Joe Rose this morning

ball915

All-American
texter said he saw Schiano with Jimmy Johnson at Jimmy's restaurant. apparently discussing defensive schemes (texter said to take it with a grain of salt).

if there is any validity to it James took Jimmy up on his help and they are being thorough with this process. not reading into it too much but wouldn't be surprising if it was in informal meeting. on the flip side, the credibility is questioned as both Schiano and Jimmy know that meeting in a public place is a greasefire waiting to happen.

Advertisement
Are you saying Jimmy's restaurant is prone to grease fires? What kind of food do they serve there, fried chicken?

Joe Rose said that he was aware that JJ was meeting with GS, but was told to keep quite about it. Also, JR said he could not believe they met away from JJ's home.

Hey, they could have just stepped out for some viddles!

I do not want Schiano.....dude is a Drill Sergeant! Steel Mill Guy! Players will yelling: "Tote Your Steel" Jersey Guy!

Solution

We should rehire Butch.............Rutgers should rehire Schiano!

Advertisement
Advertisement
He was able to do **** well without anyone the big schools wanted from the state so I think he'd kill it here with premiere talent.

My only issue would be that he never won his conference. He had some tough hombres to face in the current ND and Louisville coach. USF fielded a quality team or two. WVU was pretty consistent to good his entire time there. Early in his career he had us, VT, B.C., etc to contend with.

He made them respectable and always at least tough to play. Why anyone would want to go to Rutgers is beyond me if you have other schools (a great many in conference even) to choose from.

If he ends up being the guy, toughness won't be a problem and we'll just have to figure out who runs the offense. Our defense would scare the **** out of people.

Butch Hiring Day is 27 away

Will it be fabulous? Here's what the Fabulous Thunderbirds say:

I wanna believe things are gonna be alright
I said I wanna believe things are gonna be alright
If they ask you a question, am I living in a dream
The world may be against us, at least that’s how it seems
When the water gets choppy, can hardly stay afloat
Remember when the things get funky we rocking in the same ol’ boat

I wanna believe it’s gonna be alright
Hey, can you hear me out there people

I woke up this mornin’, I thought I saw the light
Don’t need no complications, no more driver in my life
I believe we need to deviate from the path we goin’ now
Change the negative to the positive, and turn that life around

I wanna believe things are gonna be alright
I said I wanna believe things are gonna be alright
Oh, I wanna believe it’s gonna be alright

[video=youtube;hPm_4D4h0e4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPm_4D4h0e4[/video]

From their album, On The Verge. It always seemed that this band was on the verge of something bigger.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'd be just as happy with Schiano as with Butch. People looking for a name, but Schiano knows his ****. I really don't want a 100% spread set coach like Herman. I want pro style with a mix of spread plays and multiple WR sets. Schiano is well connected in the coaching bizz and knows the really good coaches. He'd bring us back and I'd totally support the BOT if he's the choice.

Advertisement
Back