Jordan Addison to the portal

Advertisement
I love the faux outrage from people who get paid to write articles and tweet about college athletics, as if they were blind to this all happening under the table for decades. Now that it's out in the open and LEGAL, they want to pretend to be shocked and dismayed at how it's ruining college football as we know it. Because the same 4-5 teams with a realistic chance at winning the Natty every year for the past decade plus hadn't already ruined the game.

I'm here for the chaos.

View attachment 184409
Yeah, it’s chaos, but unlike the pre portal bull**** it’s organized chaos. Open and delivering blows daily. Those that can prepare and defend and go on the offensive will survive. Pre portal everything thing was covert in the shadows( which all of cfb knew about) while the ncaa turned a blind eye to. Now teams that come to play take advantage of the snail pace response of the ncaa and capitalize. Canes came loaded for bear, now with Ruiz he came loaded for elephant, The Red Elephant.

Its open economic warfare now

View attachment 184411

My Lord,
33980D3D-2D5F-4D1D-BF68-790CEBDEE127.jpeg

Advertisement
College football getting weird.
Said it before and Ill say it again the way the rules or lack are structured and how these kids transfer high schools every season, it wont be long before a savvy south florida mercenary type says **** it and enters transfer portal every year for a signing bonus bag.. Its only right.. Gonna take the right type of super talent but it would make such a mockery of system. Enter college early, have in mind to graduate early, get early PT at first school, transfer get another bag, graduate and enter portal again, Its coming.

Yeah, it’s chaos, but unlike the pre portal bull**** it’s organized chaos. Open and delivering blows daily. Those that can prepare and defend and go on the offensive will survive. Pre portal everything thing was covert in the shadows( which all of cfb knew about) while the ncaa turned a blind eye to. Now teams that come to play take advantage of the snail pace response of the ncaa and capitalize. Canes came loaded for bear, now with Ruiz he came loaded for elephant, The Red Elephant.
Love that!

Pre NIL some teams (Alabama, LSU, OU, and the other usual suspects) got to spend. Others theoretically could like a Miami or Ole Miss, but then the original batch of schools and their leader could get their NCAA stooges to crack down on any upstarts. And a ESPN who has a financial interest in keeping the SEC as the dominant CFB center would gleefully go after a Shapiro giving $100 to a player as “the worst thing ever” and something worthy of “shutting the program down”.

NIL has removed those guard rails. Now it’s not limited to a stale, stodgy group of blue bloods. Other schools can safely play. If SMU wants to take on Texas again they can - no realistic fear of the NCAA investigating them for things other Texas schools were doing. This will shake things up and should be good for the sport, at least for now. Herbstreet was absolutely correct when he said it was bad for CFB that he could immediately tell you who was going to be in CFB’s national championship tournament the following year. That makes for an utterly boring sport that will eventually collapse.

The final thing. Money. Players were previously getting paid, but per Confessions of an SEC Bagman it wasn’t always in cash. Sometimes it was electronics or even farm equipment - and it was used to avoid suspicion in some cases. But regardless, the top dollar value amount was $300K pre NIL. Post, we see what players are actually worth. If a blue blood in the future wants a five star, it’s going to cost them a lot more than what they were previously getting away with.

This!!! Everyone not tired of seeing Bama every ******* year?!! Il take anything over that. Lets not act like college football was in a goood place. It sucked!!!
Absolutely. And like something out of Oceania, ESPN reporters and fans have to pretend that those same four to five teams got their because they simply had the best coaches, and then the best players just want to play for those same best coaches.

Thats fantasy and everyone knows it.

Those four to five schools spent the most and ESPN turned a blind eye to it. If Saban or Meyer couldn’t spend, would they have landed the talent that they have? Of course not. And without that talent, does Saban’s schemes, organization, and discipline make his team magically champions? Of course not. You saw this year what happens when just two wide receivers get taken out of his offense.

Advertisement
This is wild and I love it
We love it because we’re actually one of the few teams who can compete financially, but if we weren’t, we’d be ready to burn CFB to the ground.

I appreciate that this is helping the Canes, but I’m worried that, without reform, this is the beginning of the end of CFB. I don’t see how causal fans will stay interested and you’re about to lose the die hard fans of any team outside of the blue bloods. This is not sustainable. It’s bad for the sport.

I hope we find a way to make NIL work without destroying the best sport on the planet.

Even if we don’t grab him, Addison leaving Pitt is huge. Best player in the coastal is leaving the division, no excuses to not win this division.
I may be in the minority here, but I was actually looking forward to the challenge of, potentially, having a top-15 team in the country in our very own division. The coastal — deservedly so — takes a lot of flack. This would have brought some national attention to our division and that season finale at home against Pitt could have been epic.

Advertisement
I may be in the minority here, but I was actually looking forward to the challenge of, potentially, having a top-15 team in the country in our very own division. The coastal — deservedly so — takes a lot of flack. This would have brought some national attention to our division and that season finale at home against Pitt could have been epic.
They’ll still be solid, and that finale could very well still be for the coastal title. Just a better chance we come out on top now.

Advertisement
We love it because we’re actually one of the few teams who can compete financially, but if we weren’t, we’d be ready to burn CFB to the ground.

I appreciate that this is helping the Canes, but I’m worried that, without reform, this is the beginning of the end of CFB. I don’t see how causal fans will stay interested and you’re about to lose the die hard fans of any team outside of the blue bloods. This is not sustainable. It’s bad for the sport.

I hope we find a way to make NIL work without destroying the best sport on the planet.

Agreed. It’s a love hate thing for sure. I agree it needs some structure. I’m all about players getting paid for actually advertising and marketing etc… but we are seeing is 100% pay for play. CFB is over just need to accept it. This will become minor league football.

The top 25 teams will continue to move to mega conferences and probably branch off the NCAA and have their own tournament/title etc… players have always been paid for play but this is nuts insane. All mid tier teams are 100% dead and have zero chance but that’s how it’s been the last 15 years anyways.

CFB will lose a lot of old school diehard fans as they see their team has zero chance to compete with the new transfer and NiL rules. It does suck for them to know their best players will constantly be poached. I hate to see it but I don’t know how this will ever be regulated. NCAA has zero power

Yea I think he can't go to USC now because Pitt coach gonna make sure he gets busted for tampering way too obvious
The ncaa has no power lol, they’re toothless. Usc worked this and they were always the stop. It‘s not 100 % guaranteed the deal will survive after said player enters but most times it does. Especially this late. But Miami knew this was happening, it didn’t surprise anyone including Pit.

Advertisement
Back