Jimmy Gaines

Great Avatar, btw. Classic Pic.

Anyway, I will admit I am not the biggest Jimmy Gaines fan. But I would not want any other MLB out there on Sept 7th. He wont make any mistakes. He wont be intimidated. He wont back down. And the stage wont be too big. We all want Kirby to start at some point but we will need Gaines against UF. Kirby mentally just wont be ready.

Advertisement
He really started to come on at the end of last year. He'll never be Jon Vilma but I think He can be as good as Darryl Sharpton this year.

Sharpton. Still can't believe he's a pro linebacker.
I was thinking Gaines doesn't have the physical talents to make it to the next level but if Sharpton could make a pro roster I don't see why Gaines won't be a pro.

Sharpton had a pretty **** good senior year at UM. I think it was overshadowed because everyone was focusing on the play of the young bucks that Shannon had brought in.

I'm hoping he can emerge and be the leader we need in the middle, from all accounts he's ready to make the jump.

He really started to come on at the end of last year. He'll never be Jon Vilma but I think He can be as good as Darryl Sharpton this year.

Sharpton. Still can't believe he's a pro linebacker.
I was thinking Gaines doesn't have the physical talents to make it to the next level but if Sharpton could make a pro roster I don't see why Gaines won't be a pro.

Sharpton had a pretty **** good senior year at UM. I think it was overshadowed because everyone was focusing on the play of the young bucks that Shannon had brought in.

"As a senior in 2009 he had 106 tackles including 8.5 TFL and returned an interception for a touchdown. He also had a forced fumble."

There's no reason Gaines cant replicate that type of productivity.

Advertisement
I think the league would take him more seriously if he went by James Gaines.

Advertisement
Back