JJ Givins

Brandonmscane

Steenville
Per scout

Former South Carolina commit J.J. Givens announced moments ago that he will make his college decision on Feb. 1.

The nation’s 50th-ranked cornerback has a final eight of Arizona State, Maryland, Miami, Michigan State, NC State, North Carolina, South Carolina and Wisconsin.

Givens took official visits to Arizona State and South Carolina last fall. As for his final three officials, Givens will head to Miami this weekend, NC State on Jan. 22 and Maryland on Jan. 29.

Advertisement
Michigan state and Wisconsin had two of the best defenses in the nation. I'm an offer ***** so if Aranda and dantonio see it then I'm impressed already. Let's hope we can snag him, seems like richt didn't have enough time however with a lot of these kids golden neglected

richt could flip a few. he is very well liked as a coach. diaz and kool and them have relationships with some guys from former schools also.

u are correct miami doesn't have alot of time with guys like this or carlos becker, and others that golden didn't offer. that said i think he pulls in 3 or 4 guys no one expects that are at least 4 star recruits.

Advertisement
Cornerback JJ Givens (Mechanicsville, VA./Atlee) called his weekend Miami official visit 'one of the best experiences of my life.'

"It was incredible," Givens said. "It was as advertised. I have no complaints."

Givens said the highlights included meeting Miami cornerbacks coach Mike Rumph, touring the campus and learning Miami's new defensive philosophy with Defensive Coordinator Manny Diaz.

"Coach Diaz told me how they are going to revamp the program," Givens said. "How they are just going to have a winning mindset and bring that 'U' flavor back."

Givens has 21 verbal offers.

He said he feels one from the Hurricanes is coming soon.

"I know coach (Mark) Richt and coach Rumph are coming to see me this week," Givens said. "I should know more about the official offer then."

Givens still plans to officially visit N.C. State this weekend and Maryland on January 29.

He still plans to make his college choice February 1.

The Crystal Ball reads 67-percent for Maryland, 22-percent for Arizona State and 11-percent foggy.

Givens said Miami, Maryland and N.C. State are making the most consistent pushes for him.

"Miami has come on with a full court press the last two weeks," Givens said. "I'm cool with one of their commits, Malek Young. That was a big get for them. I met him at FSU camp. He's real cool and tells me about coach Rumph and Miami. I know a lot of coaches at Maryland like coach (D.J.) Durkin when he was at Michigan, coach (Mike) London when he was at Virginia, coach (Scott) Shafer when he was at Syracuse and (Aazaar) Abdul-Rahim when he was at Alabama. They are all there now so there's a lot of connections. They have a close-knit bunch and it's to close to home. That place could set me up for the future since they have a lot of business opportunities with Under Armour."

Givens said London and Shafer stopped by his school Thursday. He said he expects Rumph and Richt to stop by this week. He also expects North Carolina State coach Dave Doeren to do an in-home visit. For Maryland, Givens said he believes London and Abdul-Rahim will be by to see him.

The three-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 50 safety and the No. 24 prospect in Virginia in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings. JJ Givens Varsity #21/#13 - JJ (Jaqui) Givens highlights

Cornerback JJ Givens (Mechanicsville, VA./Atlee) called his weekend Miami official visit 'one of the best experiences of my life.'

"It was incredible," Givens said. "It was as advertised. I have no complaints."

Givens said the highlights included meeting Miami cornerbacks coach Mike Rumph, touring the campus and learning Miami's new defensive philosophy with Defensive Coordinator Manny Diaz.

"Coach Diaz told me how they are going to revamp the program," Givens said. "How they are just going to have a winning mindset and bring that 'U' flavor back."

Givens has 21 verbal offers.

He said he feels one from the Hurricanes is coming soon.

"I know coach (Mark) Richt and coach Rumph are coming to see me this week," Givens said. "I should know more about the official offer then."

Givens still plans to officially visit N.C. State this weekend and Maryland on January 29.

He still plans to make his college choice February 1.

The Crystal Ball reads 67-percent for Maryland, 22-percent for Arizona State and 11-percent foggy.

Givens said Miami, Maryland and N.C. State are making the most consistent pushes for him.

"Miami has come on with a full court press the last two weeks," Givens said. "I'm cool with one of their commits, Malek Young. That was a big get for them. I met him at FSU camp. He's real cool and tells me about coach Rumph and Miami. I know a lot of coaches at Maryland like coach (D.J.) Durkin when he was at Michigan, coach (Mike) London when he was at Virginia, coach (Scott) Shafer when he was at Syracuse and (Aazaar) Abdul-Rahim when he was at Alabama. They are all there now so there's a lot of connections. They have a close-knit bunch and it's to close to home. That place could set me up for the future since they have a lot of business opportunities with Under Armour."

Givens said London and Shafer stopped by his school Thursday. He said he expects Rumph and Richt to stop by this week. He also expects North Carolina State coach Dave Doeren to do an in-home visit. For Maryland, Givens said he believes London and Abdul-Rahim will be by to see him.

The three-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 50 safety and the No. 24 prospect in Virginia in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings. JJ Givens Varsity #21/#13 - JJ (Jaqui) Givens highlights

Thanks for the relay!

Advertisement
Michigan state and Wisconsin had two of the best defenses in the nation. I'm an offer ***** so if Aranda and dantonio see it then I'm impressed already. Let's hope we can snag him, seems like richt didn't have enough time however with a lot of these kids golden neglected

How them boys look against five stars? Ill take serious bama offers thats what i look at

Gotta pass on this one...Need a safety who rated higher than 50th...

I don't take the ratings too literally. They are just opinions. The staff's opinion is that Givens is worth recruiting. Of course the staff's opinions aren't perfect either, but the coaches are more accountable than the recruiting services. If the football program makes a mistake, they have to live with it every day for several years whereas Scout or Rivals can just keep on peddling their output to anyone that is interested.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back