2023 Joenel Aguero - Safety - Commitment, 7.23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I’m not saying Miami is squeaky clean, but y’all trippin if you don’t think we are under a more heavy watch from the NCAA than other schools. As far as I know the NCAA has only investigated one school so far regarding NIL even though there have been multiple million dollar deals reported.

No kid is worth risking the program, especially not when all that’s to prove is we are a “big boy” school to CIS posters. If ALLLLL the other moves this off-season dont prove to you that we’re legit then nothing will.

I’m not saying Miami is squeaky clean, but y’all trippin if you don’t think we are under a more heavy watch from the NCAA than other schools. As far as I know the NCAA has only investigated one school so far regarding NIL even though there have been multiple million dollar deals reported.

No kid is worth risking the program, especially not when all that’s to prove is we are a “big boy” school to CIS posters. If ALLLLL the other moves this off-season dont prove to you that we’re legit then nothing will.
Not only that but with the new momentum and head to head wins against the blue bloods we have to be extra careful. You don't disrupt status quo and expect to be left alone. At least not when you are a small, out of SEC private school. Im sure phone calls have been made already

Uga and Bama have a weapon we don’t have or use.
Is this similar to legal recreational cannabis where black market is no longer being sought after by law enforcement? Bags of cash can now get dropped but they need to make sure the NIL deals are all above board? I hope they get caught and pay the price. That would be a great laugh during the legal payment of players days. Also opens the door for a kid to get paid the first installment and bolt. Hope that happens too.

That's disingenuous. It's not a generalization. It's 100%. The board ******** literally try to run EVERY SINGLE Hurricane writer we have into the ground. Am I wrong? Name one. Ferman, Shodell, Lake, Barry, Pete, Gaby, Ivins, Stock when he was doing day to day recruiting, and on and on. Every one. You paranoid wackadoos treat them like the enemy. You insult them personally, you accuse them of every ridiculous thing you can think of, you accuse them of lying, or hedging, of not putting their balls on the table, massive contradictions, and you all do it in a cruel way. Every, single, one.

Imagine being a writer who is obligated to produce ~1000 pieces of content a year. You subject isn't "sports" or "football" or even "college football", you have to confine your content to covering one, single amateur college football team that plays 12-14 out of 365 days in a year, has about 10% of the media availability of an NFL team, and most of your content has to be coverage of various teenagers (who are confused or lying half the time) around the country deciding if they are going to go study and play sports at the school you cover or not. Not one of you would last a week I am guessing.

It's an impossible job, and instead of supporting these guys and being grateful that we have people who want to give us info, you become the worst of us, and anonymously grind them into sand. And what's even more laughable, is you all live off every morsel they give us, without even paying for a subscription. Every post by them, every CB, every article is immediately brought here and discussed as news. Unless you don't like the content, or the tone, or the way it was written, or whatever made you miserable when you woke up this am, and they you eviscerate a fellow Cane. The most liked posts here are when their articles are shared here. Hypocritical and cruel.

@DMoney, our captain, the owner of this site that you defend like it's your own kid, who is technically a competitor of these other sites, literally just told you all how it is in the middle of this thread, and you all just breezed by it, ignored him, and kept attacking.

It's really disgusting and shameful.

I salute all these guys. They certainly aren't well paid, and they hustle. That goes for the new kids over at Rivals too who went from zero to 60 overnight and are pushing out content left and right. This is all pretty entry-level stuff and I enjoy watching these kids learn and improve. I wish to be entertained, I wish to read about my alma mater's teams, and I am thankful we have these outlets pushing out all this content.

This is boring, so moving on. I don't think for a second I am going to reverse the pile on that's happening. People are who they are. Keep stealing their content, keep killing them, and keep thinking we're not the ******** in this equation. Doesn't affect my day one bit. But don't for a second think you didn't spend your day personally attacking a fellow Cane who isn't doing anything untoward, and is just trying to provide content for us all to enjoy.
I am here to address this as short as possible:

1) Every Writer try to run off: Lake hasn’t really been tried to run off because he’s not really a recruiting guy. That’s been left off to Ivins & Gaby. Barry & Ferman know nothing when it comes to recruiting. They are accused of a lot of things like hedging, because they do. Would you agree that it’s better to just say something like “I don’t know at this time?”

2) You like to use the word “every.” That means it’s absolute which is not the case. Not everyone here has been cruel to Gaby but you say “every single one” has been.

3) Would you agree that Gaby is passive aggressive? Let’s stay on topic: many supported D$ in what he said about Gaby. A few others not (me included); Tell me, all knowledgeable of “everything:” How can you one minute be respectful & coy and the next posting something like “the staff asked me for info or whatever words he used?” What purpose does that serve? Even if it’s true, It’s self serving and he’s self serving and that’s ok but don’t be passive aggressive? Just own it, Gaby!

4) Some in the know here have said he’s on the verge of being outside the circle of info. Why would that be? Probably because of #3. lol hike being connected, he can be hurtful to the program wether he means to be or not regardless of his intentions to help, support and love the program.

5) regarding your “imagine being a sports writer…” stop enabling and making excuses. Work to be better. Make less of the same mistakes that have been constant. That’s your job. Not a hobby. Regardless of the pay, regardless of the hustle, you are considered a fvking JOURNALIST. Not a conspiracy theorist. Part of the problem is that people just ignore or accept being mediocre especially when your task is to provide team news. Opinions pieces are just that. Opinions pieces. You gain more credibility when actually trying to provide info when you acknowledge when your info just doesn’t check out or you don’t have enough to form an opinion. Stop presenting it as fact just for clicks.

