jimmy johnson

bolivar

Junior
Just for discussion, how does the board feel about jimmy Johnson as athletic director? I know it's out of the question now. But what about 10 years ago when we started slipping. Just a thought..

Advertisement
Not the AD type. Cant stand all the BS and red tape. His pad on Islamorada is a dream house. He is out in the gulf in 10 minutes in Three Rings -his boat.

Would never happen

Reason #1 - He's got a nice cushy job that pays him a ton of money and affords him a tremendous level of work/life balance

Reason #2 - JJ would literally meet none of the prerequisites our administration would look for in an AD...namely he knows and understands football, as well as the fact he actually cares about football and would make decisions under that premise.

Advertisement
I like winners so,,, You tell me!

While I wouldn't mind it, I would love Gino Torretta.

I could see JJ doing to Golden what Pat Hayden did to Kiffin. Eh....it was just a thought...more like a dream.

Not the AD type. Cant stand all the BS and red tape. His pad on Islamorada is a dream house. He is out in the gulf in 10 minutes in Three Rings -his boat.

This. Jimmy doing it the way you're supposed to. Bust *** first half of your life, enjoy success and make loot. Live on your own terms and relax the second half, still making money but no stress.

Advertisement
I think JJ would make a great AD, but I seriously doubt he'd consider the job without having total control, something the current BOT and president would never consent to. So yeah, it's a pipe dream.

He would burn through coaches, which might be good and might not. And he would burn out himself. The guy apparently took losing really, really hard, even by big-time athletics standards. Combine that with a lack of day-to-day control over the team, and he'd probably stroke out in year one or two.

JJ would be great but his gig now is to lucrative to even consider a change. however he could be involved in any and all areas to help\Miami
and would in a heart beat...... any way we can involve JJ in the program is a HUGE benefit

Advertisement
I like winners so,,, You tell me!

While I wouldn't mind it, I would love Gino Torretta.

Gino could be the right guy. Got the brains and the hardware to good at all parts of the job. Certainly cannot be worse than any since Sam.

Really cush job for 5 months of the year and he'd probably have to take a paycut.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back