2023 Joenel Aguero - Safety - Commitment, 7.23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
What are you saying are "excuses"? What I wrote? No, that is a economic explanation of how a budget works in any business. I am clueless as to why anyone thinks otherwise.
Yes he just lost a recruit
The reason why he lost may come straight down to the offering less money
But that reason is an excuse
He has overcome giving less money before
Aren’t the rumors that the gators offered way more for rashada than Miami
But Mario still got him
It’s still just an excuse
When Mario gets a recruit the first thing we say isnt man our nil did it
We say man Mario is elite and then the nil helped but when we lose a recruit it’s always some external reason we lost

Advertisement
DBA5CF1C-AE2A-4519-9B45-6F90AE0C6B69.gif

Advertisement
Yes but keep in mind that Bama maybe overpaying for Alinen and UGA maybe overpaying for Aguero just as UTenn over paid for Nico.
You can’t always pay more than another school that is already overpaying. And arguably we overpaid for Mauigoa and all the other recruits. At least that is what other schools are alreayd saying.

Worth is in the eyes of the school.

I know it sounds like cope but I never thought Aguero would be in the class. I'm guessing Kirby has been on the kid for a while and Diaz probably didn't bother recruiting him because he didn't think we'd have a chance. Cristobal made up a lot of ground but couldn't overtake UGA. Money might have been close, but tiebreaker goes to relationship and the national Champs. Stings a little but not a gut punch. As for Alinen, if UM gets Freeling or Kirkland, it's a wash (I actually like Freeling better as an OT, Alinen likely gets moved inside). Missing on Bryant and Bonsu will hurt a lot. (fwiw I think we get Bryant).

Wow after reading all these pages today in numerous threads with people not so much worrying about who we will /won’t be signing but more so about what it does to our ranking it’s sounding similar to a a school up north that is willing to do ANYTHING to finish high in the rankings their skill set , ability of recruits everything but amount of stars be damned.

If someone starts a “ we will be able to flip this guy,that guy “ etc thread I will know that we have crossed over to the dark side with UFAG where it’s not about wins and losses and not about who is better than the other guy but just about where a certain recruit and their stars will help them finish in the rankings.

We will not get everyone even though we think Mario and crew should.We will get kids that seemingly aren’t as good as another because they don’t have more stars than another guy but are taken because Mario and crew have actually seen and evaluated them to be better than the higher ranked guy.

We are in a much better place recruiting wise than we may have ever been and yet there are people moaning cause we seemingly have lost this guy or that guy to Bama or UGA or OSU. I sure hope this fanbase never gets to the point like the Gaytors where their every waking moment is consumed by stars and how and where they will finish in the rankings.

We have to trust Mario and his crew that if we loose a certain recruit there’s one right behind him just as good.We have to trust that if Mario signed a 3 star kid over a 4 star kid there may be a reason and trust their evals.

Mario has been here a few months and has us in a better place than we’ve been in since before some of you were born.Mario will get us back to the top again but just because we might finish number 9 instead of number 4 doesn’t mean we are losing.All I know is we don’t need a flip machine or a Gaytor math Calculator to see we are headed back to the top.

Just enjoy the ride guys……

Advertisement
So then how do we ever beat them in recruiting? Doesn’t make sense
We have beat them in recruiting… we have 13 commits and a 91+ player average. That’s elite. We just won’t beat them every time.

There will be dudes who are seduced by the bag…
I honestly don’t believe that crap anymore. It’s just a coping mechanism for when we lose out on recruits. SEC schools have a mutual understanding within the conference sure, and yes maybe they fast track complaints regarding other schools…but in the end, legal or under the table…there’s still a sum of money to be offered. In the age of NIL, a school can match or exceed whatever shady monetary value these schools offer.

They paid more, they won. that’s it. Bag game gotta get stronger, but in due time.

And those that think we do everything by the book, and have been for years…you’re no better than the UGA or bama fans that say they run a clean program. Everyone does shady stuff to a certain degree; the SEC schools just take it to another level.
Wait…. we had the NCAA finding corrupt attorneys, and paying them to ask questions about UM in depositions unrelated to UM. Over tapas!

A years long investigation, into free ******* Appetizers!!

Just because we’re paranoid doesn’t meant they’re NOT out to get us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back