Jim Leonhard leaving Wisconsin

Advertisement
We missed Jim Knowles last offseason and he instantly made ohio state better.

This won’t happen I’m sure but I wish it would, leonhard would be amazing for Miami

How can you say we missed on Jim Knowles?

Ohio St announced his hire on 12/7/21, two days after the Big 12 championship game but it was known the week before the game he was taking the OSU job.

Miami hired Mario on 12/6/21.

You can’t miss something where you weren’t even involved in.

Reunited? He never coached with aranda lol
“In his year off between retiring from the NFL and being named DB coach for the Badgers, Leonhard spent his time studying college film with then-Wisconsin Defensive Coordinator Dave Aranda and familiarizing himself with schemes that exist in college football that aren't prevalent in the NFL, such as the zone-read option offense.”

Advertisement
“In his year off between retiring from the NFL and being named DB coach for the Badgers, Leonhard spent his time studying college film with then-Wisconsin Defensive Coordinator Dave Aranda and familiarizing himself with schemes that exist in college football that aren't prevalent in the NFL, such as the zone-read option offense.”

That’s still not working with him

Advertisement
Have you ever looked at a NFL coaches daily schedule? They might get some more down time in the off-season not having to recruit, but its a grind as well
I’m just passing information from someone who knows the situation intimately. But if you think that the NFL grind is anything like college when you factor in recruiting, then idk what to tell you. There’s a reason why coaches bolt for the first opportunity they get.

I’m just passing information from someone who knows the situation intimately. But if you think that the NFL grind is anything like college when you factor in recruiting, then idk what to tell you. There’s a reason why coaches bolt for the first opportunity they get.
I’m sure the work is similar in weight, but the annoyance with constantly showing 18-year olds attention and love is exhausting. You have to love it to stick around.

I know its a different grind with recruiting. But you are now dealing with millionaire divas (although that is in college now too with NIL). I was watching Joe Thomas speak about the Colts hiring Jeff Saturday. He lived next door to Chudzinski when he was the HC of the Browns for a year. He said Chud saw his kids 2 times a week. He would pick them up from school on Friday and get ice cream and drop them off and go back to the office, and then after the game on Sunday on the field. If it was a home game there was one more opportunity to see them that week.

Advertisement
Back