6) Your task is not to be the moral police here or to try and reverse anything or anyone’s thinking.

Anything further let’s take it to DM to not further highjack the thread.

Last edited:
Advertisement
1DF0AFE2-BCA8-47DF-B65C-E1E929D21EB7.png

I am here to address this as short as possible:

1) Every Writer try to run off: Lake hasn’t really been tried to run off because he’s not really a recruiting guy. That’s been left off to Ivins & Gaby. Barry & Ferman know nothing when it comes to recruiting. They are accused of a lot of things like hedging, because they do. Would you agree that it’s better to just say something like “I don’t know at this time?” - they have to make a profit. its a paid site. dropping nuggets like idk doesn't do ****. they get Paid to know more.

2) You like to use the word “every.” That means it’s absolute which is not the case. Not everyone here has been cruel to Gaby but you say “every single one” has been.

3) Would you agree that Gaby is passive aggressive? Let’s stay on topic: many supported D$ in what he said about Gaby. A few others not (me included); Tell me, all knowledgeable of “everything:” How can you one minute be respectful & coy and the next posting something like “the staff asked me for info or whatever words he used?” What purpose does that serve? Even if it’s true, It’s self serving and he’s self serving and that’s ok but don’t be passive aggressive? Just own it, Gaby! - everyone is self serving when its a job and not a hobby

4) Some in the know here have said he’s on the verge of being outside the circle of info. Why would that be? Probably because of #3. lol hike being connected, he can be hurtful to the program wether he means to be or not regardless of his intentions to help, support and love the program. - I think that was a. joke. dont think it was serious.

5) regarding your “imagine being a sports writer…” stop enabling and making excuses. Work to be better. Make less of the same mistakes that have been constant. That’s your job. Not a hobby. Regardless of the pay, regardless of the hustle, you are considered a fvking JOURNALIST. Not a conspiracy theorist. Part of the problem is that people just ignore or accept being mediocre especially when your task is to provide team news. Opinions pieces are just that. Opinions pieces. You gain more credibility when actually trying to provide info when you acknowledge when your info just doesn’t check out or you don’t have enough to form an opinion. Stop presenting it as fact just for clicks. - no one considers him a journalist bro

6) You task is not to be the moral police here or to try and reverse anything or anyone’s thinking. Stop trying to correct everyone or steer them to an avenue that only fits your narrative.

Advertisement
Advertisement
A long time ago I wrote that NIL won’t mean that UM gets every player it wants, nor will it mean that school X gets every player it wants. Why?
Because every school will have, thru its boosters/collectives/business contacts, a budget. And every school (I will just use school as shorthand for boosters/collectives/business contacts) will have to decide how to allocate funds. And every year that allocation will be different.

Is it any surprise that UM has allocated a lot of funds to the Oline and QB? No.
Any surprise that we are doing well at LB? No
Surprised that we are being out spent for a safety? No.
Expect to see us land really good d-linemen.
Do not expect to see us land a 5 star running back

All of these budget allocations are based on the current roster. And guess what? Bama didn’t spend as much on Mauigoa and now they have more for Alinen. UGA didn’t match us for Aguirre and now they have more left for Aguero.
Money is not unlimited so now coaches will be like or GM’s and make allocation decisions.

A long time ago I wrote that NIL won’t mean that UM gets every player it wants, nor will it mean that school X gets every player it wants. Why?
Because every school will have, thru its boosters/collectives/business contacts, a budget. And every school (I will just use school as shorthand for boosters/collectives/business contacts) will have to decide how to allocate funds. And every year that allocation will be different.

Is it any surprise that UM has allocated a lot of funds to the Oline and QB? No.

All of these budget allocations are based on the current roster. And guess what? Bama didn’t spend as much on Mauigoa and now they have more for Alinen. UGA didn’t match us for Aguirre and now they have more left for Aguero.
Money is not unlimited so now coaches will be like or GM’s and make allocation decisions.
I’m with ya, but if I’m Cristobal/Ruiz, I don’t mind overpaying a bit for a few years (easy to say, it’s not my money). Then once we start winning, that cost of acquisition number goes down.

Because the only thing we’re missing in these head to head battles with Bama, UGA, and OSU is recent success on the field. It’s also what the south Florida kids are looking for.

We need 1 or 2 A&M type classes (‘22) to lay the foundation. jmo

Advertisement
I’m with ya, but if I’m Cristobal/Ruiz, I don’t mind overpaying a bit for a few years (easy to say, it’s not my money). Then once we start winning that cost of acquisition number goes down.

Because the only thing we’re missing in these head to head battles with Bama, UGA, and OSU is recent success on the field. It’s also what the south Florida kids are looking for.

We need 1 or 2 A&M type classes (‘22) to lay the foundation. jmo
Yes but keep in mind that Bama maybe overpaying for Alinen and UGA maybe overpaying for Aguero just as UTenn over paid for Nico.
You can’t always pay more than another school that is already overpaying. And arguably we overpaid for Mauigoa and all the other recruits. At least that is what other schools are alreayd saying.

Worth is in the eyes of the school.

It’s all excuses
Mario lost that’s it
Just learn and win the next one
I don’t know why people actually thought he would bat 1.000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back