Jimbo Fisher and the reality of the FSU situation

Advertisement
Hes staying i hope he does stay....but y would he leave he gets top three classes yearly and has been owning sfla recruiting. It will be harder now for him but why go to lsu where saban is killing it in Louisiana. The easier job is fsu period miami and fsu are easy jobs if u can get the sfla prospects.

Jimbo would be a fool to leave imo, why go to lsu when bama beats u yearly and they get any prospect in there backyard? When u can go to fsu and kill it....its one bad year out of what 6 years and a title? I wouldnt leave

FSU doesn't have Texas money.

LOL

They will lose, if they go up against UT for Herman...

Jimbo isn't going anywhere but where he's at....Handicapped son has a foundation in his name in Trailerhasse that helps kids with like afflictions..Some things are more important than $..

I doubt Fisher will go to LSU but hopefully Saturday night will be unhappy for him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
first off, FSU u gets away with stuff UM could never get away with. Winston would have never made it 3 years at miami with the way he behaved. the ncaa would have been all over him. If dalvin cook beat up a girl at UM, same thing. Also, Jimbo isn't dumb, he was cleaning up alot in south florida with Al Golden as HC. Richt is going to ruin his life as a recruiter down here. i could see him go to LSU. personally, i would think he stays but LSU would also makes sense.

first off, FSU u gets away with stuff UM could never get away with. Winston would have never made it 3 years at miami with the way he behaved. the ncaa would have been all over him. If dalvin cook beat up a girl at UM, same thing. Also, Jimbo isn't dumb, he was cleaning up alot in south florida with Al Golden as HC. Richt is going to ruin his life as a recruiter down here. i could see him go to LSU. personally, i would think he stays but LSU would also makes sense.

Wait what? Two guys we wanted at safety hes taken already....but it will be harder thats true but his resume is better than our coach we have right now. He has a title period even if its because of winston who he outrecruited saban for in his backyard. I agree it will be harder but hes an elite recruiter period his choices have crippled miami at times....if they didnt have cook we would be going for three in a row against them

Advertisement
My buddy at FSU saw Jimbo at a grocery store in Tallahassee yesterday. He told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but he didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

Jimbo said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

My buddy was taken aback, and all he could say was “Huh?” but Jimbo kept cutting him off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my buddy's face. My buddy walked away and continued with his shopping, and said he heard Jimbo chuckle as he walked off. When he came to pay for his stuff up front he saw Jimbo trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen crab legs in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first Jimbo kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the crab legs and started scanning it multiple times, Jimbo stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at him. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each crab leg and put them in a bag and started to say the price, Jimbo kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I don't think Jimbo knows what he's having for breakfast tomorrow let alone if he'll be leaving for LSU at season's end

Last edited:
Jimbo is 11-1 vs UF and Miami and is in the top 10 in win percentages for active coaches. Pretty sure LSU and Texas won't judge him on this year alone. Admins and boosters always think they are smarter than the other guys.

Here is the short list of schools looking
Texas
USCw
LSU
Houston
FSU/Arkansas based on who Texas/LSU lands
Oregon?
ND?
MissSt (New AD)
UF(New AD,may wait another year or two)
BC? (or do they finally pay for an OC?)
OkSt(oilman isn't happy)
Auburn (they think they are Bama)
UK (they think they are UL)

A big question, does ND fire Kelly if they go 6-6 or 5-7? 2-3 now with @NCSt, Stanford, Miami, VT, @USCw
Second big question, does Nike fire Helfrich if he goes 6-6 or 5-7? 2-3 now with UW, @Cal, AzSt, @USCw, Stanford, @Utah, @OregonSt
I doubt OU would fire Stoops for going 8-4,7-5 but his team has a tough road ahead and the refs gave him the TCU win.

It doesn't matter. All that matters is that we have a coach now. By the end of the month, everyone will know if The U is back or not. If we are still unbeaten, the real question is if Saban starts considering another shot at NFL before we rip the bloom of his rose too.

It's year 1 in Richt's tenure. Need a couple recruiting cycles to be "back" to the form of the old Canes.

Doesn't mean this year can't be special.

We just have to make the playoffs this year to raise alerts everywhere. If the only game we lose is the ACCCG people will still wet themselves.

It doesn't matter. All that matters is that we have a coach now. By the end of the month, everyone will know if The U is back or not. If we are still unbeaten, the real question is if Saban starts considering another shot at NFL before we rip the bloom of his rose too.

It's year 1 in Richt's tenure. Need a couple recruiting cycles to be "back" to the form of the old Canes.

Doesn't mean this year can't be special.

We just have to make the playoffs this year to raise alerts everywhere. If the only game we lose is the ACCCG people will still wet themselves.

Nobody's expecting us to win the NC in year one but Golden left behind better talent than either Coker or Shannon did. At least we should win the Coastal Division.

Advertisement
Jimbo is 11-1 vs UF and Miami and is in the top 10 in win percentages for active coaches. Pretty sure LSU and Texas won't judge him on this year alone. Admins and boosters always think they are smarter than the other guys.

Here is the short list of schools looking
Texas
USCw
LSU
Houston
FSU/Arkansas based on who Texas/LSU lands
Oregon?
ND?
MissSt (New AD)
UF(New AD,may wait another year or two)
BC? (or do they finally pay for an OC?)
OkSt(oilman isn't happy)
Auburn (they think they are Bama)
UK (they think they are UL)

A big question, does ND fire Kelly if they go 6-6 or 5-7? 2-3 now with @NCSt, Stanford, Miami, VT, @USCw
Second big question, does Nike fire Helfrich if he goes 6-6 or 5-7? 2-3 now with UW, @Cal, AzSt, @USCw, Stanford, @Utah, @OregonSt
I doubt OU would fire Stoops for going 8-4,7-5 but his team has a tough road ahead and the refs gave him the TCU win.

I would definitely fire Helfrich. He's the Oregon version of Coker sans national title. Year by year, Oregon under performs more and more and now they're a mediocre team given that Chip's recruits are out and this is Helfrich's team.

OU would probably give Stoops another year, but they're going to force his hand to push for a new staff overhaul.

Looking at the list of schools with a potential for new openings, and I think about 50% of them will be seeking new coaches it makes me thankful that we landed Richt this past offseason.

Advertisement
Back