Johnny Ford

If you can ball you can ball, don't line him up running go routes and the height problem is solved

Advertisement
Best player in Dade County. His character is definitely not an issue. Height is what concerns schools

Ridiculous

Best player in the best high school football county in the country, and the hometown college doesn't offer based on his height. Ask Urban Meyer if Brandon James height mattered. Ford could be an all american return guy, but he's not tall enough.

Good thing coach L doesn't recruit off that philosophy or Lykes wouldn't be a Cane.

Best player in Dade County. His character is definitely not an issue. Height is what concerns schools

Ridiculous

Best player in the best high school football county in the country, and the hometown college doesn't offer based on his height. Ask Urban Meyer if Brandon James height mattered. Ford could be an all american return guy, but he's not tall enough.

Good thing coach L doesn't recruit off that philosophy or Lykes wouldn't be a Cane.

There are no 5'5 shrimps dominating at the elite levels of football.
Secondly, undersized scatbacks are a dime a dozen in Florida. You could fall *** backwards and hit like 10 of them here. No need to get all butthurt because we let go of Johnny ford.

Advertisement

Ridiculous

Secondly, undersized scatbacks are a dime a dozen in Florida. You could fall *** backwards and hit like 10 of them here. No need to get all butthurt because we let go of Johnny ford.

You sure about that?

Ridiculous

Clueless post, there’s no “scatback” anywhere in Florida as explosive as Ford.

Advertisement
Take him and put him st returner and use him on jet sweeps and stuff. Like Brandon James

I'm not sure I understand then.

Shaun Shivers is the same height and is going to Auburn, among his other big offers.

Ford was a back up as junior, IIRC.

Shivers has been known for his track times and started at chaminade since his freshman/sophomore year.

He's the best RB in Dade, as of right now. I've seen Brandon Oliver plenty in hs. Coached against him and I've played him in flag football a few times. Ford is easily more explosive.

A play that might not be on his highlights:

Playoff game against Columbus. On the final drive,Miami high forced a fumble to win the game. A few plays before that, Ford asked to go in on defense. He hasn't practiced with the defense, at all. They put him in at LB. Handoff goes to RB Henry Parrish and Ford gets outside and blasts him for a TFL. Parrish walked off holding his arm after that play, and had to miss a few plays.

Last edited:

Ridiculous

I agree with all of this...And I would have no problem with taking the kid. But all this outrage because we don't? The kid is maybe 5'5.

So he didn't punch a coach? BC if he did that's a character problem...But I'll defer to you obv if he didn't.

And hasn't he been at 3 high schools the past 2 seasons? I understand there is more transferring today than ever before, but still that's pushing it.

Advertisement

Ridiculous

Nyquan Wright
AH running back

5'5 is short as **** though. Just means that someone somewhere will get a steal by taking him.

Advertisement

Ridiculous

Nyquan Wright
AH running back

Isn't he at Carol City?

Take him and put him st returner and use him on jet sweeps and stuff. Like Brandon James

100% this. We don't have anyone like this on the roster. Instant weapon on every kick return unit and nightmare gadget play guy. DJ at QB, Homer beside him, this dude in motion, Thomas/Pope/Ahmmon outside? Oooooweeeeee.

Last edited:
Fck a height, fck a weight, all that sh*t. Kid can flat out play. Special teams ace, occasional offensive spark, AND from dade county. Quit the BS and sign him.

Don't care about size, if he's dominating S. Fl. high school talent, offer his *** now.

He ***** up, kick him out.

It's really that simple

Its really not.. You don't want to be the school that the first sign of trouble you throw a kid out on the street making him lose eligibility for a year. High School Coaches won't want to send their kids to a school like this.

When I agreed with the "***** up" portion of the comment...I didn't mean one time and he's gone fam.

"***** up" to me is multiple instances unless it's egregious.

Advertisement
Back