Joey Slackman 2024 Transfer Portal DT from Penn

Paranos

All-ACC
Joey Slackman's a 6'4" 300lbs 2024 IVY league DT portal grad transfer has 20+ P5 offers in the last week including one from UM. He has an interesting back story as a college wrestler, which is intriguing as a NT in Miami's dline. He has a lot of options at this point. I like that he has plays with a high motor, but more importantly a high FBIQ which allowed him to deflect several passes when he couldn't pressure the QB..

Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Why? We'll just get another rental to replace him next year.

This is college football now.
I specified in areas we’re lacking in recruiting because that type of philosophy is how you end up one injury away from disaster at a position.

Plus I don’t think we’re at a point where we think we can just go in the portal and cherry pick who we want. We found that out last cycle with all the receivers we were supposed to/trying to get . It’s gonna be a battle for the top guys year after year….getting a guy with multiple years left vs a rental helps protect against that .

I specified in areas we’re lacking in recruiting because that type of philosophy is how you end up one injury away from disaster at a position.

Plus I don’t think we’re at a point where we think we can just go in the portal and cherry pick who we want.

Exactly…Every portal offer people see they think we lead for a kid and he's ours.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back