Jimbo... OUT?!

They’re gonna make Elko say no. Weigman in staying he’s A&M born but just about every other player on offense is weighing their options including Evan Stewart

Elko would be solid although I do wonder if he pulls the trigger. He seems to have a NE/big10 kind of background and wonder if he has his sights on something different than ATM (PSU, OSU, etc).

Advertisement
They’re gonna make Elko say no. Weigman in staying he’s A&M born but just about every other player on offense is weighing their options including Evan Stewart
I like Elko and he’s limited in what he can do at Duke.

But is he really option #1 and should he be?

I think he’s a nice coach and all but shouldn’t A&M be aiming higher? I feel they can always fall back on Elko because they are the one big program that has already fired their coach and has time to get their #1 target or at least try to get their #1 target.

Idgaf what anyone says. The bottom part of where it says the 12th Man Foundation will cover the costs is the reason why I never give to charity. The whole system is fraud. How does a charity have that much money on hold for that BS when the money can be used for something useful.
It is being used for useful purposes as they see fit.

I like Elko and he’s limited in what he can do at Duke.

But is he really option #1 and should he be?

I think he’s a nice coach and all but shouldn’t A&M be aiming higher? I feel they can always fall back on Elko because they are the one big program that has already fired their coach and has time to get their #1 target or at least try to get their #1 target.
I don’t think he is the number 1 target but I do think he’s the most realistic as of today. They are aiming VERY high but I’m not sure they get it done.

Advertisement

Good lord. Their admin is going to have a tough time negotiating with the hot coaching candidates.

Lanning, Kiffin, Meyer, and the other big guns are going to want EVERYTHING baked in to their contract. Because they know how desperate these guys are and the amount of resources they have at their disposal.

And I’m sure admin is going to not want to make the same mistake they made with Jimbo and will want to play hardball. I think this will be a dumpster fire hiring process that unfolds in front of our eyes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
My understanding, from the Usual Suspects on the Internet, was that it's either Norvell or Dan Lanning at Oregon.

ATM taking Norvell would be poetic justice.
How in the effing **** do I live in a world where Mike Norvell is a whale as a coaching candidate? I guess the rebuild he's done at FSU has impressed decision makers around the country.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back