Jonathan Vilma sighting....

MedleyCane

Senior
So I'm in town visiting relatives and we decide to go to Pinchos factory in Hialeah....I see this relative big dude working the kitchen, fixing our stuff and I'm thinking to myself he probably plays for nearby Hialeah or HML....dude turns around and it is Vilma..lol....I googled him and Pinchos and there are a couple of articles about him investing in these franchises...dude was getting g down and dirty on a Monday Memorial day weekend....respect.

/I know, cool story bro and all.

Advertisement
Did u man up and ask him how big his crank is

He was fixing my sweet potato tots, so wanted to play nice.
Lol.

Nah, I didn't want to bother dude, he was really into his job and I hate it when I see folks bothering athletes so I wasn't going to do the same.

Advertisement
Vilma is quickly climbing my list of favorite all-time Canes.

Dude seems to set a GREAT example for young kids coming up.

So I'm in town visiting relatives and we decide to go to Pinchos factory in Hialeah....I see this relative big dude working the kitchen, fixing our stuff and I'm thinking to myself he probably plays for nearby Hialeah or HML....dude turns around and it is Vilma..lol....I googled him and Pinchos and there are a couple of articles about him investing in these franchises...dude was getting g down and dirty on a Monday Memorial day weekend....respect.

/I know, cool story bro and all.

His other BBQ franchise went to ****, I believe. At least, the restaurant at Sunset Place closed down. Not sure about the one in Brickell.

Don't understand why someone with real money to invest would invest in restaurants. It is a competitive, low-margin business. Hard to make money.

... then the OP reported the Vilma sighting to the Compliance Office.

Naw, can't hate a man for investing in a business that pulled your mom out of a crack house. From giving blow jobs for a fix to fixing Tostone burgers for Cane fans.
I salute Vilma and your crack hoe mom.

Advertisement
Don't understand why someone with real money to invest would invest in restaurants. It is a competitive, low-margin business. Hard to make money.

The allure is strong. Lots of people dream about owning bars/restaurants. I'll give Vilma credit, investing in an already established restaurant chain is a lot safer than trying to open your own place. A lot of these athletes that open restaurants/bars think they can throw in a bunch of money and put their name on it and it will be successful. Someone's got to run the place correctly and you need a chef to put together a menu and run your kitchen.

him and Beason own a bbq place in brickell forgot the name
Brother Jimmy's closed down.

Pincho Factory has a shot at scaling, and I suppose Vilma wanted to get in relatively early.

Vilma is smart, but something about athletes makes them gravitate towards this business.

But you're right, I can't think of an investment with such an unfavorable risk/reward ratio. First off, it's hard work for whoever is actually running the operation of the business, and on top of all that you have to watch your employees like a hawk, because a certain proportion will rob you blind. If you're going to invest in this business, buying in to an established franchise is always a safer bet, but still no guarantee of success.

Most times you'll make more money just investing your money in the markets and making sure you have a balanced asset allocation plan. Or even easier give your money to one of the big houses that manage wealth and let them develop a plan for you for a fixed yearly fee, making sure you don't get churned.

Advertisement

Vilma is smart, but something about athletes makes them gravitate towards this business.

But you're right, I can't think of an investment with such an unfavorable risk/reward ratio. First off, it's hard work for whoever is actually running the operation of the business, and on top of all that you have to watch your employees like a hawk, because a certain proportion will rob you blind. If you're going to invest in this business, buying in to an established franchise is always a safer bet, but still no guarantee of success.

Most times you'll make more money just investing your money in the markets and making sure you have a balanced asset allocation plan. Or even easier give your money to one of the big houses that manage wealth and let them develop a plan for you for a fixed yearly fee, making sure you don't get churned.

Yeah, it's a scary and cut-throat business but pro athletes tend to be very confident about themselves and in Villa's case he is a very smart dude.....I do hope that business succeeds as he seems to be a hard working dude.

Advertisement
Back