2023 Joenel Aguero - Safety - Commitment, 7.23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing stuff. Has he been playing mostly CB for the past couple years? The game clips of him I saw at IMG had him at CB. Any thoughts on how he compares to guys like Jevon Holland and Minkah Fitzpatrick serving as versatile safeties that can do a bit of everything including man up in the nickel spot?

He can cover. He's twitchy. He loves run support. I wouldn't call him a ball hawk safety but he can cover ground

Advertisement
It’s not really a lisp. They use the Spanish “zeta” or z, to replace the s sound. They do it by placing their tongue between their teeth as they enunciate a particular word with the letters s or z in it.

My dad’s side of the family originated from Las Islas Canarias (Canary Islands), before emigrating to Cuba. That is a Spanish territory. My dad actually can speak like a Spaniard really well when he wants to.

My great uncle was an officer under the command of the legendary guerrilla Cuban general Antonio Maceo during the Cuban Independence War. The Cubans fought on horseback with machetes against the Spaniards (which had muskets), and defeated them to gain their independence and freedom from Spain. These warriors were known as Los Mambises, and were tough as nails. My dad was born in the same area that they come from (Bayamo), in a place called Las Minas de Bueycito.

The Rough Riders helped the Mambises during the Cuban Independence War and the term “guajiro” actually was started by the Rough Riders, which referred to the Mambises as war heroes. The Cuban Mambises not being able to speak English would pronounce war hero as “guajiro”, and thus the phrase became a term to describe a Cuban farmer or country folk, since that’s what the ranks of the Mambises were mostly made up of.
Pop and his elders sound like a legend love it. Take cojone to be a Canes Fan

For Kirby being a former safety he hasn’t recruited that position very well.
Incredulous Ll Cool J GIF

Advertisement
Mangringo was half, AGAIN HALF from his dad, his mom was not. And they, as always exaggerated the story to create a false narrative. That fooker grew up with his mom, did not have a long deep relationship with his dad, he grew up with his gringo mother and stepdad. **** he even went to Miami Country Day which was, at least when I was in school (not there), a very gringo school.
I had no idea.... I'm actually surprised.... A little scared that you know this much. lol

agreed.

i had Hausler three times. the third time, he dropped his books and said "you are a glutton for punishment". ****, i wanted my money's worth and if he was the hardest/most feared professor, and he was, i wanted to take him as many times as possible. he didn't teach the law, he taught you how to think. invaluable.
Gaubatz and Stotzky too!!!

Pop and his elders sound like a legend love it. Take cojone to be a Canes Fan
Thanks, brother! I’m blessed to come from a line of freedom loving men that greatly valued liberty and independence. But there are many other Cubans with similar lineages and life experiences.

We Canes fans are a different breed, that’s why we’re loathed by all other fanbases. They hate us, but at the same time, specially when we’re at our peak, they wish that they were us.

Advertisement
Literally just had a safety drafted in the first round this year lol
Yep…. Lewis Cine I believe… But to his point comparatively speaking he’s missed a bit more top name guys at safety, while loading up on DL, DE, CB, and LB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Per Wikipedia, Kirby Smart was born in Montgomery Alabama, grew up in Bainbridge GA., went to college at UGA. While he did go to grad school at FSU Outside of a year as a GA for Bowden at FSU and a year with the Fins as a safeties coach, Smart spent his entire professional career either in AL or GA. This guy is as redneck as redneck can get for a head coach.
Probably has squirrel for dinner.......after he ***** it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back