Joey Galloway holdin the SEC accountable for bowl losses

poncho0091

Senior
Guys on Sportscenter reporting live about the bowls and those douchebags talks about the jealousy and hatred of the SEC that coaches that beat them want to make sure everyone knows they beat them. They completely ignored the fact that people hate them because of how the media spins the hype, especially ESPN.

Joey Galloway on set jumped in with if they are going to get the hype when they win, then they need to be ready to take the extra criticism when they lose. Then pointed out ranked SEC teams are 1-3 this bowl season. Mark May of course had to try to defend the SEC to say when the SEC chips are on the table (like a title) then they always win.

Galloway responds with how they use the excuse that they just weren't into it if they're not playing for the title and May defends again that Alabama is in a different class.

Galloway says the SEC is not Alabama. When you say SEC it is the entire SEC (BOOOOM *****!!!!!)

Then of course ESPN can't allow the SEC to be talked badly about so the other guys cut in to move on. Loved it. You can tell Galloway is sick of the hype.

Advertisement
Saw that. Loved it. I was surprised anyone on ESPN would 'talk bad' about the SEC, but I was glad Galloway said what he said.

Advertisement
I don't get all of the hatred towards the SEC, but if you're going to receive praise when you're on top, there's nothing wrong with taking criticism when you're not. They've had a great decade and have basically been the top conference yearly or at least the conference with the top team.

With that comes some inflation, mostly in the rankings. They beat each other up, one team wins the MNC, but along the way they had some close games or even a loss. They've generally handed it to people in the Big game, so those close wins or even a loss, I can understand how people would then see their opponents in conference as quality competition.

In short, they do get a bonus for being in the SEC. Fair or not, it happens. We used to get a bonus, in particular this past decade for having the U on the side of our helmet due to our runs, recruiting, etc. I didn't hear too many complaining when we're picked to win the Coastal, ranked whatever, even if we who know our team feel it's an inflated thought.

I don't get all of the hatred towards the SEC, but if you're going to receive praise when you're on top, there's nothing wrong with taking criticism when you're not. They've had a great decade and have basically been the top conference yearly or at least the conference with the top team.

With that comes some inflation, mostly in the rankings. They beat each other up, one team wins the MNC, but along the way they had some close games or even a loss. They've generally handed it to people in the Big game, so those close wins or even a loss, I can understand how people would then see their opponents in conference as quality competition.

In short, they do get a bonus for being in the SEC. Fair or not, it happens. We used to get a bonus, in particular this past decade for having the U on the side of our helmet due to our runs, recruiting, etc. I didn't hear too many complaining when we're picked to win the Coastal, ranked whatever, even if we who know our team feel it's an inflated thought.

really?

While I agree they were the top conference, some teams tended to get overinflated just for being in the SEC undeservedly. Furthermore it feeds itself, because when you have a whole bunch of overranked teams, losses mean less and that's where the discrepancy comes in. It's a built in protection that media feeds even more. Then you end up with teams in the championship who may not have deserved to be there (regardless if they won or not) which is why they had to make the playoff.

As far as the hatred goes, it's simply for that reason. Teams who did not deserve consideration were getting significant consideration. Ole Miss at #9 got that *** waxed like an unranked team. Miss St. just got waxed by a GT team that most of us feel is pretty beatable (but they're getting done). Notre Dame beat LSU. You got teams not winning their conference or even making the conference championship game getting into the national championship game. I to this day have a problem with Alabama getting in over Oklahoma St and then having everyone definitively stating Alabama was a better team when Ok St never even got the shot simply because Alabama is an SEC team. There is a lot of belief that the system was being setup to be favorable to SEC teams which is not only unfair in a competitive sport, but just morally wrong and disgusting.

As far as the overranked canes, I would complain simply because most of us knew we were going to fall flat under this coaching staff and so the fall is a lot harder when everyone is expecting you to be at the top.

Advertisement

Your kiddingr right?

**** you Mark May. Chips were on the table and Alabama did not deliver. I wish Galloway would throw that **** in his face tonight.

Mark May and ESPN just mad because their SEC bonus money just got cut. No ship game means no more checks. God I love it!!!!

Have had a buddy of mine trying to talk **** about SEC and how they have won 7 straight etc. Pointed out that those 7 ships come from LSU, Bama, and UiF winning multiple ships each. Didn't know that the SEC was comprised of 3 teams.

God the group think is out of control. I love it!! GO DUCKS!!!!

Advertisement
Mark May and ESPN just mad because their SEC bonus money just got cut. No ship game means no more checks. God I love it!!!!

Have had a buddy of mine trying to talk **** about SEC and how they have won 7 straight etc. Pointed out that those 7 ships come from LSU, Bama, and UiF winning multiple ships each. Didn't know that the SEC was comprised of 3 teams.

God the group think is out of control. I love it!! GO DUCKS!!!!

I been arguing the SEC bias issue ever since the year after the second Florida title where they played noone and SEC teams were getting way over-hyped. Then it was worse the year Alabama got in over Ok St. I don't care if Alabama won it all. They had their shot against LSU and to win their conference and they didn't do it. Yes Ok St lost to a worse team, but it was a fluke loss and guess what, they won their conference.

It makes it more funny that the Big 12 got held out with both TCU and Baylor this year, because they didn't have a conference championship. Funny how that didn't matter when Alabama got in that year.

Years ago, I felt the way I feel about the SEC in regards to the Big 10. Big 10 was so soft, but they were the media darlings with Michigan and Ohio St. I hate the gates as much as anyone, but I actually enjoyed them running Ohio St. out of the stadium that year. I know it's disgusting, but that team was the real deal and almost got screwed when the media tried to hype Michigan in for an Ohio St Michigan rematch. Again look at the Alabama deal. ame exact situation as that Michigan Ohio St one, but Alabama got in and Michigan did not.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back