Jimmy Murphy on the Orange Bowl Boys Podcast

Advertisement
Murph's work ethic and attitude injected in a few of these other more talented kids would be mint. This is where I'm hoping Sir Edward Reed does his thing (and in crootin without actually being in the schools, homes, etc.)
I hate this ****. His moment was cute and all but by default he HAS to outwork everyone else just to be there because he does not deserve to be there. It’s a privilege for him to be there and he has to earn and prove it everyday I’m not giving no credit for “being the hardest worker” on the team, first I highly doubt that and second he needs to be. If you are a Jimmy Murphy D1 ball is a fantasy to you and you better bust your *** to keep the dream alive. He owes a lifelong massive thank you to the U for ever getting on the field

I hate this ****. His moment was cute and all but by default he HAS to outwork everyone else just to be there because he does not deserve to be there. It’s a privilege for him to be there and he has to earn and prove it everyday I’m not giving no credit for “being the hardest worker” on the team, first I highly doubt that and second he needs to be. If you are a Jimmy Murphy D1 ball is a fantasy to you and you better bust your *** to keep the dream alive. He owes a lifelong massive thank you to the U for ever getting on the field

It is a privilege for ANYONE to play D1 ball.... The rest of your post is what is wrong with a lot of athletes today. Now correct me if I am wrong but you are saying Murphy didn't "deserve" to be there, I am assuming you meant he did not have god given natural athletic talent or requisite measurables to be a D1 athlete? No one would argue with the latter but if you truly meant the former you are just being a d!ck.

All these players need to bust their asses to "keep the dream alive"

Advertisement

Hypocritical post................frankly the kid is studying in Medical school....and proved his mettle by getting a scholarship. Nothing was handed to him like some of those soft whiner drama queens, who thought strapping on a U helmet was their ticket to the NFL.

If you knew what Med school cost, it was worth the sweat to be the"unsung hero" on the team.

Kid scored and the team came over and gave him love.. They knew he earned it.....

Get outa here with that foolishness, about a "cute moment". Kid worked his *** off.....earned every minute.

If half the team had put in the grind that he did, we would be looking by at least 9-10 wins.......especially our QB's...partying on, drama queens dramaing..
So give me a break ......................from taking anything away from him owing ANYONE anything...

You might want to listen to all the hoops he jumped through , loans and different stops he’s made to get here. Football was just the reward for all the hard work , that kid hasn’t been given anything . He was a walk-on that earned a scholly.

You sound like a bitter hater.

You might want to listen to all the hoops he jumped through , loans and different stops he’s made to get here. Football was just the reward for all the hard work , that kid hasn’t been given anything . He was a walk-on that earned a scholly.

You sound like a bitter hater.
Not to mention Jimmy specifically said he didn't like the attention from the TD, he didn't want to be Rudy - the kid that they snuck in at the last minute for one play. He is proud of the fact that he was a special teams ace. thats his identity, not some garbage time TD.

Advertisement
I respect how he didn’t throw his teammates under the bus for the FIU game. But I kind of wish he would have. I just want to know what was happening behind the scenes that sparked the worst lost in program history.

I respect how he didn’t throw his teammates under the bus for the FIU game. But I kind of wish he would have. I just want to know what was happening behind the scenes that sparked the worst lost in program history.

Same here. Could tell the kid was torn on how much to divulge. Made it pretty clear Jarren was a major issue and needed to go. Nice to finally here it from someone that had skin in the game.

Last edited:

Easily the most infuriating thing I have ever read. Two coaches here have given him scholarships. He was a special teams STARTER on just about every unit we have. He was the most sure tackler we had on special teams at that..

Explain to me how he didnt EARN his spot? You mad he had your brother riding pine or something? This is such an absurd take.

Yeah he really bit his tongue, but he was sure to say it was not the coaches... as all of us in the know have known for the past two seasons.

I hope this is the last we have to hear about selfish players for a while going forward.

Advertisement

@Mcanes305 bitcchh he earned that scholarship. OP, small diicck syndrome? you ok?

he did but not with specific names. he said team was not prepared like they were for Louisville.

Advertisement
Yeah he really bit his tongue, but he was sure to say it was not the coaches... as all of us in the know have known for the past two seasons.

I hope this is the last we have to hear about selfish players for a while going forward.

Kids always think that when they like their coach, but he is failing.

I thought the same thing when my team fell apart when an in over his head guy took the reigns from an alpha leader championship coach.

Yeah the guys aren’t doing what they are told. But when I got older and learned more about leadership, I realized EXACTLY why the team followed our championship coach, but did not follow our loser coach, even though he was a likeable guy who said the right things.

That’s when I realized that coaching is the ONLY THING THAT MATTERS. Some guys lead no matter what. Some guys loaf no matter what. But the vast majority follow the lead their coach sets and that was the difference between being a champion and a loser.

Yeah complacency sets in and guys start to feel themselves and think the uniform is what made them great, but the god/great coaches reel that **** in.

If Manny is going to succeed he has to show himself to be an authentic leader in all his ways. He did not do that in 2019 and lost control of his team( if he ever had it).

Gym rat, coach’s son who always gives 100%
As a white male, this disgusts me & I am absolutely offended. Completely heinous stereotype.

1581635894228.gif

It is a privilege for ANYONE to play D1 ball.... The rest of your post is what is wrong with a lot of athletes today. Now correct me if I am wrong but you are saying Murphy didn't "deserve" to be there, I am assuming you meant he did not have god given natural athletic talent or requisite measurables to be a D1 athlete? No one would argue with the latter but if you truly meant the former you are just being a d!ck.

All these players need to bust their asses to "keep the dream alive"
I mean he doesn’t have the talent to be there and for him to put a jersey on alone is a blessing to him. In a perfect world they are no jimmy Murphy’s on a Miami team, but it’s not a perfect world so for him he needs to be the hardest worker at a minimum. The world ain’t fair and that’s just the cards he was dealt.
It’s a privilege to play D1 ball, especially at Miami and only the select few in our population are good enough.
i don’t think I’m being mean, at least not trying to be; it’s hard to state my point without ****ting on jimmy which is what I mean by I hate that bs hardworking statement. Be default it ***** on everyone else on the team. He has to do what he has to do to be in the team and that’s hard work. Every other player is busting their *** to. Jimmys 10hrs in the gym may only be equivalent to 2hours for homer.

Advertisement
Back