Jonathan Patke

The U Code

Redshirt Freshman
Pete, have u heard anything about Jonathan Patke being promoted as the 10th assistant coach, in particular LB coach?

Advertisement
This would be underwhelming, but with the raises we need to give out, the staff budget can only go so high.

Looks like he was out recruiting so he is probably hired. Or maybe it is a temporary thing. Either way I was hoping theyd hire a defensive guy.

I keep saying it but I want Barrow back coaching LBs. Great coach and recruits very well, always had studs under him. Knows the culture that we need and left bc he was sick of Golden I’m sure. He would really thrive under Richt, program is night and day now compared to when Barrow was here before, he would kill it on the trail.

Advertisement
I keep saying it but I want Barrow back coaching LBs. Great coach and recruits very well, always had studs under him. Knows the culture that we need and left bc he was sick of Golden I’m sure. He would really thrive under Richt, program is night and day now compared to when Barrow was here before, he would kill it on the trail.

exactly, our linebacker play collectively was not good this last year and he and Diaz was primarily working with them

exactly, our linebacker play collectively was not good this last year and he and Diaz was primarily working with them

Exactly. Would be very beneficial for Diaz to oversee the entire unit. Not to mention, didn’t Barrow also do a lot of the coaching on STs? IIRC he did and our ST were pretty **** good when he was here. One of the few things Golden did well, we always covered well and had multiple return TDs under him, granted he actually put his studs like Duke and Coley back deep.

If Richt would just coach QBs himself, the playcaller NEEDS to be the QB coach imo, that would also free up another spot to hire a ST Coordinator. Not sold on his son at all and philosophically I just don’t like the play-caller not being the QBs coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baez is out with recruits all the time too. Doesn't mean he's 10th Asst

Our staff on defense is green enough with Banda and Rumph. This would be a seriously disappointing hire if true.

Advertisement

Yeah I'm sure he is dying to get back to recruiting kids and probably take a pay cut.

Yeah I'm sure he is dying to get back to recruiting kids and probably take a pay cut.

That’s such a douchebag answer. No where in my post do I reference that being realistic or Barrow having interest. Simply the candidate I would want if I had control over the situation.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can someone post the VIP ivins story about finding a way to get FaceTime with Gerald on here just long enough for me to read it? Before ****ayArtHauz deletes it and gives me an infraction.

To be fair, a lot of us were 'underwhelmed' by the Dugans and Banda hires and for the most part everyone seems to really value them now. Let it play out

You honestly think Barrow will take a demotion to get back to Miami? He has a really nice set up in Seattle and he has teen age kids. I like Barrow and he was a good position coach, but Miami recruit a bunch of stinkers at linebacker. For every Sean Spence or Denzel Perryman, you had three guys like Tyrone Cornelius, Brandon Marti or Kevin Nelson. There were some years we didn't even take a linebacker.

I don't know if this guy is the 10th assistant, but this guy has followed Diaz to most locations. Probably still a quality control guy. We shall see.

Advertisement
Back