Jontavious Carter sez he's going to best out ouch down tommy

Advertisement
48.jpg

Cordele (GA) Crisp County High School WRontavious Carter has set up his official visit date to Miami for the weekend of Jan. 21. Why that date? "Me and Angelo Jean-Louis wanted to take the same visit together, and coach (Brennan) Carroll told me that would be a good time to go because my mom has an easy work schedule then," Carter said. "We fit that into her schedule and go at the same time as Angelo." Carter says he became friendly with Jean-Louis at a UM summer camp. "Me and Angelo have been talking a long time, have been in touch since then," Carter said. "We met each other, got real close, said we want to take a visit together." And Carter will get a visit from UM tonight -Carroll will watch on at his basketball game. "Coach (Al) Golden said he'll be coming soon, and coach (George) McDonald is coming in about three weeks," Carter said. Carter says he gave McDonald, the receivers coach, a message for Tommy Streeter the last time they spoke. "I told coach McDonald to tell Streeter I'm coming for him, that I'm going to either be on the field with him or beat him out, get his spot," Carter said. "That's the mentality I'm going in with. My work ethic, I feel I can beat anybody. I feel I can beat out anybody, be a big impact. "I'm really training my mind right now mentally to get ready for college, because I know when I come in it'll be business." Carter previously said he would take some visits besides Miami; now he says he "probably won't take any other visits." He says the Golden extension "helps keep me solid, made me more solid. That's pretty big as far as him, congrats to him on that. That's good for this program because we're going to take this thing to the sky." * Carter's team finished 5-5 this season, missing the playoffs. He had five touchdown receptions and over 600 receiving yards.

/posting from my phone ******* sucks.

Advertisement
Back