Johnny Dixon

Advertisement
Advertisement
I wanted this kid alll along..would love to see him sign with us.

Brandon Harris/Vernon Hargreaves type at cb.

I was at Chamberlain HS over the summer for a work thing...watched some of their two-a-days. 21 was always working.

They had a couple nice young guys on the team. Not UM guys, but nice low end P5 types. Big kid on the DL. They have a kid at LB that can fly, too.

One thing Dixon does that Harris - for example - could never...Dixon BODIES dudes in the highlights. Harris was a gr8 cover corner, and took on some of the bigger WRs and would get dirty with'em (Julio Jones, AJ Green of note...during the All-Star circuit in HS), but he couldn't/wouldn't just bodyslam dudes like Dixon can.

Coach Lane has really gotten Chamberlain back to being pretty good. Played Armwood really close this year, too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was at Chamberlain HS over the summer for a work thing...watched some of their two-a-days. 21 was always working.

They had a couple nice young guys on the team. Not UM guys, but nice low end P5 types. Big kid on the DL. They have a kid at LB that can fly, too.

One thing Dixon does that Harris - for example - could never...Dixon BODIES dudes in the highlights. Harris was a gr8 cover corner, and took on some of the bigger WRs and would get dirty with'em (Julio Jones, AJ Green of note...during the All-Star circuit in HS), but he couldn't/wouldn't just bodyslam dudes like Dixon can.

Coach Lane has really gotten Chamberlain back to being pretty good. Played Armwood really close this year, too.

Friend of mine used to coach baseball at Chamberlan, occasioanlly i go back and work with the hitters. Like most schools all the athletes know each other and hang out beofre practice. Few football players where at the cages, one of them being Dixon.
Baseball players and football players wanted to have a little homerun derby, all good with me, as long as the coaches could hit.
Dude never played HS baseball and when he swung the bat, it reminded me of when i was a kid and i saw Issac Bruce and Franky Sanders try out for the CArdinals.
Back then there was no internet so noone really knew who anyone really was, the Cardinals held a tryout at Gibbons and their were all these highly regarded highschool prospects out there displaying their talents. Bout 30 minutes into the tryout, Petik rolls up with these two football players telling the scouts that they need to let them tryout.
Everyone kind of rools their eyes and allows them to tryout, after all it was Petik's field and he was coming off a state title.
Bruce and Sanders didnt have a bat so Salermo gives them a wood bat and proceded to throw BP. 1st pitch to Sanders goes 450 feet over the gymnasium, 2nd pitch goes on the tennis court. Salermo says "ive seen enough.
Bruce gets in the cage, 1st pitch 450 feet over the gymnasium, 2nd pitch is on M wing (400 plus oppo). Salermo says "enough George.

What im getting at is 1st pitch i threw to Dixon went 400 plus feet, 2nd pitch **** near went 450 also.
Dude is just a stud, probally could be a D1 basketball player if he wanted to, probally would be a **** good receiver also if he wanted to.

Advertisement
Back