2023 Joenel Aguero - Safety - Commitment, 7.23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaby gets too much flak. He has good sources and works hard. What he’s describing happens all the time.

That’s one of the reasons staff members develop relationships with reporters- the info is a two-way street.
Ok - I’ll bite - then why would you announce that? Why would you want that out there? For who? For what?

For clout?

I don’t see you or others saying - “we exchange information” - It’s very look at me type of stuff.

Advertisement
Ok - I’ll bite - then why would you announce that? Why would you want that out there? For who? For what?

For clout?

I don’t see you or others saying - “we exchange information” - It’s very look at me type of stuff.

I wouldn't discount people like Lake or Stock pushing Gaby to push as much info as he can out there. Sometimes that amounts to putting out stuff that's redundant, some of it amounts to turning something very small and making it seem like it's very important. All for clicks, man.

For clout?

He’s trying to prove he has sources

Gaby gets too much flak. He has good sources and works hard. What he’s describing happens all the time.

That’s one of the reasons staff members develop relationships with reporters- the info is a two-way street.
Thinking Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Advertisement

Won't help, @DMoney. All the anonymous internet know it alls are going to run this guy into the ground like they've run EVERY UM reporter down, year after year. We eat our young here. Miserable twatwaffles who UM would call security on if they slowed below 12 miles an hour driving down San Amaro. Not sure there are three people here who get what an impossible job they have.

Won't help, @DMoney. All the anonymous internet know it alls are going to run this guy into the ground like they've run EVERY UM reporter down, year after year. We eat our young here. Miserable twatwaffles who UM would call security on if they slowed below 12 miles an hour driving down San Amaro. Not sure there are three people here who get what an impossible job they have.
Yes - let’s just generalize and spout the old tried and true line that basically says - “We eat our own and we are all idiots.”

Advertisement
Karen Intensifies GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Let’s pretend for a second it’s true and someone from this staff reached out to him, to leak that info and paint the staff as insecure is the dumbest thing you can do. Good luck establishing relationships by doing that.

Either way, can’t wait to see Gaby on the next season of Catfish after he finds out it was a Gary Ferman texting him.

Yes - let’s just generalize and spout the old tried and true line that basically says - “We eat our own and we are all idiots.”

That's disingenuous. It's not a generalization. It's 100%. The board ******** literally try to run EVERY SINGLE Hurricane writer we have into the ground. Am I wrong? Name one. Ferman, Shodell, Lake, Barry, Pete, Gaby, Ivins, Stock when he was doing day to day recruiting, and on and on. Every one. You paranoid wackadoos treat them like the enemy. You insult them personally, you accuse them of every ridiculous thing you can think of, you accuse them of lying, or hedging, of not putting their balls on the table, massive contradictions, and you all do it in a cruel way. Every, single, one.

Imagine being a writer who is obligated to produce ~1000 pieces of content a year. You subject isn't "sports" or "football" or even "college football", you have to confine your content to covering one, single amateur college football team that plays 12-14 out of 365 days in a year, has about 10% of the media availability of an NFL team, and most of your content has to be coverage of various teenagers (who are confused or lying half the time) around the country deciding if they are going to go study and play sports at the school you cover or not. Not one of you would last a week I am guessing.

It's an impossible job, and instead of supporting these guys and being grateful that we have people who want to give us info, you become the worst of us, and anonymously grind them into sand. And what's even more laughable, is you all live off every morsel they give us, without even paying for a subscription. Every post by them, every CB, every article is immediately brought here and discussed as news. Unless you don't like the content, or the tone, or the way it was written, or whatever made you miserable when you woke up this am, and they you eviscerate a fellow Cane. The most liked posts here are when their articles are shared here. Hypocritical and cruel.

@DMoney, our captain, the owner of this site that you defend like it's your own kid, who is technically a competitor of these other sites, literally just told you all how it is in the middle of this thread, and you all just breezed by it, ignored him, and kept attacking.

It's really disgusting and shameful.

I salute all these guys. They certainly aren't well paid, and they hustle. That goes for the new kids over at Rivals too who went from zero to 60 overnight and are pushing out content left and right. This is all pretty entry-level stuff and I enjoy watching these kids learn and improve. I wish to be entertained, I wish to read about my alma mater's teams, and I am thankful we have these outlets pushing out all this content.

This is boring, so moving on. I don't think for a second I am going to reverse the pile on that's happening. People are who they are. Keep stealing their content, keep killing them, and keep thinking we're not the ******** in this equation. Doesn't affect my day one bit. But don't for a second think you didn't spend your day personally attacking a fellow Cane who isn't doing anything untoward, and is just trying to provide content for us all to enjoy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's disingenuous. It's not a generalization. It's 100%. The board ******** literally try to run EVERY SINGLE writer we have into the ground. Am I wrong? Name one. Ferman, Shodell, Pete, Gaby, Ivins, Stock when he was doing day to day recruiting, and on and on. Every one. You insult them personally, you accuse them of every ridiculous thing you can think of, you accuse them of lying, or hedging, of not putting their balls on the table, massive contradictions, and you all do it in a cruel way. Every, single, one.

Imagine being a writer who is obligated to produce ~1000 pieces of content a year. You subject isn't "sports" or "football" or even "college football", you have to confine your content to covering one, single amateur college football team that plays 12-14 out of 365 days in year, has about 10% of the media availability of an NFL team, and most of your content has to be coverage of various teenagers (who are confused or lying half the time) around the country deciding if they are going to go study and play sports at the school you cover or not. Not one of you would last a week I am guessing.

It's an impossible job, and instead of supporting these guys and being grateful that we have people who want to give us info, you become the worst of us, and anonymously fund them into sand. And what's even more laughable, is you all live off every morsel they give us, without even paying for a subscription. Every post by them, every CB, every article is immediately brought here and discussed as news. Unless you don't like the content, or the tone, or the way it was written, or whatever made you miserable when you woke up this am, and they you eviscerate a fellow Cane.

@DMoney, the owner of this site that you defend like it's your own kid, who is technically a competitor of these other sites, literally just told you all how it is in the middle of this thread, and you all just breezed by it, ignored him, and kept attacking.

It's really disgusting and shameful.

I salute all these guys. They certainly aren't well-paid, and they hustle. That goes for the new kids over at Rivals too who went from zero to 60 overnight and are pushing out content left and right. This is all pretty entry-level stuff and I enjoy watching these kids learn and improve. I wish to be entertained, I wish to read about my alma mater's teams, and I am thankful we have these outlets pushing out all this content.
leonardo dicaprio bravo GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back