Joko Willis

Official Cane Gang

Sophomore
With the latest news that there are LBs looking around, I went to see what was out there that hasn't been uncovered.

Thats when I came across Joko Willis. A LB who had over 800 yards receiving this year. One of the fastest LBs you will see on tape this year.

His Junior tape shows a lot more at the LB position, but his Senior tape is equally as fun to watch. Joko is a freak athlete. You can see him running away from defenders on offense, and slicing through blockers on defense. He does a very good job at finding the ball, making a move on a blocker, and then attacking the ball carrier.

He could play the striker position with ease.

You may see some big schools start coming after him soon.

Advertisement
With the latest news that there are LBs looking around, I went to see what was out there that hasn't been uncovered.

Thats when I came across Joko Willis. A LB who had over 800 yards receiving this year. One of the fastest LBs you will see on tape this year.

His Junior tape shows a lot more at the LB position, but his Senior tape is equally as fun to watch. Joko is a freak athlete. You can see him running away from defenders on offense, and slicing through blockers on defense. He does a very good job at finding the ball, making a move on a blocker, and then attacking the ball carrier.

He could play the striker position with ease.

You may see some big schools start coming after him soon.

We are fine at LB. But I agree that he's an interesting prospect for Striker. Gotta see how the staff uses Keontra Smith though, who is also perfect for the Striker role.

We are fine at LB. But I agree that he's an interesting prospect for Striker. Gotta see how the staff uses Keontra Smith though, who is also perfect for the Striker role.
Staff has said that smith will be a safety for us. But I agree with the skill set and his fit as a striker. He’ll be a good one for us.

Speed is always good at the linebacker position for sure. Kid is an interesting prospect

Morning brother. Curious why you feel were fine at lber?

We have 3 quality LBs committed and are already talking with some other quality Backers in case one or 2 defects. Also, doesn't appear like Shaq/Mike is leaving. If we finish the class with 3 LBs we'd end up with 10 guys in the LB room.

The LB group overall could be improved, but I'm mostly saying "we're fine" as in we really don't need to outsource for under the radar guys right now at the position.

Advertisement
Morning brother. Curious why you feel were fine at lber?
Probably The hope that Shaq and Mike stay, and maybe that we permanently switch to 425? I think Finley played very well, and I'd rather have him on the field than a 3rd LB at this point, unless its a clear run situation.

If Mike leaves we got Steed and Wilder backing him up. I think Steed will be ready to step up.

But if Shaq leaves, i think we really need to consider moving McCloud and Joyner to ILB. I'm not sold on Jennings tbh.

as For the incoming class, if Mike and Shaq leave, we need 4, period.

We have 3 quality LBs committed and are already talking with some other quality Backers in case one or 2 defects. Also, doesn't appear like Shaq/Mike is leaving. If we finish the class with 3 LBs we'd end up with 10 guys in the LB room.

The LB group overall could be improved, but I'm mostly saying "we're fine" as in we really don't need to outsource for under the radar guys right now at the position.
I can understand IF ur talking about the starters & the assumption they'll both be back next year & if were ONLY discussing next year. But personally I think Joyner eventually gets moved to end & I don't think any of our backups except possibly steed (because he's an unknown) are potential starters who can excell at the position. I think if any of our lbers who are committed head elsewhere (which is a VERY good possibility) we aren't in play for any kids who are game changers that I know of. Wilder we have no clue about moving forward but I wouldn't count on. The position for me honestly is the only position on defense that I'm worried about moving forward from a recruiting standpoint. I might not agree with how we target key recruits at db position but you can't argue even they thrive in our system.

We could have more LBs than OL next year.....

MF Searles

Advertisement
Probably The hope that Shaq and Mike stay, and maybe that we permanently switch to 425? I think Finley played very well, and I'd rather have him on the field than a 3rd LB at this point, unless its a clear run situation.

If Mike leaves we got Steed and Wilder backing him up. I think Steed will be ready to step up.

But if Shaq leaves, i think we really need to consider moving McCloud and Joyner to ILB. I'm not sold on Jennings tbh.

as For the incoming class, if Mike and Shaq leave, we need 4, period.

Finley is a LB🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

IMO we need to recruit more LBs for many reasons.

1 - If Solomon is looking, we need to be looking.
2 - Wilder is a question mark in terms of health
3 - Joyner is a question mark in terms of position
4 - Pinck/Shaq are questions marks with NFL....even so, only 1 year left.
5 - McCloud has not developed.
6 - That leaves you with 2 LBs moving forward in Steed and Jennings.....plus any freshmen coming in (Brooks being a year away from major injury and having played mostly DE)

LBs and DBs are critical for special teams on kick and punt coverage. The striker position is nice but will not work against all teams. Bama and Georgia are power running teams. You need 3 sideline to sideline LBs for them. You need depth for injuries or guys not panning out. You need depth for special teams.

Last edited:
He's a striker and was a Safety. So if you want to call him a LB go ahead, but he's not. Dude's 205lbs.

The Striker is a Linebacker. I dont understand how many times Diaz needs to explain this to you people. He WAS a safety and now he is a linebacker

Advertisement

Did we get some new LBs in that most people dont know about? All 3 starting LBs are gone after next season(unless they are stupid and leave this year for 5th-7th round pick) The backups havent really shown much

The Striker is a Linebacker. I dont understand how many times Diaz needs to explain this to you people. He WAS a safety and now he is a linebacker
Dude Striker is literally a different position. It's like linebacker, yes. But its not. Otherwise it wouldn't have a different ******* position and skillset dude

Come on now. Use your head a little. Just because we use the position as a LB replacement doesn't make it still a LB.

Dude Striker is literally a different position. It's like linebacker, yes. But its not. Otherwise it wouldn't have a different ******* position and skillset dude

Come on now. Use your head a little. Just because we use the position as a LB replacement doesn't make it still a LB.

Diaz literally said it's the same thing as the Sam linebacker but a different name.

I guess you know more than the guy who created the position.

Advertisement
Did we get some new LBs in that most people dont know about? All 3 starting LBs are gone after next season(unless they are stupid and leave this year for 5th-7th round pick) The backups havent really shown much

You realize we already have 3 LBs committed right?

Advertisement
Back