Jonathan Vilma

Swerve

Freshman
Dam I didn't know this guy was a commentator, he's calling the Irish Vs. G-tech. Didn't know that scandal ran him completely out of the league.

Advertisement
Good for him. He went out with his head intact and a ring on his finger. TV commentator is not a bad gig. Hopefully, he made wise investments with his NFL money.

I always enjoy seeing UM students do well in life. And yes, football players are students. They are learning a profession that few others can master. They have to put in the same hours learning their craft as the supposed scholarly students at UM. Come to think of it, the football players probably put in more hours learning their craft than many of those UM scholars.

That's one of the biggest things I have against Folden. He is an impediment in these young men's path to success. A competent HC would make his players shine on Saturday instead of turning them into a circus act.

Advertisement
Yeah, Golden put 9 players in the NFL and obviously impeded the **** out of their path to success.

Good for him. He went out with his head intact and a ring on his finger. TV commentator is not a bad gig. Hopefully, he made wise investments with his NFL money.

Jon's a smart guy so he'll do well in whatever he tries. He's involved in multiple businesses down in Miami.

Hope he sticks to commentating, as we can use one of our guys in the community.

Those 9 guys are in the NFL despite Folden. In a winning program, Perryman would have been a 1st rounder (Packers needed a ILB so they could move Matthews back to OLB, but passed on Perryman). In a winning program, Duke and Walford don't fall to the 3rd round. Or maybe Duke stays another year, gets his degree and moves up to the 1st round instead of choosing to flee a poorly run system after his junior year. Sorry, but I don't give Folden credit for any success these guys have achieved.

Advertisement
Back