John Campbell is not hurt... but he in the portal

Advertisement
Nelson and Campbell are needed now that Scaife is hurt. Any news on Scaife?

Campbell performed great on Saturday...better than Nelson who was rusty and always struggles with larger ends.

Mario speaks very highly of Campbell and it’s a breath of fresh air seeing him come back from injury with the new staff and play at a high level. I know we have Zion but maybe he cements himself as the starting LT. What you guys think?

I’d keep him there. He’s finally putting it together. The immediate gains at the OL are impressive.

I hope he comes back next season. He is playing extremely well and his veteran presence and physicality would go a long way. Amazing what coaching and physical development does. He looks like a DUDE out there. He has yet to face a dynamite speedy edge guy, but he is an asset out there and one of our best players.

Advertisement

Mario speaks very highly of Campbell and it’s a breath of fresh air seeing him come back from injury with the new staff and play at a high level. I know we have Zion but maybe he cements himself as the starting LT. What you guys think?

Ir does appear he has passed Zion "potential 1st rounder" Nelson at LT...

He was great. Zion, otoh, struggled on the right side. When he was on the left, I think he was fine.

I'd like to see JC on the right side and Zion back at LT.

He was great. Zion, otoh, struggled on the right side. When he was on the left, I think he was fine.

I'd like to see JC on the right side and Zion back at LT.
I don't want to mess with Campbell when he's playing well. He's been more up and down than Zion in his career. If Zion wants to play in the NFL next year, he will need swing tackle ability.

Advertisement
Nelson and Campbell are needed now that Scaife is hurt. Any news on Scaife?

Campbell performed great on Saturday...better than Nelson who was rusty and always struggles with larger ends.
I didn’t know that Scaife got hurt. Too bad for him but in no way should JC lose his job to Zion at this point. He’s won it. Move Zion to RT if Scaife is hurt. Zion is still rusty from being out.

I don't want to mess with Campbell when he's playing well. He's been more up and down than Zion in his career. If Zion wants to play in the NFL next year, he will need swing tackle ability.
Yeah not gonna lie I think it would help him in the long run him swapping to play RT after playing the left side his whole career

Zion struggled some at LT and more at RT. It got bad at times and they had to chip with Mallory. I don’t think Zion is quite ready yet from a health standpoint bc he did not show great balance or strength. If not for Scaife’s injury, I don’t think he should have played.

Campbell played very well and did nothing to lose that spot.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Football Yes GIF by Detroit Lions

Advertisement
Can’t leave out Feld in the praise of the OL. These OL were doughy and out of shape the past few years. Physical development is just as important as the technic.

Advertisement
Back