2023 Joenel Aguero - Safety - Commitment, 7.23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
You probably believe wrestling is real too
Ummmmm....what's not real about wrestling?????

holding it in fired up GIF by WWE

Advertisement
It's insane to me that people still cannot for the life of them grasp the fact that recruiting is fluid. Things happen on a second to second basis with these things. One second a kid is locked in and then a second later, a school gets wind they are falling behind and come in with a Godfather offer and the kid reconsiders. It happens every year, especially with these top tier kids. Very rarely is there a Duke Johnson these days where the kid is going to a school no matter what the outside circumstances are. Just know that Mario will have in a much better position more often than not in these types of battles. Also this is not to say we won't still land Joenel but as a general rule of thumb. Nothing is done until it is these days with NIL.

UGA loss popo so they’re definitely making this personal. But I wonder if the aligned dates of our incoming commitments are to either leave an impression on Aguero or shrug off the fanbase if he picks UGA 🤔

I mean.. yeah lol
I’ve been telling these cats for years reading these interviews and articles is a complete waste. Majority of these kids and their recruitments are smoke n mirrors. Theres a method to their madness right down to posts on social media and likes. Yet folks are like “ aww that’s just kids being kids ”.

Ok boss.

Advertisement
Tae is gone. James will be gone after three too. Kam is emotionally mature. He’ll weigh all options and maximize his earning potential, based on his draft grade. Like Stevenson, I trust him to think before he jumps. There’s nothing wrong with being a kid. We’ve all been there and done that. It’s takes a rare kid to recognize it’s a marathon, not a sprint. I won’t ever fault any kid for jumping, if they’re projected to go in the first two rounds. Hopefully they all get good council
There's a reason (beyond Mario and his amazing staff) that we finally got top players (like Stevenson, Hedley, Frierson, etc) coming back this year... NIL.

NIL will hopefully stop good Canes from jumping to the draft too early in the future.
ResizedP_a1f4ea42-f19e-461c-a762-4ec18dfc32e3_64785737419555.gif

I’ve been telling these cats for years reading these interviews and articles is a complete waste. Majority of these kids and their recruitments are smoke n mirrors. Theres a method to their madness right down to posts on social media and likes. Yet folks are like “ aww that’s just kids being kids ”.

Ok boss.
Yeah everything is not what it seems. Everything in recruiting is calculated. College football and college football recruiting are two different sports

Advertisement
It’s like my tarpon fishing trip yesterday. When you are are big fish hunting you just want the chance to land one. Seeing them on radar, throwing your bait, just having a shot is all part of it. Some fish you land, some days you get skunked. It’s a numbers game.

The more lines in the water the better the chance. Mario and staff have tons of lines in the water for bigger fish than we have seen in the last 15 years in recruiting. We caught some nice big fish early and started to think every cast is going to land another one. Any good fishermen will tell you that’s not how it goes.

Happy fishing this week. Hopefully we land a few tarpon and sailfish!
Yesterday woulda been a great day to get the kites up!

It's insane to me that people still cannot for the life of them grasp the fact that recruiting is fluid. Things happen on a second to second basis with these things. One second a kid is locked in and then a second later, a school gets wind they are falling behind and come in with a Godfather offer and the kid reconsiders. It happens every year, especially with these top tier kids. Very rarely is there a Duke Johnson these days where the kid is going to a school no matter what the outside circumstances are. Just know that Mario will have in a much better position more often than not in these types of battles. Also this is not to say we won't still land Joenel but as a general rule of thumb. Nothing is done until it is these days with NIL.
We knew that Jayden Wayne was ours a few days before he announced. He had decided then. It is not always fluid up the moment they commit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back