Jimmy Johnson's Help Was Declined? Seriously?

Cal jimmy

Sophomore
I root for the Canes to win, always, because I care for the players.

If this tweet is true about Johnson's help being offered and subsequently turned down, it's a damming indictment of the current leadership.

Joaquin Gonzalez (@Joaquin_UMOL73)
10/4/14, 10:40 PM
Little birdie told me Jimmy Johnson offered help against option after Nebraska loss and Golden and D'nofrio turned him down..yeah you got it

Advertisement
WHHHHHAAAATTTT HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA OMFG

WOWOWOWOWOW.......

Jimmy Johnson single handedly eliminated the wishbone option from existence. His defensive ingenuity changed the sport forever. But tweedle blubber dee and tweedle ****** dumb didn't want to hear what he had to say?

Obviously Al and Doritos consider themselves experts against the option considering they did a masterful job against Army and Navy...at Temple..in the MAC.

Advertisement
Im still shocked by this. Love how Joaquin is going in; he was one of my all time fav Canes. Its ironic when Al Golden who never won **** as a player or coach, talks about "what it takes to win". Joaquin Gonzalez actually lived winning. He actually accomplished it; something neither Golden nor D'Ono have ever accomplished in their lives. There's something to be said about that. Your coach should know first hand what it's like to win, not just talk about it via what he's been told.

What the heck has Jimmy Johnson done anyways? Did he win at Temple? Didn't think so!

Advertisement
bdavis01.jpg

Back in JJ's time the option attacks went like this when playing the Canes..

Option 1 - FB loses 1 yard
Option 2 - QB loses 3 yards
Option 3 - pitch man loses 5 yards, and probably the ball.

First off, Albatross and D'No should've gone fishing with Jimmy and picked his brain before the Nebraska game, so he might've helped with that **** show. But if this rumor has any truth to it. Wow, just wow. Too bad the arrogance doesn't translate to our play on the field.

Just when you think these two ******* idiots have repeatedly said and done the dumbest **** you've ever seen in your life...This little gem pops up.

Advertisement
Not surprising. I remember Howard saying that he didn't get any calls from Jimmy seeking his help when Jimmy was struggling in '84. Actually, Jimmy was struggling because half his staff--including his defensive coordinator--were Schnellenberger holdovers with a completely different philosophy from Johnson's.

Pride suggests that these guys don't want to admit that they are having a problem with their philosophy of defense. If Al stays on maybe they should swallow their pride and bring him in as an off-season philosophy. Of course, that would never happen, because they will never admit that there is a problem with the philosophy. Most coaches don't change such things. When we had a number of good RBs in the early '90's, Dennis Erickson listened to outsiders and instituted a 2 RB scheme, and then dropped it, because he was not comfortable with it. It was an in-season experiment, but coaches don't like to change such things.

It's too bad, because it seems more and more likely that it will cost AG his job.

Not surprising. I remember Howard saying that he didn't get any calls from Jimmy seeking his help when Jimmy was struggling in '84. Actually, Jimmy was struggling because half his staff--including his defensive coordinator--were Schnellenberger holdovers with a completely different philosophy from Johnson's.

Pride suggests that these guys don't want to admit that they are having a problem with their philosophy of defense. If Al stays on maybe they should swallow their pride and bring him in as an off-season philosophy. Of course, that would never happen, because they will never admit that there is a problem with the philosophy. Most coaches don't change such things. When we had a number of good RBs in the early '90's, Dennis Erickson listened to outsiders and instituted a 2 RB scheme, and then dropped it, because he was not comfortable with it. It was an in-season experiment, but coaches don't like to change such things.

It's too bad, because it seems more and more likely that it will cost AG his job.

I get all that. But, wouldn't you take the call and listen just out of respect? Even if you ignored the advice and hung up the phone and said "f@ck that" you would show you cared. If true, and a big if at this point, it's beyond tone deaf.

Advertisement
If Golden and Onofrio do get fired this year I would love to see these guys like Jimmy be involved in some capacity. Not sure if i want Butch as our HC, but I do know id LOVE him as our director of recruiting. He knows talent.

Even Jimmy Johnson calls up with advice on how to wash your car, you stop whatever the fvck you are doing and sit down with pen and paper.

Even Jimmy Johnson calls up with advice on how to wash your car, you stop whatever the fvck you are doing and sit down with pen and paper.

If he coached a car wash to a national car wash title than u listen. If Dorito coached a car wash ur car would not be vacuumed and the water would only touch the the front of the car cuz the water is in zone.

Advertisement
Back