Joe Lunardi still has duke a 1 seed after loss

USNAVYCANE

All American
Maude
12:28
AM ET

By Joe Lunardi | ESPN.com

Here is our final update of the night. Check back with ESPN.com tomorrow morning for the latest full bracket.

1-SEEDS
Indiana/MIDWEST
Gonzaga/WEST
Louisville/EAST
Duke/SOUTH

2-SEEDS
Kansas/SOUTH
Miami/WEST
Ohio State/EAST
Georgetown/MIDWEST

LAST FOUR BYES
Oklahoma
California
Saint Mary's
Wichita State

LAST FOUR IN
Boise State
La Salle
Middle Tennessee
Ole Miss

FIRST FOUR OUT
Virginia
Kentucky
Alabama
Maryland

NEXT FOUR OUT
Tennessee
Southern Miss
Massachusetts
Iowa

Advertisement
Surprised to see that. Wondering if we can steal their 1 seed if we win the ACC tourney. I think the committee would be hard pressed to justify seeding Duke over us if we tied head to head, and we win the ACC regular season and ACC tourney.

Every entity that updates brackets still has Duke a #1. Miami won't get one. Two awful late season loses against GT and Wake killed that.

Advertisement
Really though I would not mind a 2 seed with the bracket we are in. If we met gonzaga in the elite 8 I think we have a great shot at beating them. I would love a 1 seed but it will not bother me much if we don't get it. **** we still have to games to win before we are even in the conversation.

A 1 or 2 seed doesn't really matter. Having said that, if we were to win the ACC tourney - and there is a lot of work to be done before that happens - it would be criminal for Duke to get a 1 seed in place of Miami. Let's see, Miami blew out Duke at home and Duke - with Kelly being blessed by the angels - barely held on to win in a set-up game at their place . . . Miami goes on to win the ACC regular season title, Duke never leads in losing to Maryland in its opening tourney game in Greensboro, NORTH CAROLINA . . . and Miami also wins the ACC tourney title. Should Duke still get the 1 seed under those circumstances, then Joe L. and his computers need to be checked for a virus.

Advertisement
If we win the ACCT, I don't see Duke still being a #1, but we have a lot of work to do. Though, I thought they would have dropped to a #2 after last night. My only guess is the other #2 being projected, have to prove they deserve a #1 before replacing Duke. Remember, Duke is undefea...I mean, 18-1 with Kelly.

When I seen us a 2 in west with Gon I thought that was better then us getting a 1. Looking at our bracket till the final 4 I dont see any team really causing a match up problem for us.

Right now, they are still a 1 seed since teams chasing them have lost. If Kansas wins the Big 12 title, I'd expect them to jump Duke for the 1 seed. I don't think we get a 1 seed, our best chance was beating Duke in the ACCT.

Right now, they are still a 1 seed since teams chasing them have lost. If Kansas wins the Big 12 title, I'd expect them to jump Duke for the 1 seed. I don't think we get a 1 seed, our best chance was beating Duke in the ACCT.

i agree

Advertisement
I've been saying this the last week or so that the West Bracket is very favorable. Michigan,UCLA, Cuse, and Minnesota look like the teams to beat in the bracket...

Last edited:
Advertisement
AM ET

Here is our final update of the night. Check back with ESPN.com tomorrow morning for the latest full bracket.

1-SEEDS
Indiana/MIDWEST
Gonzaga/WEST
Louisville/EAST
Duke/SOUTH

2-SEEDS
Kansas/SOUTH
Miami/WEST
Ohio State/EAST
Georgetown/MIDWEST

LAST FOUR BYES
Oklahoma
California
Saint Mary's
Wichita State

LAST FOUR IN
Boise State
La Salle
Middle Tennessee
Ole Miss

FIRST FOUR OUT
Virginia
Kentucky
Alabama
Maryland

NEXT FOUR OUT
Tennessee
Southern Miss
Massachusetts
Iowa

Couple things I see him wrong on.
1. Kansas will get the #1 seed, not Duke
2. Boise State at 19-10 (SOS 66) over Kentucky at 21-11 (SOS 73) or Maryland 22-11 (2 wins over Duke) . . . LMFAO
3. LaSalle at 21-9 (SOS 79) over Kentucky or Maryland or UVA at 21-11 (wins at Wisconsin and over Duke) . . . ROTFLMFAO

Kentucky does not deserve to be in. They're a different team without Noel, 0-4 on the road without him losing by an average of 17 points, and all 4 of those teams are not tourney teams. They've played themselves out of the tourney.

AM ET

1-SEEDS
Indiana/MIDWEST
Gonzaga/WEST
Louisville/EAST
Duke/SOUTH

2-SEEDS
Kansas/SOUTH
Miami/WEST
Ohio State/EAST
Georgetown/MIDWEST

LAST FOUR BYES
Oklahoma
California
Saint Mary's
Wichita State

LAST FOUR IN
Boise State
La Salle
Middle Tennessee
Ole Miss

FIRST FOUR OUT
Virginia
Kentucky
Alabama
Maryland

NEXT FOUR OUT
Tennessee
Southern Miss
Massachusetts
Iowa

Couple things I see him wrong on.
1. Kansas will get the #1 seed, not Duke
2. Boise State at 19-10 (SOS 66) over Kentucky at 21-11 (SOS 73) or Maryland 22-11 (2 wins over Duke) . . . LMFAO
3. LaSalle at 21-9 (SOS 79) over Kentucky or Maryland or UVA at 21-11 (wins at Wisconsin and over Duke) . . . ROTFLMFAO

Does Alabama get in with a win today? Or will they have to win the SEC title?
Same with MD if they win today is that enough for a berth in the tourney?
Southern Miss is playing an excellent game today so if they pull the upset obviously they get in because they won their conference title. But should Southern Miss win whose tourney spot is in jeopardy?

Advertisement
Back