Joe Rose show this morning

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
I just caught the end of the interview, but I assume it was Tim Reynolds, since he called him Tim, but he was basically not holding back on No D. Basically saying it was the scheme and not the players, and that D's quotes from yesterday were bogus, and that if the player is in position to make a tackle and misses, it's the coach's fault for teaching or not teaching techniques. Did anyone else hear it?

Advertisement
Advertisement
****, I forgot that. He ripped Swasey too. Said it's not enough to just bench a certain number. It's not 10 years ago. Strength is scientific today.

While there were some missed tackles, that wasn't why we gave up 11ty billion yards to Abdullah.

**** going ham on No D. Needs to be going ham on Folden himself. I don't want this guy scapegoating No D or anyone else to save his job. He should of made that change two years ago when the defense finished near the bottom of the country.

Advertisement
I wouldn't go at them for poor teaching, the more obvious argument is that they selected the players.

This.

What I won't do is blame the coaches for players missing quite a few obviously easy tackles. I've always told folks that I want coaching continuity more than ANYTHING because that's how championships eras form. I will blame the coaches for this horrible scheme though. When you play a team that ONLY runs the football, and they go double TE, you can't stay in a 3 DL front, that is LUNACY!. At some point, if you care AT ALL, you will change it up bring in more DL, and bring the house to squash that. EVERYBODY who pounds us, does it. They stack the box to take away Duke. Look at VaTech, their base D is basically a 4-4 EVERY down. The only difference is they have either a SS or a nickel CB playing that 4th LB spot as a rusher on running downs and as a cover guy on short passing downs.

It's embarrassing. People that somehow would still support golden and his boy might say "there's no question they kno Xs & Os"...but who the **** cares WHAT you might "know" if you can't even see 10 inches in front of yourself...it's plain to see that this whole thing needs to be blown up. I'd rather have a coach with a lessthan stellar IQ who has the ability to self evaluate. In fact, that's really the mark of a good person in my opinion. Taking away any hate I have for golden, the simple fact that he is now in his 4th year and has YET to show an ability to adapt, self reflect, acknowledge ANYTHING...proves that he is a POS.

I guarantee we all have known individuals in our personal lives who had too much pride to succeed. You can be the 'best' at anything but if you are intoxicated by pride you will ALWAYS fail. There's a virtue to finding a balance between pride and pragmatism. It is CLEAR AS DAY that it will never be the case with either of these guys. Even if we win saturday...even if we somehow win 8 games this year and folden gets his first bowl win (yeh, right) the guy has already shown what he is. a selfish, egotistical, self fulfilling, pile of garbage.

**** him.

Last edited:
It's over for No D guys. Over. Should have been two years ago, I know. But it's over.

Golden used to give reynolds stories that other media people couldn't get. Used to crack jokes with each other at press Conferences.

If reynolds was willing to say this stuff, the heat will pick up even more in the media. Two prime time games in a row. Boosters already voicing opinions.

I don't think Dno will be here in two weeks.

anytime you blame the players you chose then you are only indicting yourself....note to NO'D, you can't even lead 19 year olds, you need a career change.

Advertisement
I wouldn't go at them for poor teaching, the more obvious argument is that they selected the players.

Its not the players man

Ameer Abdullah is one of the quickest shiftiest backs in CFB. Asking a 250 pound Denzel Perryman to run 7 yards from where he starts in the stupid defensive formation and tackle Abdullah ONE on ONE in open space is ridiculous.

Same goes for whenever a team runs a bubble screen. One on One in open green field. If that ONE players misses or the tackle is broken then it's a TD or long gain.

This scheme is too open. Players are too far back. Too far apart. ANd then you're asking them to give cushion on top of it.

Nobody is getting fired mid-season. This will be a wait and see season fellas. I also think Golden will be here next year as well. He will be forced to get rid of D'Onofrio and hopefully he gets a good D-coordinator to take his place.

Only way Golden goes after this season will be because he gets sideways with the admin over having to get rid of D'Onofrio. JMO

Advertisement

Its not the players man

Ameer Abdullah is one of the quickest shiftiest backs in CFB. Asking a 250 pound Denzel Perryman to run 7 yards from where he starts in the stupid defensive formation and tackle Abdullah ONE on ONE in open space is ridiculous.

Same goes for whenever a team runs a bubble screen. One on One in open green field. If that ONE players misses or the tackle is broken then it's a TD or long gain.

This scheme is too open. Players are too far back. Too far apart. ANd then you're asking them to give cushion on top of it.
I was literally losing my mind when I saw our safeties like 10-12 yards back.. that made zero sense

Nobody is getting fired mid-season. This will be a wait and see season fellas. I also think Golden will be here next year as well. He will be forced to get rid of D'Onofrio and hopefully he gets a good D-coordinator to take his place.

Only way Golden goes after this season will be because he gets sideways with the admin over having to get rid of D'Onofrio. JMO

Just pray to God somebody does to D'no mid season as to what Paul Johnson has done to Al Gross.... tech defense actually flies all over the place now.... which scares me... they could actually win 10 or 11 games this season.... smfh... Ga Tech and their triple option is a threat for Christ Sakes... What is this world coming too

I wouldn't go at them for poor teaching, the more obvious argument is that they selected the players.[/QUOTE-

What I won't do is blame the coaches for players missing quite a few obviously easy tackles. I've always told folks that I want coaching continuity more than ANYTHING because that's how championships eras form. I will blame the coaches for this horrible scheme though. When you play a team that ONLY runs the football, and they go double TE, you can't stay in a 3 DL front, that is LUNACY!. At some point, if you care AT ALL, you will change it up bring in more DL, and bring the house to squash that. EVERYBODY who pounds us, does it. They stack the box to take away Duke. Look at VaTech, their base D is basically a 4-4 EVERY down. The only difference is they have either a SS or a nickel CB playing that 4th LB spot as a rusher on running downs and as a cover guy on short passing downs.

4-2-5

FS
S. LB. LB. S
CB. DT. DT. CB

Beautiful flexible simple basically a heavy nickel

Advertisement
Back