2023 Joenel Aguero - Safety - Commitment, 7.23

Status
Not open for further replies.
“It really came down to just development, so that’s No. 1,” Aguero said. “Where I feel the best at… that’s key. I don’t want to be at a place where I feel miserable. I want to be at a place where I feel good and surrounded by good people.”

Aguero told On3 that he came to the decision after his official visits to all four schools. He added that no schools know of his final decision yet. Additionally, Aguero revealed that his commitment ceremony will include the hats of his four finalists on a table.

“This is a dream of mine growing up as a kid,” said Aguero, . “I turned my dreams into reality. It’s just big for me and my family. This is the day we all look forward to.”

Advertisement
“It really came down to just development, so that’s No. 1,” Aguero said. “Where I feel the best at… that’s key. I don’t want to be at a place where I feel miserable. I want to be at a place where I feel good and surrounded by good people.”

Aguero told On3 that he came to the decision after his official visits to all four schools. He added that no schools know of his final decision yet. Additionally, Aguero revealed that his commitment ceremony will include the hats of his four finalists on a table.

“This is a dream of mine growing up as a kid,” said Aguero, . “I turned my dreams into reality. It’s just big for me and my family. This is the day we all look forward to.”
Man that sounds like Miami

Advertisement
Yes. Large parts of Spain do it. That's how you can tell one is from Spain.
It’s not really a lisp. They use the Spanish “zeta” or z, to replace the s sound. They do it by placing their tongue between their teeth as they enunciate a particular word with the letters s or z in it.

My dad’s side of the family originated from Las Islas Canarias (Canary Islands), before emigrating to Cuba. That is a Spanish territory. My dad actually can speak like a Spaniard really well when he wants to.

My great uncle was an officer under the command of the legendary guerrilla Cuban general Antonio Maceo during the Cuban Independence War. The Cubans fought on horseback with machetes against the Spaniards (which had muskets), and defeated them to gain their independence and freedom from Spain. These warriors were known as Los Mambises, and were tough as nails. My dad was born in the same area that they come from (Bayamo), in a place called Las Minas de Bueycito.

The Rough Riders helped the Mambises during the Cuban Independence War and the term “guajiro” actually was started by the Rough Riders, which referred to the Mambises as war heroes. The Cuban Mambises not being able to speak English would pronounce war hero as “guajiro”, and thus the phrase became a term to describe a Cuban farmer or country folk, since that’s what the ranks of the Mambises were mostly made up of.

:stormwarningflag-sm:

It’s not really a lisp. They use the Spanish “zeta” or z, to replace the s sound. They do it by placing their tongue between their teeth as they enunciate a particular word with the letters s or z in it.

My dad’s side of the family originated from Las Islas Canarias (Canary Islands), before emigrating to Cuba. That is a Spanish territory. My dad actually can speak like a Spaniard really well when he wants to.

My great uncle was an officer under the command of the legendary guerrilla Cuban general Antonio Maceo during the Cuban Independence War. The Cubans fought on horseback with machetes against the Spaniards (which had muskets), and defeated them to gain their independence and freedom from Spain. These warriors were known as Los Mambises, and were tough as nails. My dad was born in the same area that they come from (Bayamo), in a place called Las Minas de Bueycito.

The Rough Riders helped the Mambises during the Cuban Independence War and the term “guajiro” actually was started by the Rough Riders, which referred to the Mambises as war heroes. The Cuban Mambises not being able to speak English would pronounce war hero as “guajiro”, and thus the phrase became a term to describe a Cuban farmer or country folk, since that’s what the ranks of the Mambises were mostly made up of.
I know. Just going along with flow of the conversation. But imagine the surprise when I got to Zaragoza on my first trip to Spain. Lol.

Advertisement

Dominican kid didn't want to be surrounded by rednecks and racists

hqdefault.jpg

Joenel Aguero Se ha comprometido verbalmente con LOS HURACANES DE MIAMIII

Advertisement

Bro Miami is such an international city. Moving forward we gotta get all the best players with Caribbean backgrounds. They would be miserable in cow towns

what is funny is 247 contradicts the 'NO school knows" Aguero himself said he decided 2 days ago and told the coaches, funny just 2 days ago we got bat signals without an announcement...hmmmm:unsure:

Advertisement
David Lake spoke to Aguero:

Aguero says he has the best relationships with Coach Cristobal and Coach Day.
Miami is on the come up. They are going to keep stacking it up.
Aguero says Addae is the main reason why he likes UGA. Now that he’s at Miami, he loves it. He says they talk every other day.
Apologies for being behind, but that sounds an awfully lot like a Cane if he knows where he’s doing and it’s “based upon development and where they’re most comfortable”…

what is funny is 247 contradicts the 'NO school knows" Aguero himself said he decided 2 days ago and told the coaches, funny just 2 days ago we got bat signals without an announcement...hmmmm:unsure:

I didn’t even read the 247 article cause I figured it’d be the same ole stuff but catch lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back