Jordan Addison to the portal

I certainly would prefer it but I dont think that would be that big of a factor. Gattis (as OC) and Mario (as HC) don't have history of 1rd WRs to bank on.

Gattis was the co-OC/WR coach for Bama when Jerry Jeudy won the Biletnikoff. Jeudy ended up being a first round pick. Im not saying Gattis is on the same level as Riley, but he can get guys drafted high too.

Advertisement
Nobody is gonna stop bama from getting more talent lol

Who starts over him here? I can think of maybe 2 guys, mello and coby?
Keyshawn IMO

I’ve been leading the charge for us to add another Portal WR since January, so I’m not making the homer argument.

I just don’t see it with Brooks & I think the majority of people only think of him from the prism of him being a former South FL 5-star WR that we missed on, so people naturally just assume he’s great. But I don’t see elite speed, elite hands or elite route running with Brooks.

Obviously, he’s still very young & has time to develop & last year was just a small sample size, but one thing about Saban is he doesn’t hold his players hands & make excuses on their behalf. That’s not to say he’s perfect on all evals, but he’s been very vocal since last year about his disappointment in his young WR’s & his actions in the Portal have lead me to believe he doesn’t think too highly of them.

I’m 1,000,000% in favor of bringing in a Portal WR, we need a surefire playmaker with great speed.

I just don’t think Brooks is this special WR that some other people think he is, he looks B- at everything IMO.

Devils advocate says he has also seen what Riley’s offenses have done for the past 4+ seasons. We aren’t quite sure exactly how we will look on O honestly, just saying.
I agree. That’s on the coaches to sell the proper vision in getting this kid. It’s not as difficult to overcome if there was an unknown at QB.

Devils advocate says he has also seen what Riley’s offenses have done for the past 4+ seasons. We aren’t quite sure exactly how we will look on O honestly, just saying.
Ill take it a step forward. He saw what we had and while it’s nice, he may think it isn’t as nice as we think it is

Advertisement
Advertisement
Addison would be foolish not to listen to other offers, considering nearly 49% of his NIL deal will be swallowed by the government there.

I don't know why anyone would want to move to California. Not kidding about taxes: $2 million NIL in Cali is actually only 1 mil in take-home.

Advertisement
Addison would be foolish not to listen to other offers, considering nearly 49% of his NIL deal will be swallowed by the government there.
California takes its share but let’s not kid ourselves. The vast majority of the income taxes he will pay go to Uncle Sam. Any athlete signing an NIL agreement will pay approximate 37% (slightly less when blended) in income taxes (assuming its a high six-figure deal). California adds an additional 12% in income taxes.

Advertisement
10A22B1F-C083-4D9E-ADA2-F631B852F2E0.png

Advertisement
Back