. Just making the playoff would be like winning a championship for a school like Boston College, for example.
Here’s a question. Can a school like a Wyoming or Baylor get around this by offering a player a four year scholarship that acts as a deal binding him to the school? Or even moreso, can a school simply sign a four year deal with the player for the rights to their NIL? And in exchange, that deal acts as a binding contract that prevents them from transferring?

The NIL money issue is one thing, but the majority of colleges reverting to farm teams for the Top 15 schools will destroy interest in CFB and lead to enormous contraction. Politically a lot of schools will get around it by suddenly discovering CFB is a violent sport that they want no part of, and they will ditch it.

Advertisement
You know your school ain’t **** when you win the conference and then your best player leaves the year after. Eat **** Pitt

Advertisement
I gotta be real here, but man this would suck if you're a Pitt coach or fan. They literally haven't done a thing wrong and the guy will be the top receiver taken when he comes out. He doesn't need to go anywhere to get playing time, exposure, or anything, it's just money. Sure, Riley and company will use him well while Pitt is replacing their QB. Still, everyone knows what kind of baller he is.

Luckily we're in the buy the best team you can top 25, but it's not pretty. I'll see how it all plays out, but I've always been against bags at bag schools, now we're one of them and players picking school based on bills? I can't believe it's taken this long for someone to say a school tampered with a player. Well no ****, it's already happened, here, and elsewhere.

This is starting to look like the NFL. College football used to be more fun, players stayed with teams and developed, etc. **** time if you aren't a bag / NIL school.

I gotta be real here, but man this would suck if you're a Pitt coach or fan. They literally haven't done a thing wrong and the guy will be the top receiver taken when he comes out. He doesn't need to go anywhere to get playing time, exposure, or anything, it's just money. Sure, Riley and company will use him well while Pitt is replacing their QB. Still, everyone knows what kind of baller he is.

Luckily we're in the buy the best team you can top 25, but it's not pretty. I'll see how it all plays out, but I've always been against bags at bag schools, now we're one of them and players picking school based on bills? I can't believe it's taken this long for someone to say a school tampered with a player. Well no ****, it's already happened, here, and elsewhere.

This is starting to look like the NFL. College football used to be more fun, players stayed with teams and developed, etc. **** time if you aren't a bag / NIL school.
It’s worse than the NFL. Pro teams draft players and have contracts in place for 4-5 years of their time. Both sides can enter into good faith negotiations to extend them or the player can walk at the designated time with the opportunity for the drafting team to recoup some loss through draft picks

In this model, schools will spend money out of their budgets to recruit and sign talent, develop them and then have them walk without the same opportunities as the pro teams to keep their talent. Add in the uncertainty of scholarship numbers and it’s an absolute **** show. Every player can be a free agent at any time in their 3-5 years and can do it multiple times. Good luck with roster management

Advertisement
I may be in the minority here, but I was actually looking forward to the challenge of, potentially, having a top-15 team in the country in our very own division. The coastal — deservedly so — takes a lot of flack. This would have brought some national attention to our division and that season finale at home against Pitt could have been epic.

UVA should be competitive this year with that offense

Disagree. He could’ve left before spring ball but he gave them a shot.

I don’t blame him. OC is gone and first round QB gone as well.

Why would you take the risk of going with the unknown and your production drops? It’s all about putting yourself in the best position.

What are the fans and team going to say when he posts poor numbers and drops a little in the draft?

Likes on Twitter isn’t going to make up the millions of dollars he lost for sticking it out.

Business decisions.

Life is about adapting and in the USA especially it is about creativity and innovations.

Middle of the road teams like the Pitts of the world may suffer initially but they will have to find a way to keep up with the big boys.

I think it may take some time but they will find ways to do it.

Last edited:

What’s sucks is if he goes to USC they get the credit for him being a first rounder not Pitt.

My buddy also brought up an interesting point last night. He said he’s wondering if schools that tend to get poached more often will start putting clauses in the scholarship that if recruit transfers before certain point they would have to pay back the school.

I know service academies have something similar to this I believe

Advertisement
Back