Jon Ford our future DT star

MainLineCane

No More Excuses / Time to win
Miami Hurricanes 2018 Player Profile: DT Jon Ford

FYI Good article on one of our future DT stars

Its imperative that he has a good year to offset the losses of McIntosh and Norton and he seems intent on doing just that.

IMO he will be a big factor in our DL success and has the "potential" of being an ALL-Star. What a great 3 star find!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
IMG_20180531_024006_228.jpg

Yes sir

Like many articles on State of The U, the one linked is a master class in how to turn 2 sentences of actual information into a 5 paragraph high school English essay. I'll digest nearly anything about the Canes, including the article above, but that was painful. It could be re-written as:

"Ford arrived on campus last year with great size, but very late, preventing him from contributing much despite a need for depth at the position. Going into his sophomore season he should compete for starter-level snaps at DT thanks to the conditioning, strength, and familiarity gained from participating in a full off-season."

Like many articles on State of The U, the one linked is a master class in how to turn 2 sentences of actual information into a 5 paragraph high school English essay. I'll digest nearly anything about the Canes, including the article above, but that was painful. It could be re-written as:

"Ford arrived on campus last year with great size, but very late, preventing him from contributing much despite a need for depth at the position. Going into his sophomore season he should compete for starter-level snaps at DT thanks to the conditioning, strength, and familiarity gained from participating in a full off-season."
And I didn't read the article. Excellently job sir!!

Advertisement
Like many articles on State of The U, the one linked is a master class in how to turn 2 sentences of actual information into a 5 paragraph high school Remedial English as a second language essay. I'll digest nearly anything about the Canes, including the article above, but that was painful. It could be re-written as:

FIFY

It's summer. I hope Jess can bring the "consistency" out of him they say he lacked in spring practice. We're going to need stellar performances from him and Willis on the inside if we are to go into the ACCC undefeated.

Dat first sentence, though.

“On a defensive line not long ago, for a Miami Hurricanes program not far away, there existed a once-modest concern: depth.”

I could eat a can of alphabet soup and chit a more compelling opener.

That butchery followed by this brain twister...

“Led by returning starters, the rest of the depth chart was made up of rotational players...”

Well I’ll be damned. I thought every depth chart in America was made up of starters and rotational players. In fact, I thought that was the whole point of a depth chart: to establish the starting line up and the order of rotation among the back ups.

Not two full sentences in and I’m smacked up side the head with a terrible Star Wars analogy and the ground breaking revelation that a roster is made up of starters and backups, and if you put the backups in order, well now you got yourself a depth chart.

This is Pulitzer grade stuff.

Advertisement
My only fear for Ford is that with the massive jump in snaps this year, he will fade and be exposed at some point. Clearly talented, but he will have a full plate this year and will be responsible for a lot in all facets of the game.

OK OK I hear ya. No problem here. I'll stop posting

Op begging for attention by posting these type messages. Poor fellow. His alter ego is “loose cannons “.

Advertisement
I certainly hope Ford is a future star. He certainly has the potential. Now let's see if he has that dog in him.

Everything I'm hearing from people who have actually seen him practice following the same pattern. Big, strong, aggressive and very quick. That's a potent combo for a DT.

We need him to perform well this fall for our DL to be at max efficiency....I hope he's up to the task

Advertisement
I never knew Woodword and Bernstein were Canes fans. Nice of them to chime in.

Last edited:
My only fear for Ford is that with the massive jump in snaps this year, he will fade and be exposed at some point. Clearly talented, but he will have a full plate this year and will be responsible for a lot in all facets of the game.

How many snaps did RJ have before he became a full-time starter his sophomore year? The kid coming in from Illinois is going to help us.

Advertisement
Back